Major Spoilers Forum
April 19, 2014, 05:13:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to MS and Critical Hit  (Read 769 times)
vandalous
V

Oontz

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2013, 10:49:56 AM »

Hi gang - I discovered the Critical Hit podcast while digging around searching for Warhammer 40K lore podcasts.  I LOVE CH!  I'm on episode 11 right now and am thoroughly enjoying the game and the different angles at play, from Stephen's WoW perspective to Matthew's "I'm-old-and-need-to-learn-this-newfangled-4E-stuff-where's-my-THAC0" adjustment.  I used to play in some hardcore campaigns (my favorite was our drow campaign, loosely based on the Menzoberranzan series) when I was in high school (back in early 90's) and used to be an AD&D 2E snob.  However, listening to your adventures and Rodrigo's fun GM'ing is causing me to re-examine my bias.  As such, I've been reading through the various 4E guides and am warming to the "new" way of D&D'ing.   Thanks so much for the excellent podcast.  I almost had to pull over my truck while I was driving when Stephen did the "pods that cast" bit for the Exilarchy of Cogs.  Too funny!

TL;DR - Noob loves Critical Hit and will be avidly listening and trying to catch up.  Only 160 episodes to go!  Wink
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 08:12:43 PM »

Awesome! Always a joy to meet a new fan of the show!

If you have time, check out the Play by Post forum! If you're feeling up to it, you can LFG for an AD&D game. Navarre's "Shadow War" game is an epic 3.5 campaign that just recently ended, and I am running a 4E game, "Age of the Guardians". Check 'em out for the amazing role-playing adventures and shenanigans!

Again, welcome to the forum! Hope to hear more from you!

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 08:51:10 PM »

CH is swell, and I too miss THAC0.  The episodes and story get better.
Just don't ask about the missing pictures, they get kind of touchy about that.
I think 4e is more accessible than 3 (Hated it).  I do miss some things from AD&D though.

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
vandalous
V

Oontz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 08:24:09 AM »

Thanks y'all!  I'll definitely check out the PbP forum.  I played a short-lived PbP Dark Heresy campaign before the GM lost interest and it was just enough to whet my whistle and get me back in the RPG mindset.  I was bummed that it so abruptly ended (my mechanicus adept had another critical miss in him, I'm sure) so maybe I'll be able to find a new game here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: