Major Spoilers Forum
September 03, 2014, 01:59:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Drunks and Dragons Podcast  (Read 1263 times)
Vuillard
Egg

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2013, 04:28:36 PM »

I ran into the Drunks and Dragons podcast on iTunes and I am totally hooked. It's a real play D&D podcast that is sort of like a NSFW version of Critical Hit. They aren't quite experts like the Critical Hit crew, but that can actually end up being pretty funny on its own. If you have room in your life for some more D&D, I would definitely give it a try. It's super funny, and while they are only on episode 16, there story has been really interesting so far.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/drunks-dragons-dungeons-dragons/id581324591?mt=2
SmarkingOutAdam
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 08:59:37 AM »

I'm downloading it now to give it a try.  I've never been able to stick with any other D&D podcast other than Critical Hit.  Part of it is that no other one I've tried is done so well, with solid stories and great characters that actually seem to stay true to themselves, with just the right amount of fun OOC stuff.  Part of what helps Critical Hit so much, though, is that the Critical Hit guys (I know there's a girl now too) are the Major Spoilers guys, the Top Five guys, etc., which makes the whole thing all the more endearing because you know more about the people than just their characters.  It makes their jokes funnier and more natural too.  I guess what I mean to say is that I love Critical Hit and it has ruined me for the other D&D podcasts I've tried, but I keep trying because I keep hoping.  Here's hoping for this one, and I appreciate the recommendation.
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 10:49:47 AM »

While I do enjoy drunks and dragons, the only real play podcast to hold a candle to CH is crit juice. I also enjoy the 3.5 campaign they do at the end of the harmontown podcast, for sheer bizzare hilarity

SmarkingOutAdam
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 01:45:50 PM »

Well, I have to say, Drunks and Dragons had me cracking up in episode two when they all started singing a Flight of the Conchords song.  They are definitely learning as they go and that gets irksome briefly, but unlike a lot of other ones I've tried and quit on, these people seem genuinely likeable and I've enjoyed their sense of humor.  I'm only two podcasts in, but I'm liking it so far!  Thanks for the recommendation!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: