Major Spoilers Forum
July 28, 2014, 07:22:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Guardians-Prologue: "The Gathering Heroes"  (Read 32320 times)
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 05, 2013, 09:34:50 PM »

Looking around excitedly, Vold passes through section of the marketplace where vendors toss foods and place them at their stands; quite coincidentally, a ripe cantaloupe gets caught by Vold's good horn, speared like a kabob, to the mixed horror and humor of the perpetraitors, a pair of young Humans, who apologize profusely.

Wingtip, looking forlornly at his tiny coins, hears a delicate call, "Hello? Master Pixie?" from nearby; a female, darkly tanned Gnome , wearing gold and green merchant's clothes, standing besides a pale-skinned male Elf, dressed in similar garb, waves at him, smiling brightly.

{Brin, you successfully haggle a discount of 60 gp.
You recognize the substance as Stormclaw Scorpion Venom, Level 5 (single use)
The venom can be applied to a weapon with a Standard Action, and lasts until the weapon hits or after 5 minutes; it is a secondary attack, +5 vs. Fortitude, and the effect is ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends).}

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 05, 2013, 09:47:55 PM »

I look up from my coins and see most of my new friends have already walked off and are looking at the various shops.

"Uh er hello. My name is Wingtip. It's been a while since I've seen someone who can speak my fathers language without a funny accent."

Thinking back I can't even remember which shop was ok and which one I should avoid. Hopefully these are nice people.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: January 05, 2013, 09:52:18 PM »

Vold yanks the cantaloupe off his horn, and takes a large bite out of it, rind and all, and after a few chews, nods his approval, and tosses a rabbit hide to one of the boys, walking onward to the gnome's stand

The exchange rate of furs isn't discussed much, as the young men are relieved they didn't start an incident, and escaped with their lives,

Vold bends down to look at the gnomish wares along with Wing, and nudges him with what's left of the cantaloupe,

"Hungry? I like a bit of vegetation with my meat, makes those who sit downwind a bit happier, if you catch my drift"

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 05, 2013, 10:14:00 PM »

I draw my sword and slice of a fist size chunk and look over the gnomish and elven wears. They're very different from the things I've seen back home.

"Thanks for the melon. I've not seen things such as these before what do you sell. This looks very different from what the I've seen back at home. Probably best you do not desecrate my fathers shrine with a strong smell my friend."

I flip back and forth between talking with the merchant and Vold so as not to offend either.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 05, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »

The Gnome-woman smiles at Wingtip, her iridescent black eyes gleaming. The Elf-man nods at the Pixie, "You honor us with your presence. We have weapons suited for hands your size, crafted by Elven means to deal blows as strong as larger beings; would you care to look?"

{Wingtip, you may find any mundane item in the Player's Handbook. You may treat them as Tiny, but there damage is equal to medium (i.e. a tiny handaxe would  deal 1d6 instead of 1d4. These weapons add 50 gp to their cost.
You may wish to express your monetary concerns to your allies Sad }

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: January 05, 2013, 10:18:38 PM »

"I'll be on my best behavior,

Haha! Those knives are astounding! They're like tiny thorns! And look at those wee little arrows, what intricate craftsmanship."

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 05, 2013, 10:24:50 PM »

{Tondi-, that venom actually reads as ongoing 5 poison & immobilized (save ends both); Aftereffect: target is immobilized (save ends) DMG p. 51
Normal price is 250 gp, but I would instead treat that as a jar with 5 uses; a single use vial is 1/5 the listed price}

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2013, 10:39:37 PM »

"They're elven craftsmanship of gnomish engineers. They would cause a wound just as painful as a regular sized dagger. They're not cheep though and I wasn't sent here with much money. Sadly I cannot afford these weapons. There is something that would be nice though if only they have it . . ."

I trail off while I start concentration on a section of jars with names on the labels. "Oh you have it what luck it's about time for a change. Hair of Fairy Hues I've not seen this in ages."

I pick up the small vial and show it to Vold. "It's a bit of a vanity item back home but it's rare in other parts. I can change my hair color with this and it stays that way until it grows out. It would be pretty neat to try this out on you just to see how it would react to a more coarse hair and full bodied at that."

I reach into my satchel and pull out 5 little golden coins. "Is this enough?"

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 05, 2013, 11:00:50 PM »

The Elf-merchant seems shocked while the Gnome-lady shakes her head, "Sir Pixie, we only charge fifteen silver pieces for the Fairy Hues; who would demand you pay so much for such a cosmetic?"

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: January 05, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »

Vold nervously looks at his russet arms and white flanks and legs, then again at Wings Blue hair.

"Im not gonna look stupid am I?"

He rubs part of the hair on his arm between his fingers and looks a little dissapointed

"coarse? I always thought my hair was rather nice"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:12:50 PM by Cowboy Centaur » Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 05, 2013, 11:25:13 PM »

I become flushed after hearing the gnomes words.

"I guess I'm just use to how things are back home. There is a bigger market for it there I guess." I sift through my satchel until I find 15 silver. "Are you here daily? If I happen across more money on my journey I would like to pick up some of these items."

"It's not for you it's for me. Back home when we want to we dye our hair magically. It's silly I know but I miss home."

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 05, 2013, 11:38:31 PM »

The woman smiles as her partner hands Wingtip the dye in exchange for the silver, The Avandra Marketplace rotates daily, but our store is located just down that way, a block Northward towards the city gates. My brother, Nier, is the storekeeper of our shop, "Feymark's"; my name is Maja, and my partner here is Keiren. I'll gladly have a fresh stock of Fairy Hues for you as long as you visit!"

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 05, 2013, 11:47:34 PM »

"Excellent! My friend knows this place pretty well I'm sure he's seen your shop around. If I have trouble finding it he'll show me the way."

Excited to see what the new color is I open the Vial and apply it to my hair. Turning to Vold looking at him excitedly. "What color is it? I can't see with out something shiny to see my reflection."

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: January 05, 2013, 11:54:39 PM »

Vold regards the Pixar's hair with intensity for a long while, then his eyes meet those of his friend as he raises an eyebrow.

"You do realize that like our dumb brethren, Minotaurs are mostly colorblind, don't you?"

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2013, 12:24:40 AM »

{Lol, roll a d6 Wingtip.
1=red
2=green
3=orange
4=purple
5=teal
6=gray