Major Spoilers Forum
July 26, 2014, 12:05:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Guardians-Prologue: "The Gathering Heroes"  (Read 32193 times)
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: January 24, 2013, 10:08:01 AM »

I feel my wounds heal and see the feymist arrow disperse from Wing's back. I start to slap him on the back in congratulation, then think better of it, considering his size, so I just stomp the floor near him very hard.

"fine job friend! you has that wispy wretch on his last legs!

I lean in ominously and try to be quiet enough for Brin not to hear

"but our Thief did kill him, so lets keep me hair the way it is, sabee?"

straightening up, I look to the Priestess of the shrine

"I suppose if more churches were like this, the services would be less dull, when i was a calf, we had missionaries of Melora come by, and they didn't start ANY fights. all they did was sit around and talk, then they left one night"

I rub my head and look down, muttering to myself

"i think my uncle Graar ate a couple of them, come to think of it"

i turn again to Wing

"So, does your new getup do anything? it does look quite elegant"

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 24, 2013, 01:57:49 PM »

"This? I don't know if it 'does' anything but it is a symbol that I am a gladiator of Corellon and I must fight with anyone one else who wears a similar cloak. It's part of a custom we share to see who will be allowed to utilize the Temples of Seraphim. Currently they are draped in Bahamut's colors, no one has been able to best Xander yet. I have hopes to change that."

Feeling reinvigorated after receiving fathers blessing. I rise and turn to young master Rune. "I believe you have an artifice guild to be off to. Shall we get going?"

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: January 24, 2013, 02:17:03 PM »

"Ah, so its similar to painting for a clan fued, not bad, I like your religion more and more,"

I turn to Runeblade

"Yes, off to your gill'd, maybe they've got information I can use, point me toward someone.."

I look down at my hooves, which are starting to chip at the edges from all my charging

"or tell me where I can find a blacksmith, these stone streets are rough on me hooves, I need to get some iron nailed onto them"

DigiSam
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 24, 2013, 02:31:09 PM »

"Aye, let us head there. I have a delivery to make and we can inquire about the things you need my Bull-headed friend. Let me just check I have still have it and it is not misplaced" Runeblade answers as he gets up, patting at his jacket.

After a few second he reaches in and begins to empty a pocket. Out onto the floor drops various machine parts, gears and wires before finding two objects, the first a seemingly impossibly large letter for the size of the dwarf's pockets and the other a small flask which he takes a swig from immediately before re-pocketing it and collecting the fallen junk.

"Ah, here is the letter. Shall we go?"
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 25, 2013, 12:39:02 AM »

Taking a deep breathe, Ultime lets out a rumbling belly laugh.

"This, gentlemen, has been a most invigorating temple visit. Never have my temple trips been so... eventful in the past."

Ultime smiles at Rune's mechanical toys and gadgets.

"So, off to the guild then. I wonder what interesting events shall unfold there."
sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 25, 2013, 01:01:18 AM »

Dacian gathers up his belongings and walks to the altar, leaving a handful of coins (1gp) on its top as a tithe, bowing his head slightly as he does so

"My thanks for a most entertaining morning Lord Correllon, I know not why you have called us to Wingtip, but it seems it shall not be dull."

Returning to the party he hefts his backpack over his shoulder

"Lets be going then. I'm eager to see how things further progress with this motley crew"
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 25, 2013, 05:58:51 AM »

Brin makes a quick sign, anyone who sees would recognise it as a common superstitious ward not anything religious.

He quickly moves to leave the temple and says this way gents, this way

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: January 27, 2013, 11:42:36 AM »

I follow in step and gape at all the buildings, and feel a little overwhelmed. I move nearer to Runeblade and admire his axe

"So where did you get your axe? Did you make it or win it in battle? Clearly such a fine tool wasn't gained from some common trader."

DigiSam
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 27, 2013, 03:36:28 PM »

"Ah, this beauty here is my Artificers ticket. You see when an apprentice comes of age, they are sent into the mines of Cygnus in search of long forgotten treasures. Most normally just come back with a few rusty plates or some sort of weird crab robot. Not me though, this was my find." Runeblade says removing his axe from his back and giving it a few swings before proffering it to Vold to have a look over.

"I dunno what came over me that day, but I knew I was not leaving those mines without her"
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: January 27, 2013, 05:02:17 PM »

I take the axe and admire the balance and design before handing it back

"Sounds like you lucked out, I started out with just these before I got me maul,"

I indicate to the pair of worn, ancient hand axes on my belt

"My pa gave them to me, and he got them from his pa, back on quite a few generations. Pa said they got them from some tribe of bearded folk that lived beneath mountains. They never failed me yet, but I am partial to Tuskhorn here"

I pat my maul affectionately, and it hisses at me hungrily

"especially since its gotten a bit more character"

"I can't wait to see you in action with that thing some more though, nothing so lovely as seeing a head split by a fine axe"

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 29, 2013, 01:34:11 AM »

Brin stops a few blocks and smokes later, turns and addresses the group, he keeps walking backwards as he talks "Look I get it that everyone has their own talents and what not, but I don't consider what just happened as normal right.  In fact I don't think it's right natural.  I'm not saying I'm scared or nuffin but if we could avoid things like that, ya know stuff that has to do with the....'so called gods' that'd be preferable like."

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #491 on: January 29, 2013, 02:05:57 AM »

I lower my voice to an ominous tone, and twiddle my fingers in the air in an attempt to be spooky

"Be careful when talking about the gods, you might just strike their intrest"

in a more serious tone i add

"flying ships and tiny flying warriors aren't normal to my eyes either, you'll just have to learn to adapt to the unexpected O' city dweller, and keep that stick handy"

and to myself,

"...and keep throwing those shruken like the last time, gad, what a throw!"

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 29, 2013, 02:14:47 AM »

I watch the exchange between vold and rune. "It's nice to see what dwarven craftsmanship can do."

I scoff at Brin "Just because you don't understand doesn't mean it isn't normal. Next time I visit my father's temple you may wait out side if you wish."

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 29, 2013, 02:25:35 AM »

"The way this day is turning out I'm looking forward to the demons that are undoubtedly guarding master Runes guild"
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #494 on: January 29, 2013, 02:27:17 AM »

"hopefully next time we visit what we kill will be more substantial, I'm hungry again and those panthers looked nice and plump"

as if reminded by the last word in my statement i add wistfully,

"Didnt get a chance to say goodbye to Petra,"

"what a pity."

I let out a dissapointed sigh

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: