Major Spoilers Forum
April 16, 2014, 11:06:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: The Revenant DM  (Read 6789 times)
Navarre
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2013, 02:08:25 PM »

So Cowboy's a Ranger, George is a Rogue, and Eothr is a Wizard, yeah?

I wonder what Gaumer will be?

If I play maybe I'll just keep such thing as class to myself and let people come to know me in-game.   Lips Sealed
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »

That's fine by me as long as i get a copy of your REAL character sheet  Wink

Navarre
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2013, 02:18:25 PM »

I will buy a set of thieve's tools, a blank spell book, and a great sword. I will let the others figure it out as I adjust my holy symbol and tend to a few trees.
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2013, 02:19:12 PM »

I'm going to get in where I fit in. "I'm easy," remember? Smiley

It looks as though we will need a healer; I'll prolly end up being a cleric or something.

I still would like to level up a Healer up to some goodness, but I don't think I'm leaning that way right now. Maybe a Cleric, but if I do I'm thinking going to play it up as a true warrior-priest.

Do we have any info on deities in the game?

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2013, 02:20:40 PM »

I recommend Bronwyn Moonshadow.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2013, 02:30:17 PM »

I recommend Bronwyn Moonshadow.

lol Yeah, I bet a follower of Brownwyn would an exciting party member. Demented and deranged, but exciting.

I'm hoping for a war deity of some kind; something that can maybe give some balance, but still give my RP a foundation.

Navarre
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2013, 02:35:37 PM »

I kind of envision Harley Quinn as a follower of Bronwyn.

But, yeah, some sort of overview of gods and maybe racial distribution in the land would be useful.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »

Deities I would prefer to stick with what's in the PHB but if you want to reach out to something else that's in the deities and Demi gods and you have your heart set on it that's fine.

I like to restrict as few things as possible so the sky is the limit but if you're looking for a limit if you just go with what's in the PHB that means less reading for me.  Grin

Races are pretty much open. I don't have a lay out to see what would be more common and what would be rare. General philosophy everything is open.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2013, 02:41:52 PM »

If I play maybe I'll just keep such thing as class to myself and let people come to know me in-game.   Lips Sealed
If I wasn't so ignorant to the rules I'd do the exact and thing, it'd make the moment when the short pudgy orcish lass playing the harp slices the captain of the guards throat and laughs so much more satisfying.

Navarre
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »

If I wasn't so ignorant to the rules I'd do the exact and thing, it'd make the moment when the short pudgy orcish lass playing the harp slices the captain of the guards throat and laughs so much more satisfying.

Indeed.

Indeed.

Smiley
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2013, 02:56:23 PM »

I should probably go thumb through the players handbook for a bit, huh?

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2013, 03:36:57 PM »

I should probably go thumb through the players handbook for a bit, huh?

Me too. I don't remember all the rule to 3.5 so It'll take some rereading on my part as well.

I've always have a very poorly defined world just so that I could add things here and there as I go and it doesn't interupt the game because one character should have known about it because he hails from the 3rd district of the Savage Swamplands and I just droped a dungeon there that you could trip over if you were walking around blindfolded.

I realize it's not always the ideal style of play of every player but it's the way I function best as a DM.

Navarre
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2013, 04:06:13 PM »

Nah, that's cool. I've always built my world the nearly the most minute detail but that's because I enjoy that the most.

I can always work up a few things about my homeland "over there" and figure you'll tell me what I should know when I come across it. It's like automatically making your DC10 Knowledge (Local) check and having the DM describe such things to you.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2013, 06:15:36 PM »

Nah, that's cool. I've always built my world the nearly the most minute detail but that's because I enjoy that the most.

I can always work up a few things about my homeland "over there" and figure you'll tell me what I should know when I come across it. It's like automatically making your DC10 Knowledge (Local) check and having the DM describe such things to you.

You also are pretty handy with photo shop so smashing 4 or 5 maps togethor and creating something new works for you. The map you posted up for your home game was awesome.

I suck with photo editing and don't have an artistic bone in my body when it comes to drawing or photo editing. It's very hard for me to make any sort of map that's just just a bunch of squiggles with dots.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2013, 02:50:38 PM »

Still only have a head count of 5 PC's Navarre are you officially wanting to join or just hanging out with the cool kids? Also does Indelikatt want to join? I wont have time to email rodrigo until get home later tonight so you've got a little while if you haven't made your mind up just yet.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: