Major Spoilers Forum
April 24, 2014, 09:59:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Book of Mormon  (Read 1078 times)
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2013, 10:29:40 PM »

So, I know from various posts on the site leading up to the release of Les Mis that there are some fans of musicals here. As such, I have to share/brag.

Thursday evening, I'll be going to watch "The Book of Mormon" in Chicago. It's my Christmas/10 month anniversary present from the girlfriend, and I couldn't be more excited.

Has anyone else seen it yet? Anyone planning to see it? Anyone insanely jealous that I'm going to see it?
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:55:08 PM »

haven't seen it, but from Kevin Smith's many comments it's supposed to be amaxing.

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 12:36:20 AM »

I've yet to run into anything done by Stone and Parker that I didn't like. I bought the soundtrack for Book of Mormon about an hour after it was released and listened to it countless times.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 03:31:50 AM »

I'm not really a huge fan of musicals aside from musical episodes (like Buffy's "Once More with Feeling") or the completely silly (like "Rocky Horror Picture Show"), so this is one of those that I've really hoped to get a chance to see sometime (along with Avenue Q, probably the only musicals I'm interested in seeing at the moment).  It sucks that it'll be so relatively close (I'm in mid Illinois) and that I don't have the means to go see it, but congrats on your getting to go.  Hope you enjoy it!!

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 01:32:41 PM »

I love musicals. A gift from my upbringing.

I'm both happy for you and jealous of you.

Have fun! Smiley

Extremes are always wrong.
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 07:55:21 PM »

The show was absolutely amazing.

If any of you have a chance to go, I highly recommend it.
karrienielsen
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 01:32:18 AM »

Book of Mormon is a best musical Broadway shows I have ever seen.It is basically a religious satire based on two young Mormons.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: