Major Spoilers Forum
July 30, 2014, 12:12:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: not a snark troll, Mr. Schleicher  (Read 812 times)
anonymouse
Egg

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:13:36 PM »

simply stating my concern for the site that i respect for its comic book related and generally geeky content. however, i was taken back by the review. you say its reviewed now because its being RE released... where the reviewer was.. so your saying the guy you consider a reviewer of movies couldnt be bothered to review the movie until it was RE released due to its WINNING awards....... the reviewer starts his review by saying "its basically catch me if you can" and his bio states the best movies and music came out in the 70s and his credentials include "voicing his opinion on the intarwebs".

you have a comments section sir.
i made my comments. i made them because that was my reaction to your content you ultimately had final say on when, how and what was.
my opinion may be a negative one. but simply because i dont want to see this niche site turn into another generic repost site or glorified personal blog. calling everyone who expresses a negative opinion towards your writers articles a troll isnt going to make it better. simply shows that you dont know what troll means. im not baiting anyone to get some sort of reaction. im expressing my concern that, the review was late, and kind of silly and written by someone whose opinion im not sure why im supposed to care about, or what qualifies them.

if Mr. Cathal (sorry im not even able to type your last name, no disrespect intended) has experience in the film industry beyond watching films and voicing opinions on the intarwebs include that info in his bio and i wont come to the conclusion that im reading some random blokes opinion, something i could get and expect anywhere else.

Mr. Cathal, please do not think im questioning your merits as a writer. god knows i have no room to comment on that, and from the various reviews ive read of yours you seem to be a very good writer indeed. but writer=/= reviewer imho, and aside from the reviews of films about or influenced by comics, i wonder why they are here.

of course that was before i found out that the actual tag line for the site isnt "we know you love comics, so do we!" but “Major Spoilers.com – The Best comic book community for news, reviews, commentary and more on the comic book and pop culture industry!”
which is clearly to large to fit on a shirt and explains the shortened version.

just want to clarify where i was coming from. i actually sell comic books for a living, and i really do love this site. which is exactly why i take the time to comment.

-DNDMatthew
 40kMatthew
 Anonymouse
 Matthew
anonymouse
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:31:01 PM »

i am guilty of having an off sense of humor which maybe comes across in text as snarkyness. my apologies for that.
schleicher12000
The Grand Master
Administrator
Velociraptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:53:56 PM »

You made a criticism, and that is fine.  What got you labeled as a "troll" is that even after the explanation for why the review was posted, you continued to post snarky comments to bait further comments from the reviewer or the admins- and that dear sir, is not allowed.  The review isn't being posted because it is RE Released, the first time it was released in Europe was just recently - making it the initial release, for our reviewer - not a re release.  And guess what?  When it is released on DVD and the studio sends us a copy, i expect there will be yet another review on the site about that, too.  Major Spoilers has been reviewing movies for years, YEARS, we also review games, toys, and a variety of other things that are not comics, but are indeed related to pop culture.

And finally, if you have a comment that needs to be directed at the owner of the site, my email address is readily available.

Thanks for your comments.  
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:56:54 PM by schleicher12000 » Logged

anonymouse
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 08:49:51 PM »

fair enough. maybe i shouldnt have replied back, i wasnt trying to bait anyone sir. and if it was snarky it was not intended, tongue in cheek maybe, but nothing with ill intent or anything like that. anyways youve explained the range of your site better, ive been visiting here for YEARS =P i just didnt recall such a SO far out of the realm of comics or action/scifi/ fantasy review. and tbh, your site is my site of choice because other sites of this nature get so watered down with non related content. i jumped to an unfair conclusion, my apology to you and Mr. Cathal.

ps stephen.. im looking forward to the Gone with the Wind review.
schleicher12000
The Grand Master
Administrator
Velociraptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 09:37:55 PM »

Review: Gone with the Wind

It was long and boring, and there weren't enough turnips being eaten.

3 out of 5 stars.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: