Major Spoilers Forum
August 01, 2014, 12:47:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Warm Bodies"- What pushed my last button on the Zombie craze  (Read 1064 times)
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2013, 08:27:58 PM »

Saw the trailer for this today during, surprise-surprise, my recording of the latest King of the Nerds episode.

I'm just going to come out and say it: I'm done with zombies

The Zombiepocalypse craze was endearing for a time, even enjoyably thrilling in some cases (i.e. "The Walking Dead"), but this POS has hit my last nerve. Because Hollywood is now officially encouraging proto-Necrophilia (the Twilight movies don't count, because they're not real vampires)

Why? Why does something like this have to exist? WHY??

Here's a link to the HD trailer...now I'm gonna go cry in a corner

http://youtu.be/IQ3ZwtyKs_o

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 02:19:02 AM »

I like the idea of this movie. Every zombie apocalypse type movie i've seen is all about trying to survive in an unforgiving world.

This movie's premise is zombies returning to humanity which is nice because it adds hope.

Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 06:50:36 PM »

I like the idea of this movie. Every zombie apocalypse type movie i've seen is all about trying to survive in an unforgiving world.

This movie's premise is zombies returning to humanity which is nice because it adds hope.

Same here.  I've been burned out on zombies since before the big craze hit, so this is a different take than what I'm used to seeing over and over again and it makes me very intrigued.

Because Hollywood is now officially encouraging proto-Necrophilia (the Twilight movies don't count, because they're not real vampires)

You do know one of my favorite things to do to upset a Twilight fan is point out that he's a pedophile, don't you?  Why is it okay since he's over 100, but if a 30-something man wanted to date a High School girl, he winds up in jail?   Grin

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 10:21:42 AM »

...*sigh* So I guess this movie's some kind of "next-stage" of tolerance?

I finally beat the whole "homosexuality is bad" out of my system a few months ago, so if I look at it from that open-minded standpoint I can probably stomach it...

But they're zombies...

The only thing you're supposed to do with zombies is shoot 'em in the head.

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 11:55:33 AM »

I love zombies and revel in the current hype. Smiley

Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 05:12:33 PM »

But they're zombies...

The only thing you're supposed to do with zombies is shoot 'em in the head.

Remind me never to introduce you to my non-human wife the Lich from Gygax VII, you closed minded speciesist!!   Wink

But in a way, you really have nothing to worry about.  This movie's source novel uses zombies in the same way Twilight uses vampires.  It isn't quite right (the zombies can live as weird humming skeletons without any rotting flesh or muscle, something the majority of proper zombies cannot do), but people would probably be confused if they were called something else.  The only difference between this and Twilight is that this movie is supposed to be humorous on purpose.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 04:00:42 PM »

Prepare for a potentially unpopular opinion: Warm Bodies is actually pretty good! *ghasp*

I know. I wasn't expecting very much from it at all...and it was far better than I expected.
Now, it is very light on zombie horror, and their depiction of zombies is very different from what you see on Walking Dead, or the 28 Days movies, but that doesn't take from the fact that the movie is charming and funny. And the Bonies are a bit creepy.

If you're interested, my thoughts on Warm Bodies, along with a Favorite Zombie Movie poll, can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cat-Halo-Movies/252936541426409

CatHaloMovies on FaceBook, @CatHaloMovies twitter.
dantemarx
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 05:33:38 PM »

My wife loved it as well. Weird. It didn't seem like her kind of thing.
Hirimno
V

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 01:22:53 AM »

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this, eventually. It will probably come on netflix and I'll see it then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: