Major Spoilers Forum
July 28, 2014, 09:35:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you follow @majorspoilers on twitter you'll be the first to know when the new Critical Hit podcast goes up on iTunes.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: "Here We Remain" OOC  (Read 2216 times)
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2013, 01:31:48 PM »

Talking out of character ISN'T ALLOWED!!!! Is what I would say if I was truly an ass of a DM. Anything that needs to be discussed or talked about can go here questions comments concerns or ranting about how lame the DM is.  Wink

Navarre
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:01:03 PM »

Man, this DM is so lame... ... ...

Actually, so far you're earning extra bonus points for just showing up!  Grin
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:42:53 PM »

Can I spend the bonus points on extra monsters?

I'm playing with a combo of Paint and Windows Live photo Gallary to edit a map removing the names on there is tricky but when it's done it should work.

Nova is the where we currently are. Bonus point for anyone who knows the original map (after I post it of course) that I used without using GIS to find it.

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 06:17:20 PM »

You can spend extra points on monsters as long as we still get the EXP when we kill them.  Grin

Time to open the "Fantasy maps" section of my memory bank in preparation for the map being posted.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 07:20:15 PM »

Cartographers guild group on deviantart has LOADS of mostly unlabeled fantasy maps

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 03:01:00 AM »

Something horrible happened.

My girlfriend cleaned.

All of my D&D papers are gone.  Cry

I literally have nothing left of this campaign everything was put in the trash (and taken to the curb Thursday) along with papers that were vital to my home 4e game. I'm at a loss guys I really don't know what to do.

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 03:23:09 AM »

Well, we have some options. We can say heck with it and toss everything to the wayside. You can try to write up a new synopsis and make new encounters (tougher on you). I have an idea that's been rattling around in my head for a campaign too. I could try writing something up and better developing it.

Let us know what you want to do. If the idea of trying to remake the campaign is too daunting, I completely understand.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 03:33:04 AM »

I honestly just don't have time time to make a new campaign for 3.5e. The old school campaign building always took extremely long which was one of the nice things about upgrading to the new system. That's one of the reasons I went with this module i had ready to go because up to at least 5th or 6th level everything was already written out.

I'm very sorry about this it's the last thing I wanted to do. My intent was never to build up and rip a rug out from under everyone. I really feel like crap right now for letting everyone down.

George I would say go ahead with your idea. If by some miracle my campaign material didn't get trashed and was just misplaced I'll revisit this.

Last but not least for those that want to play I could scrap the 3.5 and run it as 4e. Much easier to do encounters in 4e and the story will be easier to rewrite since I don't have to make sure everything is planned out in advance.

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 07:52:03 AM »

Well, here's where I stand on things. I'm not really interested in another 4e game and would really like to be somehow involved in a 3.5/Pathfinder game.

After my last post, I started typing up the campaign setting I had in my head. Currently, the description is sitting at around two single spaced typed pages, with probably another two pages or so to type up (which will probably be done about midway through my shift tonight). This setting has been forming in my mind for most of the past five months, and I'm enjoying having it coalesce as I actually type it up. As such, I'll probably post up the campaign setting information no matter what (either here or in the RPG forum) for critique.

The actual campaign I have in mind would start at around level six, and it could accommodate any size party (I'd actually start with short individual things via e-mail for each person before starting the group stuff). The nature of the setting would allow Pathfinder or 3.5 to be used for it (I'd prefer Pathfinder as it smooths some things out and has a much larger set of free information available through http://www.d20pfsrd.com/, but could manage either).
Navarre
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 09:20:52 AM »

I dunno. I could have a campaign ready by Monday if I wanted to DM, but I don't.

But I also don't think I have time to learn Pathfinder. I'm leaving now and will be gone all weekend, part of which involves maybe placinng an offer on a new home.

I'll check in when I get back and we'll see how things are going.
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 11:04:03 AM »

Seeing as I'm as ignorant to pathfinder as I am to 3.5 either one is fine with me

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 11:26:39 AM »

Like I said, I'd be alright doing 3.5 or Pathfinder.

If “learning” Pathfinder is a deterrent, I can give a Cliff's Notes version of the changes from 3.5 to Pathfinder.

1. You get feats every odd level instead of at third level and then every third after that (adds up to ten feats instead of seven).

2. Most races have a +2 to two abilities and a -2 to another now. Humans, Half-Elves, and Half-Orcs are the exceptions with a floating +2 to any one stat and no other stat bonuses.

3. Every class has some new features. Almost all of these features are additions to 3.5 stuff instead of changes and are listed on the class's page.

4. Skills are simpler to figure out. You always get the same number of skills for every level you take (a fighter always gets 2+Int), and your max Rank in any skill is your class level (Level 5? You can have 5 ranks in any skill). Nothing costs more or less points to get a rank. Every rank for every skill is 1 skill point. If any of your classes have a skill as a class skill and you have a rank in it, you get a +3 bonus to that skill check.

5. In addition to streamlining skill points, they've consolidated some skills together. Spot/Listen/Search are all Perception. Hide/Move Silently are Stealth. Gather Information is now part of Diplomacy. Open Lock is part of Disable Device. Tumble and Balance are now Acrobatics. Decipher Script and Speak Language are now Linguistics.

6. No more Concentration skill. You simply roll a Caster Level+Casting Stat check against a DC of 15+double the spell level (17 for level 1 spells, 19 for level 2 spells, etc).

7. Want to do anything other than a simple attack in combat (Trip, Disarm, Grapple, Sunder, etc.)? Just roll your Combat Maneuver Bonus aka CMB (BAB+Str) and compare it to the other person's Combat Maneuver Defense aka CMD (10+BAB+Str+Dex) like you would against AC for a regular attack. If you have bonuses from a feat like Improved Grapple, you add it to your CMB check. That is how every combat maneuver works in Pathfinder.

Other than that, most things are either the same, or only slightly different (Power Attack is now a set penalty to the attack roll and bonus to the attack based on your BAB, Cleave is similar to 4e Cleave, Favored Enemy bonuses add to Attack and Damage instead of just Damage).

That's the gist of Pathfinder if you already know 3.5.
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 07:54:22 PM »

Something horrible happened.

My girlfriend cleaned.

All of my D&D papers are gone.  Cry

I literally have nothing left of this campaign everything was put in the trash (and taken to the curb Thursday) along with papers that were vital to my home 4e game. I'm at a loss guys I really don't know what to do.

Ah. Sorry for your loss, Rev.  Sad

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 09:05:17 PM »

Alright, well I've typed up the basic outline (and several of the houserules) for the campaign setting I've been thinking up. I'll post it up in the Plot/World Building thread for people to peruse and critique.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 02:33:57 PM »

To round out the party if we don't get a 4th member I was debating on a few things. I was thinking of using an NPC to round out the party but then i thought why not a PC. Here's the things I've come up with so far.

1 PC Controller
2 NPC Controller (Kobold Slinger for example)
3 NPC Minions (Group of 4 to equal 1 PC)
4 Leave it as a 3 man group unless we get another player.

I'm fine with anyone of the following I just thought it might help the party out if I took over the 4th role as well as DMing but I know that can cause issues so I figure I'll let it be up for debate.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: