Major Spoilers Forum
July 22, 2014, 01:51:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Revenant DM  (Read 7986 times)
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »

From what I've read the cleric is optimal for individual healing and the shaman is better for group healing. I guess the number of players (If it indeeds happens) would determine that for me. Never played either

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2013, 03:37:16 PM »

Still need more pleople  Cry There has to be at least one more fourm member interested in playing 4e

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2013, 04:54:59 PM »

Bah, since the other 4E game seems to have stuttered to a pause, I'll throw my hat in here. I was looking at a Striker (Thri-Kreen Monk), but if slik doesn't want to be a Defender I'd gladly make one of them instead.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2013, 05:57:37 PM »

A 3 person party sure will be interesting. I'll have to be mindful to watch my encounters to make sure I don't over do it.

Sliksham the ball is in your court. Defender, Striker or Controller?

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2013, 12:44:20 AM »

I'll take the defender slot, no problems.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2013, 12:53:34 AM »

Cool then all 3 of you make up your character sheets and I'll finish up the world thread this weekend. Complete with a time line. We can get back to posting on the here we remain threads

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2013, 02:21:39 AM »

will do, just my usual barrage of questions before I get on with it...

what are the limits for sources, if any? Books, Dragon mag, compendium etc.
Are themes and / or backgrounds ok?
Any races and / or classes that you don't allow?
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2013, 02:57:18 AM »

Nothings that's printed in Dragon Magazine unless it was printed in Dragon Mag Annual or it has another printed book listed in the source.

Races anything in a printed book is fine. I think that cuts out Shadar-Kai and Hengeokai maybe a couple others.

Classes. Non-essentials classes only. I know the essentials stuff is suppose to be interchangeable but it lacks the creativity of building your character if you end up using essentials at least in my opinion. Any regular 4e class is fine.

Themes and backgrounds are ok but they have the same limitations only ones that were in printed books (no dragon mag) and they must make sense with your back story. Having a gladiator theme for example wouldn't make sense for a mage who spend most of his/her time practicing rituals.

Also I will allow magical ammunition for anyone who starts the game with a ranged weapon. If it fits in your normal 100g from 1st level budget you may have it.

You can use anything you find in the compendium as long as it has a book listed as a source. I know not everything made it's way into the character builder.

I would prefer if everyone played in the unalinged-lawful good spectrum. As for Deities lets keep it simple and stick with what's in the PHB.

There may be a few things here and there that I will bend the rules on but for the most part that's my ground rules for 4e games.

Any other questions?

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2013, 07:39:21 AM »

I have 3 possibilities to go with at the moment;

A Human brawling fighter, thinking along the lines of Mungo from Blazing Saddles, maybe works as a farm hand or stable boy or blacksmiths apprentice, has arms like tree trunks and bear hugs the enemy into submission.
A Dragonborn Paladin, would be looking to go with as many mass sanctions as possible to tie down those threatening our small band. Not thought much about background.
A Human spear and shield fighter, moves targets around a bit, maybe a member of the guard, or watch, or a caravan guard or something.

Each one is appealing in its own right so I don't mind which one I use, whichever one fits best with the rest of the group is fine with me.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to: