Major Spoilers Forum
September 01, 2014, 08:39:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: "Here We Remain" Character Development.  (Read 4523 times)
sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 12:48:51 PM »

How about Bloodsworn, its from Into The Unknown: The Dungeon Survival Handbook?
Gladiator is also an option, both have their up sides Smiley
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 03:02:31 PM »

Either is fine it's up to you to choose.

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 08:01:54 AM »

My name be Perrin and I be lookin' for work in Waterfall.
I don't right 'member where I comin from, only that I was looked after right proper by old farmer Weston and his fam'ly.
Said they be savin' me from a fate worse than def when Goblins be tryin' to take me away wif dem, me bein' a baby an all; dem Goblins did kill all me own Ma n Pa n aunts n uncles n stuff.
I liked Pa Weston, but I was 'avin' to be leavin' after I did nigh on kill Tommy Parsons fer callin' Sally Weston a doe eyed milk maid.
Been workin' in  a few Inns tryin' to stop trouble, but nows I did come ere to get a proper job. If i'm bein' lucky mebbe I can be an adventrer like wot fights dragons and saves prinses's and stuff, I would find the Goblins wot killed me famly and kill em back.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Perrin, level 1
Human, Fighter (Weaponmaster)
Build: Brawling Fighter
Fighter Option: Combat Superiority
Fighter Talents Option: Brawler Style
Human Power Selection Option: Bonus At-Will Power
Early Life - Social Outcast (+2 to Intimidate)
Theme: Bloodsworn

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 20, CON 12, DEX 12, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 12, DEX 12, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 10

AC: 18 Fort: 20 Ref: 12 Will: 12
HP: 32 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +10, Endurance +6, Heal +6, Intimidate +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Arcana –1, Bluff +0, Diplomacy +0, Dungeoneering +1, History –1, Insight +1, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion –1, Stealth +1, Streetwise +0, Thievery +1

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Bloodsworn Utility: Bloodied Determination
Fighter Attack: Combat Challenge
Fighter Attack 1: Knockdown Assault
Fighter Attack 1: Dual Strike
Fighter Attack 1: Grappling Strike
Fighter Attack 1: Funneling Flurry
Fighter Attack 1: Seize and Stab

FEATS
Level 1: Toughness
Level 1: Inescapable Hold

ITEMS
Spiked gauntlet x2
Scale Armor x1
Adventurer's Kit
Climber's Kit
5gp
====== End ======
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 02:34:44 PM »

I dig it although it hurt my brain to read your back story

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »

yup, I might buy Perrin some electrician execution proper talkin' lessons before we actually kick off, it takes 3 times longer to type that crap out than anything else Smiley
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 03:18:56 PM »

It takes 3 times longer to read too  Wink
I'm fine with it if that's how you would like for your character to talk it doesn't bother me just takes me minuet to make sure I understood what you wrote. As long as that's his talking voice and the OCC is normal then I say run with it.

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 05:01:42 AM »

I'll dial it back a bit, I was going for slow not toothless hick in a rocking chair with a shotgun.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 11:28:39 AM »

Cowboy Centaur still need a character sheet from you when you get a chance.

George you can still pick Theme and Background for your character to get your bonuses.

Game is still open to more players we could still use a controller.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 03:41:07 PM »

Every other game has a players with no DM. I've got a game with a DM and well so far 1 player how does this work?

George I know you can get behind sometimes but I haven't heard from you in a while and still need an updated character sheet with a Theme and Background.

Cowboy Centaur I haven't heard from you in a while either I need a character sheet from you complete with theme and back ground.

CALLING ALL PLAYERS!!!! This if 4e game in need of players once I have 3-4 complete character sheets I will start the game. Later additions are welcome but if you're interested please let me know.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 11:24:28 PM »

Crud, I'm sorry man, been getting dumped on with now here the last two days, I'll try and have something for you by tomorrow.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 11:53:08 PM »

No worries I haven't heard from George either in a few days and I need an updated character sheet from him before we can start. Saturday is going to be really busy for me so even if I have all character sheets the game might take a day or 2 to get started. I was really just hoping for a role call. Glad to see that you're still around.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 02:58:38 AM »

here's my guy, i'll hopefully have some backstory after a couple hours. gotta walk around and think up one. ^__^

