Major Spoilers Forum
August 22, 2014, 10:35:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Guardians-Prologue: "The Gathering Heroes"  (Read 33773 times)
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1671


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 31, 2013, 11:03:21 PM »

"The things that could lay eggs in your ears we kept at pets. Some were even big enough to be ridden." I try to stiffle a sniffle and whipe a tear from my eyes with all this talk of home. "I sure do miss all the luxarys back home."
Logged

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: February 01, 2013, 12:06:22 AM »

{an emotional moment for the party, Vold misses his uncle, Wing misses his homeland, who's gonna start crying next? lol}

As I look at Wing I feel that lonesome twinge in my heartstring again as i surpress a sniffle and think of my belovd father's brother who the entire village devoured,

as well as the entire slaughtered tribe I suppose.

"I wish Petra were here, I could use a hug"
Logged

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 01, 2013, 12:23:36 AM »

Brin looks at the other with a cocked eyebrow.  Shakes his head and mumbles to himself, "Foreigners"
Logged

Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 01, 2013, 08:15:19 PM »

From above the group a mechanical appendage drops down, it's end a funnel-like; a slightly shaky, male voice sounds from the contraption,

"Yes! Um, please come in, we're close to the, uh, deadline, so it'd be great if you could hurry, please...maybe..."

The speaker retreats back into the ceiling, where it's opening blended seamlessly with the dark surface. The wall rotated once more, returning the receptionist to her desk. She smiles softly before taking her project back, "Thank you, Ser. Please watch your step."

...at which point the floor beneath all your feet gives away and you tumble down a slide into the Guild...


{No one rolled a Perception check. *evil DM cackle* Evil}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 712



View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 02, 2013, 01:08:20 AM »

"Of coooourssse!, staaairsss would be faaar tooooooo  boooorriiiing!"
Logged
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 02, 2013, 04:16:08 AM »

Holding tightly to his hat Brin starts giggling almost childishly.
Logged

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: February 02, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »

My eyes bulge grotesquely as the floor vanishes, and I grab the closest thing I can see, Wingtip, who was fluttering safely above the absent floor. As we dissapear down the slide, wing and I scream in each others faces, much like Bill and Ted in "bogus journey"
Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1671


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 02, 2013, 12:51:47 PM »

"Weeeeee Weeeeeee Weeeeeeeee" Slightly uncomfortable being grappled by vold and having him scream in my face I enjoy the slide as much as one could in my current situation.
Logged

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors
***
Posts: 398


View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 02, 2013, 08:13:17 PM »

Ultime tumbles down the slide alongside the others. As he rather ungracefully rolls, he calls out, "Is... this...normal?"
Logged
sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 712



View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 03, 2013, 03:41:37 AM »

"Given the... way ..this morning is ... going, I would ..say entirely ...so!"
Logged
DigiSam
Sleestak
**
Posts: 195


View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 03, 2013, 04:25:26 AM »

Landing as gracefully as a falling dwarf can, Rune brushes himself off and looks around to his companions before muttering "I always forget these places have weird guest entrances. I was hoping we would not have to see this one."
Logged
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 03, 2013, 10:15:48 AM »

The party falls down the slide, in various states of disbelief or excitement and lands on a surprisingly soft mound of a gelatinous substance that wobbles with their impact. Fixing themselves, the Heroes take sight of the inner Artificer's Guild, which is surprisingly larger inside than the exterior would have one believe.

The entire Guild is filled with clock-work mechanics and pipes; cranes and winches whirl as materials are transported from one section to the other; metallic birds and inspects flit about from Artificer to Artificer; an armillary of the cosmos spins at the top of the Guild, covered by a glass dome and surrounded by catwalks; in the most open space, a massive object sits with a white cloak covering it, thick wire cables and construction braces sticking out from it.

As the group steps away from their landing cushion, a shape begins to form in front of them. It shimmers a moment, before a Human male appears; he's shorter than a average human, with unkempt dark hair and a five-o-clock shadow; his clothing is a leather workman's gear , along with a smith's coat, covered in metallic widgets and gauges; his right arm is an unwieldy-looking, robotic prosthesis, with several dials and slots dotting the wrist; he lifts up the goggles on his soot-covered face, revealing curious eyes; a small creature, a robotic crab-spider, jumps onto his shoulder and chirps once as it waves it's little claws.

"Hey guys, um...I'm the Guildmaster."   


{Cameo~ Cheesy

Rune and Ultime, you can roll me an Arcana check to get a feel for the magicks}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: February 03, 2013, 11:49:27 AM »

I crash in an awkward gangly fashion that is truly awe inspiring, and attempt to get my bearings. All the bizzare macinations are too much for my limited experiences to cope with. I grasp Dacien's shoulder tightly and close my eyes even tighter. When I hear the guild master speak, I peek a bit and eye his arm curiously

Still maintaining my death grip on Dacien I recall a family story about a third cousin relating a story About fighting an Orc and a man with a metal arm in the astral sea shortly before a lengthly prison sentence.

I wait for Rune to finish his business, by its clear that I'm antsy. Mostly becouse of the machinery, but also becouse I want to ask the guildmaster something.

To Dacien I whisper

"when can I ask him about Nero?"
Logged

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors
***
Posts: 398


View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 03, 2013, 01:27:05 PM »

Quote from: Ultime Arcana Guild: rolled 1d20+11: 22
Reference: Ultime Arcana Guild
You rolled 1d20+11: 22 | [ 11 ] 11+11

{Cameos are fun.}
Logged
sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 712



View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 03, 2013, 01:42:35 PM »

Dacian awkwardly stumbles to his feet and turns to scan the room as Volds hand grasps his shoulder.
Wincing in pain as he feels his collar bone being ground to dust in the vice like grip he barely hears Volds question or anything else above the rush of blood in his ears.

"Maybe it would, eeeep, be more prudeeennnnt, gnnnn, to wait for a leeeetle why-y-ay-yle?"

Dacian slowly sinks to his knees under the weight of the big Minotaur hold, a high pitch squeak slipping form his lips as numbness spreads down his arm;

"loosen... the... grasp.. please!"
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!