Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 11:58:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Have a question for Matthew, Stephen and Rodrigo? Send it to podcast@majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cable and X-Force  (Read 1308 times)
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2013, 11:23:01 AM »

Anyone else reading this? Is anyone who is reading it feeling like dropping it like I am?

I like the build of the team, although Cable himself is getting kind of tedious (Oh, just now he's getting tedious for you, Gaumer? His whole backstory is tedious as hell.) And I know Cable's whole backstory is tedious as hell (duh!) but Dennis Hopeless's pacing on the book is just plain strange and unwieldy. He jumps around more than a jackrabbit on meth (not that I have ever seen or would give a jackrabbit meth or any other drugs).

Anyone else feeling robbed out of a good story that featured a really cool lineup of characters? Because I am.

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 11:27:40 AM »

I have not read it, sorry. Besides, Cable's backstory is tedious as hell.  Wink
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 11:29:05 AM »

Lol, but the title has Doc Nemesis, Forge, Domino and a post-AvX Colossus. It COULD be awesome! But its failing horribly at that, IMO.

Extremes are always wrong.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 01:05:18 PM »

I thought about picking it up because Colossus is awesome. He's my 2nd favorite X just behind Wolverine (Yeah i know wolverine is way over done but I just don't care). Cable was the big kicker I wasn't sure if he would would make or break the book.

CajunLost
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 02:48:13 AM »

I have not read it but I will surely like to read it.

eco sol
Marvel2099
V

Spider-Man is still trying to headbutt Wolerine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 04:55:38 PM »

It's a good read, but there are holes in the storyline.  Like I put in the review page, why is Cable in such a state.  It's not the first time Cable has been "cured" however it's the first time his arm has been crippled and lost an eye. 
Also it's not a comic you can race through as the constant jumping makes it harder to read than most comics. Maybe because Cable is a time traveller, the story has to be read in a time jumping manner.

I recommend picking it up.

If I had the powers of Multiple Man, I would send one of the dupes to work, one to revise, one to clean my room and one to walk the dog.  While I would stay at home reading comics.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: