Major Spoilers Forum
September 02, 2014, 01:53:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: General Pokemon Topic (New Improved Magikarp Flavor!)  (Read 1315 times)
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2013, 01:14:11 PM »

Looks like they've already announced the next gen Pokemon games, Pokemon X/Y, which comes out worldwide in October. 

Not too thrilled that it is a 3DS title (since I can't justify buying one and they tend to give me headaches), but I'm not surprised by it at all.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 01:23:41 PM »

I actually have to play a lot of 3D titles with the 3D off my self because unless you are at the perfect distance and have the DS just right the graphics will hurt your brain.

I'm sad to see how often they're releasing new games though now. They use to take a few years or at least 2 years between game releases. You'd have the 2 games the 3rd game which had some cool bonus stuff and then a year or 2 after that the next gen would come out.

Black and white was released 2 years ago. Black and white 2 was just released last october. On year from BW2 they're going to have this one out. I'm excited to see how the game play is but I think they need to slow down and take more time to make better stories like they use to have.

It doesn't even feel like your "rival" is even a challenge anymore. He shows up a few times through out the game and you can always face roll him/her no problem.

Alternatively I would like to see a game where you have the option to play through the whole thing with a 2nd Player. Probably would have to be CPU but maybe they have an option to share info with another player so the computer could have a similar team to a friend of yours. It would play like pokemon for the game cube except you'd always have another trainer with you.

That's my little fantasy though I doubt they'll make a game like that since it's not there style.

Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 02:04:59 PM »

Black and white was released 2 years ago. Black and white 2 was just released last october. On year from BW2 they're going to have this one out. I'm excited to see how the game play is but I think they need to slow down and take more time to make better stories like they use to have.

I'm also a bit bothered by how soon this is coming out after a "new" game.  I hope that this wasn't rushed together and that there will be a decent story as well as new elements.

Alternatively I would like to see a game where you have the option to play through the whole thing with a 2nd Player. Probably would have to be CPU but maybe they have an option to share info with another player so the computer could have a similar team to a friend of yours. It would play like pokemon for the game cube except you'd always have another trainer with you.

I could see something like that happening using some feature similar to the Join Avenue of Black2/White2.

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »

Pokemon has become a little too mainstream for me.

The anime has lost most of the quality that I enjoyed in my youth, and the games have finally reached that level of redundancy that makes the whole concept unappealing, in my opinion.

I loved, loved, loved Pokemon Gold and Silver Version, and I believe Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were the pinnacle of Pokemon game quality. After that, I just felt disappointed.

I played Pokemon White, because I thought Zekrom looked utterly badass, but I was embarrassed by some of the pokemon I saw (Clink is a good example), and I was able to beat the Elite Four with just Zekrom; that was too easy, IMO.

The Pokemon franchise needs a serious reboot, not just a new edition. They had a good idea when they released FireRed and LeafGreen, and then continued that trend with HeartGold and SoulSilver, but it's still not enough to me. Especially the anime, where 10 seasons can go by, and not a single character ages a day.

If they can redo the anime with a more mature feel, like in the Pokemon manga, I think it would be a better overall series for the fans who grew up with Pokemon; emphasis on the "grew up".

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 02:45:25 PM »

I've never really been a fan of the anime myself.  I've enjoyed most of the movies, but I've only ever seen a handful of the actual episodes like when I woke up and didn't feel like changing the channel or when I'm babysitting one of the kids that like it.  I've got nothing against it, I just never really felt all that interested in it personally even though I really enjoy the main series of games (not a big fan of most of the side games, although there are a few exceptions like Pokemon Conquest).

GreyGoomba
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 07:46:53 PM »

Actually, I've found this latest season of the anime is a great improvement over the last few years.  Team Rocket has been redesigned to now be an actual threat, and a lot of the time the episode revolves around learning something new, rather than just a "feel kinda good" story. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: