Major Spoilers Forum
July 31, 2014, 02:34:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for more  (Read 2454 times)
Firefox
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:32:44 AM »

I am planning a 4th edition DND game for Thursday evenings via G+ and roll20 system.  I am looking for 3-4 more players interested in playing with a noob DM.  I am familiar with playing a pc but this is my 1st time as dm so I ask for patience.  I have a lvl 1 warden pc already, looking for a defender a controller and a striker atleast.  Please contact me if interested.
Navarre
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:02:42 AM »

Hi, Firefox.

I wish I could play but I'm about to go off the grid for a while as I move to a new state. Thanks for the invitation though. Good luck!
vandalous
V

Oontz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:28:33 PM »

I'm interested in playing.  I've never played 4E before.  I'm a veteran of the AD&D 2E days so I'm familiar with how RPG's work.  I've also been listening to the Critical Hit podcast so I have some familiarity with the 4E mechanics, thanks to the CH gang.
Firefox
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 09:38:47 PM »

Vandalous, do you have the books?  they will be needed.  as for the mechanics, that is ok.  I am planning on running some premades to start, maybe tweaking them alittle to fit the campaign.
vandalous
V

Oontz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 09:49:47 PM »

I'll pick up the books.  Which books do I need aside from the PHB?
Firefox
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 10:07:02 PM »

the 3 PHBs are good to start.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 02:27:09 AM »

The 3 PHB's are pretty much all you need as a player. I would recommend that once you figure out what you would like to play that you pick up the Power book as well. Arcane Power, Martial Power, Martial Power 2, Divine Power, Primal Power, or Pisnoic Power.

The Power books give you a wider range of abilities to chose from and some different build options depending on your class. They also add a few extra feats to the game.

If you are feeling a monster race you can always pick up the MM and search the back few pages but it's not needed and since this is would be your first 4e game I would just stick with the PHB's and a Power source book and call it a day.

I would be interested in hearing more about your Google plus game. On the 1 condition that I don't have to play a defender. I have ideas for other characters and keep getting sucked into the defender role because no one else wants to play a defender.

vandalous
V

Oontz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 08:32:02 AM »

I'm leaning toward a defender role so you don't have to worry about that, Revenant Sorrow.  Smiley

Dwarven Defender definitely sounds appealing, though I'm checking out the other PHBs too.

Do you have a time window in mind, Firefox?  The time will affect my availability.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 11:04:55 AM »

Dwarf's make great defenders because of the bonus to stats that they get. Unless you down load the errata update for the books from Wizards website you wont find this in the books. Dwarf's get +2 Constitution and you choice of either +2 Strength or +2 Wisdom. The +2 Strength is great for Fighter, Paladin, or Warden. If you're feeling brave you can try the pisonic Defender and go Battle Mind and use the +2 Wisdom instead.

I would like to play either a striker or a controller but have no issues running as a leader if that role needs to be filled.

Firefox
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 11:49:01 AM »

Well, like I said, we have a Warlord pc already.  I know I said Warden but that was a mistake.  The time window is 7pm-10pm cst Thursday evenings.  G+ is awesome in that with the roll20 addon through hangouts, you can move your character on the board that I make and everyone sees it.  you will need a G+ login (who doesn't have that now) and a roll20 login so you can link to the game.  we can do all this on the same night.  I also ask when you get your sheets done, send them to me, my email should be on my profile.  Thanks.  any other questions just ask.
Firefox
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »

oh, almost forgot, when choosing your abilities, be sure to check the compendium to make sure there are no unexpected changes from the book.  Believe me, when I was playing a cleric, for example, there were changes to spells that were unexpected and therefore changed the usefulness of the spell.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 12:12:33 PM »

I work nights so that wont work for me sadly.

Firefox
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 12:17:58 PM »

believe me, I know the feeling, that is the reason why I had to leave my usual group to make my own.
Firefox
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 02:12:05 PM »

I am still looking for more players btw.  Let me know if you are still interested.
Zaknafen
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 02:45:30 PM »

My Fiance and I are looking to start some D&D so if your willing to start DMing a couple of "new" players and are a bit flexible on the times we may be able to start.  We are located in the Houston area so you being on CST works out perfectly for us.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:46:41 PM by Zaknafen » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: