Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 07:19:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Spoilers 2013 in Review  (Read 826 times)
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2013, 07:56:53 AM »

Looking back on 2013, I have to say I really enjoyed Oz: The Great and Powerful, while it was no summer blockbuster, it was better than your average beginning of the year movie.  James Franco who I have been really starting to respect as an actor.
The departure of Zach was disappointing, but his replacement was amazing.  I would like to take this time to wish Zach good luck in his endeavors as an adult boutique booth cleaner.  May his squeegee never streak.  The birth of Rodrigo's Triplet Daughters was also an unexpected pleasure.  Why he named them all Luornu Durgo Lopez, I do not know.
In comics, I must admit that DocSpidey has got me reading that title again.  I know that Peter will be back in May, but I am hoping that it is only as a cameo or a dream because Otto is making the title better as the lead than I have seen in years. 
Lastly Game of Thrones season 3 was #AWESOME!!!  I loved the series when I saw it in late 2012, but the books I received that Christmas gave me soooo much more enjoyment.  I only hope Season 4 keeps the trend going.

Those are some of my favorite events of 2013, what are some of yours?

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »

OZ? Really? Is it too much to get a new idea out of Hollywood? And here's another movie (The Hobbit being the first) that refused to use actual little people for the roles of little people. When will this racism stop!?!?!

GoT was brilliant! I was hoping for a bit more sex and murder, but there's always next season.

The Newsroom was awesome, but the season ending shocker that everyone was fired and will be starting a Yahoo! Blog next season was a bit odd.

The SAGA crossover with Wolverine and the X-Men was amazing!!

Shadow War 2 was my also really fun. Will Bedlor go through with the sex change operation? Only time will tell.

It was sad to see the passing of Joe Quesada but Marvel hiring that little girl pee-wee football player as Chief was a great move IMO.

DC going the music route was a surprise but I am really enjoying "Justice League: Gangsta Rappers" as well as "Batman: International DJ". Superman: Country Strong" felt a bit derived, but "Aquaman: Dubstep" left me only wanting more.

All in all, a pretty good year.

Extremes are always wrong.
Pearce
Rootwalla

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »

GoT was brilliant! I was hoping for a bit more sex and murder, but there's always next season.

You obviously didn't watch the same third season that I did. Episode 7 is burned into my mind. DAMN YOU GEORGE! WHY MUST YOU KILL THE ONES I LOVE!?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: