Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 08:34:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Guardians-Prologue: "The Gathering Heroes"  (Read 32105 times)
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 04, 2013, 04:48:24 PM »

oh well, better keep the back door locked mate, Pierce can be a nasty piece of work....and some of these guys seem to have some ideas about your girl

Brin grins and shakes his hand in farewell and heads back into the main room to lean in the door frame of the establishment.

when your finished gents, the wonders of the turtles she'll awaits you

Brin pulls out a small rolled up leaf and puts it to his lips. Pats his pockets, obviously not finding what he's looking for.  Finds his new shuriken, shugs and puts one of the blades to the joint and smiles at the end sizzles and starts smoking.

Logged

DigiSam
Sleestak
**
Posts: 195


View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 04, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »

"That is Artificer my blood-soaked friend. I specialize in the use of magic and metal combined in battle. Take this for example" Runeblade reaches into a pocket and pulls out what appears to be a small can. "This device here can release a soothing mist that has been found to allow people to continue fighting even after the gravest of injuries. Only problem is it is a volatile little bugger and seems to suck out people's stamina to recharge. I found them on an excavation I led on Cygnus. Now let me get back to my breakfast, you little friend there seems to getting impatient waiting.

With that Runeblade seems to unhinge his jaw and shove the rest of his food in.
Logged
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 04, 2013, 07:20:30 PM »

Raven laughs demurely as Hawke joins her side, cleaning his hands with a cloth. She nods at Lune, "Quite a nostalgic morning; just like when the six of us would fight for our peaceful meals. It's been an interesting reunion today!"

The Genasi woman nods at her Tiefling friend, "Aye, those wer' the days...


{That was deliberate, what Raven said Wink}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: January 04, 2013, 08:12:28 PM »

Vold looks at the small canister with amazement, and his eyes dart around all the devices and tools Runeblade is carrying

"those are some fascinating tools and wonders, I hope to one day see the like of them used in battle!

When the dwarf finishes his meal, Vold raises his head in approval regarding his teqnique
Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1666


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2013, 02:26:32 AM »

Runeblade attacks his food and suddenly another panic of guilt run through me.

"Please take your time. It's my father you see he's well lets just say he has an odd sense of humor. He likes to test me in ways that I do not quite understand."

I let out a soft sigh and look to vold.

"Must be easier paying homage or your respects rather to the lady of death her self. I bet she's not as quirky as Corellon is. Some times I wonder why he chose me."

As it seems everyone else is now gathered in the room.

"I'm ready to leave as soon as everyone else is."
Logged

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors
***
Posts: 398


View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2013, 12:32:25 PM »

Ultime continues writing in his small leather bound book as everyone else talks. Anyone looking over his shoulder can clearly see the page, although it appears as a jumble of symbols, equations, drawings of astrological signs, and various other arcane ramblings. As the others eat and discuss things, Ultime continues writing, and only when stretching his hand, does he seem to remember the plate before him and eat a bite before diving back into his writing.

As the young dwarf enters the establishment, Ultime's crimson eyes focus on him, and linger for a few long moments, obviously taking in the rune carved battleaxe and various arcane implements visible. A corner of his mouth then curves up, and he begins making more notes in his book again.

Jumping up from his seat, he throws a hand to his forehead and exclaims, "Eureka! Yes! It all fits!"

Realizing what he's doing, he takes a deep breath and looks to the others.

"Sorry. I get carried away when I'm doing arcane research. Dacian, remember what I said on the docks about how interesting it was that the four of us all arrived at the same time? That all we needed was a citizen of the Republic and a Valestian? Well now both are here," he says as he lays his book down on the table open to one of the pages he just completed. "And it all makes sense, if you take into account the movements and speed of each Eidolon, the positioning of their corresponding constellations, and adjust for the fact that Vold, Dacian, Wingtip, and I were actually meeting Brin, and thus Brin was the first to arrive. I don't believe in coincidence. All of my research and divinations point to something monumental happening soon and being centered here at the meeting of the Guardians. We are each from a different nation, we arrived in the correct order and time, it all points to us being involved somehow."

Ultime looks to each individual. "Vold, the one individual you seek is coming to this place and drew you here. Wingtip, you were drawn to Vold as Lune confronted him on the docks. Dacian, you offered to be responsible for him despite knowing nothing of him. Brin, you brought us here, which led to us helping your friends. Gentlemen, I believe we should stick together for the time being. Runeblade, I know you have have just met us, but being a student of the arcane, surely you can see that such a confluence of events has some significance and meaning behind it."

Gently closing his book and replacing it in his pocket, he takes his seat again and looks at Wingtip.

"When everyone is ready, lead the way. I'd love to see the house of Corellon in this city."
Logged
sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 711



View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2013, 01:06:20 PM »

"This day can't get any more weird"
Logged
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1666


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2013, 01:46:12 PM »

"I know the way by air not by land. Brin will have to be our guide once again. Also in case there are anymore guards he would know which alleys to duck into. I'm not sure I could convince another group to leave us alone as well as I was able to with the last one."

I rise from the table and make my way towards the door.

"I'm eager for you all to meet my father."
Logged

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2013, 02:42:29 PM »

Vold listens to Ultime, and nods as he hears his account

"The queen of winter doesn't deal in chance, that's what the elves taught me,

we're all on a path that leads downward to death, and we have tasks to perform before we reach our destination. It would seem our paths have merged.

Regardless of what fate we face we have all we need,

We have our wise man, and manifestor of magics,

A holy man, skilled with a blade,

A Scoundrel and rogue, wise to the cities,

A Crafter of items, and cleaver of foes,

Basher and crusher, and guide to the wilds,

And our war chief, skilled in tactics.

Regardless of what quest is lain before us, I'm sure we six have ample skill to vanquish it.

 


Not used to such word smithery Vold looks down at his hands

"hey look! Six fingers! That's funny,

He extends a middle one toward Brin

"this one can be yours"

He turns to stand near Brin and the door, and (lightly?) punches him on the shoulder to show he's kidding (?)

"lets head to Wing's father's camp then see where destiny takes us!

His rousing speech loses some of its effect when he gets to the point

"since there is no pressing quest other than that, may I suggest one? Vengeance on a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of an innocent tribe?"

Logged

Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 05, 2013, 06:28:46 PM »

...and so the heroes set forth, bonded by new-found friendships, responsibilities, respect, and an undeniable destiny.

The Six Gathered...

A vengeful tribal...

An honest crusader...

A dedicated soldier...

An insightful scholar...

A wily scoundrel...

An eager crafter...

Whatever may come, they intend to stand strong in the face of corruption, malevolence, and chaos.

Even as the stars above align towards the coming darkness...


Quote
Mid-Chapter Update
Prologue: The Gathering Heroes
Current XP:              Windy Morrow Inn Encounter-Victory!  600 xp
                              Minor Quest: Defend the Windy Morrow Inn-Complete!  100 xp
                              Role Playing Bonus   200 xp
                              Total: 900 xp/6 pcs = 150 xp/pc

Current Party Status:
Vold Crookednose (Minotaur Barbarian)- 31/31 HP {9 healing surges remaining, 0 Action Points, Daily Power spent}

Wingtip (Pixie Paladin)- 29/29 HP {12 healing surges remaining, 0 Action Points}

Dacian Tidebreaker (Watersoul Genasi Warlord)- 24/24 HP {5 healing surges remaining, 1 Action Point}

Ultime Fascient (Tiefling Wizard)- 24/24 HP {7 healing surges remaining, 1 Action Point}

Brin (Human Rogue)- 23/23 HP {3 healing surges remaining, 0 Action Points, Daily Power spent}

Rellortnoc "Runeblade" Greyfist (Dwarf Artificer)- 28/28 HP {9 healing surges remaining, 1 Action Point}


It is mid-morning in the Daro Republic, the democratic civilization of Adamant the Tortoise. Exiting the Windy Morrow Inn, the party sets off North towards the artistic Euryale Ward, where the grungy, tightly-packed buildings make way for more ornate, flowing architecture. The streets are lined with carts and open stalls, vendors crying loudly their wares and services; fresh produce, exotic jewelry, flowers, palm-readers, barbers, tailors. The marble and graystone buildings cast a bright shine to the red cobblestone paths, and the Daroans greet the party merrily as they walk by, with the occasional odd glance to the Minotaur and Pixie.

Sergeant Lune, realizing how late it is, apologizes before pointing in the general direction of the Temple of Avandra; she then bows curtly and wishes you well, leaving in the direction of Loreh Ward. The Temple is a massive structure with wavy, circular pillars supporting the roof, a rectangular entrance leading to a rotunda. Emerald green flags bearing a trio of black waves hang listlessly in the gentle morning breeze; there is commerce in the square in front of the temple, a veritable marketplace dedicated to the principle practice of trade, one of Avandra's testaments.


{Here we go fellas, part 2 of the prologue!}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2013, 08:39:32 PM »

Brin points out a few items of interest on the way,

Don't buy from him

Try those fruit, they're a local delicacy

You can find cheaper wares around that corner



At the temple market Brin looks around for something

its tradition to buy something in the square before entering the temple, I'll meet you at the door, just need to find something

Brin wanders over to a shady looking merchant and buys some thieves tools.

{guess what I forgot to buy at character gen}
Logged

Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 05, 2013, 08:49:52 PM »

{Remember to roll a d10 and multiply it by 10; you can reduce the amount you have to pay by that much (Native of Adamant bonus)}

The shady businessman, a rather grungy Hafling offers Brin a hollow smile before showing him a rather small vial, filled with a thick, bluish substance, "Care to purchase a contingency, friend? On special today, only fifty gold pieces."

{The vial is a poison. You can roll a Perception check to determine its properties.
This only applies to Brin}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: January 05, 2013, 08:54:26 PM »

Vold wanders around and looks for a large and tasty fruit of some kind, like a watermelon, of which he'll offer some to Wing
Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1666


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 05, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »

"It's a wonder you don't get lost Brin. All the buildings look the same from down here."

My eyes feel like they're spinning in circles as I watch brick by brick go by. As we're lead into the temple market.

"Oh uh do we all have to buy something. Well I could use another weapon I suppose do they sell weapons at the market?"

Digging through my armor I find a tiny satchel that jingles as untie it from my waist.

"Do they even make weapons for my kind here?"

I continue to dig at my through my satchel until I find some gold coins. Completely unaware that Brin has already walked off to go do his own dealings.
Logged

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2013, 09:19:05 PM »

Quote from: Discount: rolled 1d10: 6
Reference: Discount
You rolled 1d10: 6 | [ 6 ] 6

Quote from: Id poison: rolled 1d20+5: 18
Reference: Id poison
You rolled 1d20+5: 18 | [ 13 ] 13+5

Sure, never know who's drink you'll be holding

Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!