Ward Carrol, Level 1
Half Elf Cleric

Final ability scores
STR 16, CON 15, DEX 12, INT 10, WIS 16, CHA 11

AC: 17 Fort: 13 Ref: 12 Will: 15

TRAINED SKILLS
Diplomacy +7, Heal +8, Insight +10, Religion +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +2, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +1, Nature +3, Perception +3

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic attack
Basic Attack: ranged basic attack
At Will 1 Righteous Brand
At Will 2 Sacred Flame

Half Elf Encounter, Careful attack (ranger)
Cleric Encounter Healing Word
Cleric Encounter Turn Undead
Cleric Encounter Divine Fortune
Encounter Healing Strike

Daily Attack Avenginh Flame

FEATS
Shield Proficiency Light

ITEMS
Morningstar
Crossbow
Chainmail
Light Shield
Adventurers Kit
Holy Symbol
Ritual Book

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 07:07:04 AM »

Ward was born to human woman after a wild encounter with an Elven Pirate, and grew up in a bustling costal village of Melora's Basin. Although news of the conflict with Cypher reached his Home, none of its violence reached the shores, and He spent his youth emulating his absent father's swashbuckling ways, and eventually became a cabin boy on a merchant vessel.

While away at Sea, the Orcs finally reached Melora's Basin and utterly razed it, so Ward travelled to Vanguard to pledge himself to King Zerack (as he fell ill) and aid the conflict.
originally enlisting as a streacher bearer for the healers, he eventually served with the Artillery, where he saw quite a bit of action, and was eventually promoted to lead his own unit.
At Last Cypher fell, and the last of the wizard's horde was executed, but this was far too similar to the way Ward's village was destroyed to suit him, and the rampant destruction his fiery war machienes caused troubled him. His service concluded, the Half Elf was discharged, and sought answers from the church of Melora, eventually becoming ordained and setting off to spread the good news of his Beloved Lady of the Sea.

distasteful of Larger cities like Vanguard, He arrives in Waterfall with the intention of starting a communal church to his Diety.

Ward is a tall athletic half elf in his mid thirties. he wears chain Mail under a light blue tunic and an aquamarine cloak, and around his neck he wears a seashell with Melora's Symbol on it. he still carries his shield and morningstar from his military days, as the world is a dangerous place, and he's seen how dangerous with his own eyes.
he has a neatly trimmed beard, but with long wild hair with pieces of shells and bits of coral braided into it.

he's a friendly, likeable fellow, quick to accept, but has a hard edge and won't forget being wronged, and is unmerciful when attacked, and loves nothing more than to be on the deck of a good ship telling someone about the diety he serves.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 12:37:11 PM »

Cowboy there are a few things to look over on your character sheet.

A theme and Background.

The Background offers a power and various bonuses.

Theme will grant you a +2 to a skill or give you access t a new skill as a class skill

If you don't have access to themes and backgrounds just give me an idea of what you would be interested in and I can take a look at if for you. Or you can always check the compendium they have a list of them.

Careful Attack is a good power it will allow you to use your crossbow but it requires 2 melee weapons so you wont be able to use it as melee power with your current morning star and shield.

If you would like a ranged power to use you crossbow with I would look at the warlord powers Risky Shot or Paint the bulls-eye. They'll let you use your STR as a base stat rather than you dex. Seekers power use Wisdom and they use range weapons. Up to you if you would like to change it but it's just a suggestion.

Also the Morning star is a 2 handed weapon so you wont be able to use with it a shield. You could downgrade to a mace or drop your shield and pick up a different feat.

Clerics get 2 level 1 rituals for free.

I'll give you the holy symbol for free which leaves you with 5 gold left. 1 gold will get you 20 cross bow bolts you might want to buy some if you're going to use your crossbow.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 03:00:36 PM »

Durn, I forgot about the backgrounds and whatnot, pathguy must not believe in them, lol.

I would be comfortable with whatever you would suggest, he's basically a former sailor that joined the army then got religion, kind of a slow to fight but happy to oblige when pushed.

I'll check out the warlord and seeker powers tonight, and pick out some rituals, didnt have my books on me when I made him but I was pretty sure I'd mess something up anyway, lol

Yeah, Mace and shield is fine, and I'll grab some crossbow bolts as well. I was tempted to make him a full elf for the bow proficency, but I'm just not a huge fan of them long hairs. Hehe

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: