Major Spoilers Forum
July 28, 2014, 05:31:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just One Wish...  (Read 931 times)
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2013, 12:52:11 AM »

We all have it; that secret, impossible desire for something to happen or to have happened in the past that can never happen.

So, if you had just one wish, what would it be?

For me, if I had Just One Wish, it would be to go back to the start of my life and be born with a twin sister. Being an only child has been nothing but a depressing burden, an existence that has resulted in my extreme introversion and social awkwardness. Now, there is no guarantee that I wouldn't have turned out this way nonetheless, but at least I wouldn't be alone.

So folks, care to share?

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 01:22:17 AM »

also as an only child, I've thought that same thing many times, to the point where I've had a recurring dream that I've got one.

for me it'd be able to start my life all over again with the knowledge and experience I've got now. I wouldn't change much about how it ended up, I just wish I'd have spent a whole lot more time developing my drawing and developing relationships with folks in my teens. wouldn't hurt to have back then the confidence level and assertiveness I've got now.

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 02:38:12 AM »

well from a purely selfish point of view I would wish that my father had got to meet my children, he died 5 days before my eldest daughter was born and he would have been an awesome grandad.
Rob, no not that one.
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 09:44:16 AM »

I was asked this question at a job interview the other day went with superpowers/flying just because that would be awesome. And yes I got the job.

Okay, this looks bad.
Marvel2099
V

Spider-Man is still trying to headbutt Wolerine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 12:38:22 PM »

My wish would be to have my own working kidneys. My dad's kidney is working fine.

Either that or Wolverines healing factor and apparent super power to be everywhere at once.

If I had the powers of Multiple Man, I would send one of the dupes to work, one to revise, one to clean my room and one to walk the dog.  While I would stay at home reading comics.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 01:52:22 PM »

I assume you mean what I'd wish for aside from having the powers of a Super Sentai Ranger or Kamen Rider, a working Lantern ring and power battery, a pet sabertooth tiger, a dragon, a Digimon, a TARDIS or a "pet" catgirl?

I'd wish for a cure for cancer, an affordable permanent no side-effects cure for all types.  Not for myself, but because I've watched a lot of great people taken by one form of cancer or another and the devastation it causes their loved ones.  I've also seen (and experienced) how hard things can be after surviving some of the harsher treatments and side-effects as well. 

But if the wish needs to be more realistic, I wish I could write an official Star Wars story and leave my mark on one of my favorite franchises.  If it were a novel, I'd also try to get something worked out where a good portion of the sales funds get donated to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (where I went for treatments and they don't turn a kid away just because the family doesn't have insurance or can't afford to pay).

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Pearce
Rootwalla

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 03:48:53 PM »

Right now my one wish is that my wife gives birth to a healthy baby. She's four months pregnant right now with our first child, so I can't think about much else in the world that I would want. Well, besides maybe besides selfishly wishing we had more money so we could raise it more comfortably... But we are solidly in the middle class up here in Canada so we are comfortable enough.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: