Major Spoilers Forum
September 03, 2014, 02:02:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MSP 493 - Regular Show  (Read 807 times)
tidge
Rootwalla

?

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2013, 05:13:26 PM »

When I try to describe why someone may not like Regular Show, it usually involves me telling them that it is heavily influenced by Cultural references to the 1970s, 1980s and a fair share of 1990s, so much of the background material (stand-alone videogame tournaments, wrestling, David-Bowie-like bowling demons, chocolate cake, table hockey, baby ducks, Bill & Ted) may not be appreciated...so I was a little surprised to hear on MSP 493 that the general consensus was that the show wasn't aimed at Matthew and Stephen.

I'd encourage you guys to give the show a try. In my experience it hits about 66% of the time, but when it hits it is gold. My favorite episode is "A Bunch of Baby Ducks" but you may want to hit the wiki and pick out a topic that is dear to you like "Really Real Wrestling".

Just sayin, bro.

Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 06:53:08 PM »

It is one of those shows that either makes me crack up laughing or roll my eyes and change the channel.  It wasn't something I thought I'd enjoy from the previews, but I caught episodes when I woke up and it would be on (I leave on Adult Swim and Cartoon Network a lot). 

The show is incredibly ridiculous, but often in a humorous way.  It isn't something I rush to watch, but I do enjoy it enough to look it up on On Demand if nothing else is on (particularly late Thursdays when I'm avoiding the live-action Adult Swim shows that I dislike).

I never really thought about it before, but I guess my favorite episode would have to be "But I Have A Receipt" when they try to return a tabletop RPG to the store.  I also get a kick out of the episode "More Smarter".

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: