Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 01:25:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A book with the highest of recommendations.  (Read 7007 times)
Kirby Krackle
Rootwalla

Love, friendship and nerdity.

View Profile WWW
« on: January 18, 2013, 03:43:50 AM »

Finished Jeff Lemire's 'The Underwater Welder', wonderful, wonderful stuff. Worth the cover price ten times over, if want a self contained single volume graphic novel then I strongly recommend you pick this one up.
Simple,  elegant,  beautiful and you have no idea how hard it was not to phrase this message like the opening to a Twilight Zone episode. Imagine if you will, an ordinary man in an ordinary town.......
http://www.topshelfcomix.com/mobile/catalog/the-underwater-welder/731

Searching for indie gems.
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 05:30:12 PM »

I've heard good stuff about this book, as well. I may just have to pick it up this week.

Extremes are always wrong.
Brayden
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 02:43:11 PM »

i am 100 percent agree with Gaumer.i also heard good about it and i am also going to read it in next few weeks when will i get time.

Endymion
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 11:04:55 AM »

It's a great book, Jeff Lemire rarely disappoints (I don't like his GA run, but other than that...). It's very emotional and original, one of the best comics I've read this year (which technically doesn't say much, read a lot of average stuff this year).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: