Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 05:40:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Guardians-Prologue: "The Gathering Heroes"  (Read 32034 times)
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2013, 01:50:43 AM »

"Hah! anyone can see this little fellow has no beard!"

Vold tickles Runeblade's hairless chin

"no you don't, no you don't"

{Surveying the line emerging from the west, the young dwarf flattens his unkempt black hair before stroking his hairless chin.

I say HAH to you and your logic sir!
}

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2013, 02:01:12 AM »

I take a second look at the new guest.

Quote from: Wingtip's Insight Check: rolled 1d20-3: 3
Reference: Wingtip's Insight Check
You rolled 1d20-3: 3 | [ 6 ] 6-3

"Hmm perhaps you are right again. You are as wise as ever Vold."

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2013, 02:02:12 AM »

Brin looks to Fran, would you like to wager on my life expectancy while with this crew?  I guarantee good odds....in your favour

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 04, 2013, 02:16:24 AM »

"I'm not one to gamble Brin but you can rest assured that as long as you're with me my father with watch over you."

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2013, 02:58:29 AM »

"Vold, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, please stop trying to form a totem pole with every small fellow that you meet, its is either going to lead to trouble or to a sore back, neither of which is very desireable. I shudder to think of the consequences if your aim is slightly off, your other horn is, um, still quite sharp" Dacian winces as the mental image he has just conjured takes up permanent residence in his mind, the ince turns to a shudder and he shakes his head trying to get rid of the picture.

"Anyway, welcome sir Dwarf, the food here is exceptional and the service exemplary, when you have a chance to put your feet back on firmer ground be sure to pull up a chair and sample the Inn's wares."
DigiSam
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 04, 2013, 03:40:50 AM »

"Hahaha, while I appreciate the sentiment Minotaur, as your comrade pointed out I am not a child. So if you would please to put me now, I would be very happy." Turning to the ebony hair maiden Runeblade queries "My fair maiden, may I partake upon your veritable feast for it looks exquisite?"

Getting down from Vold's knee and moving towards an empty chair at the table Runeblade asks the group "So what brings such a rag tag group to this fine city. The name is Runeblade, on account of the axe. I here serving as the Artificers of Cygnus' envoy to both Aeronaut Industries and Mithril Wings Inc to deliver these plans for new engines for the eidolon meeting. What about yourselves?"
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: January 04, 2013, 03:53:54 AM »

Vold's face flushes and he rubs his head emberassedly,

"Oh! i ask your pardon, Dwarf is it?(the word sounds strange to him, but he can prounounce it better than Wing's species) "All'a you less hairy kind all kind of look the same to my kind, pleased to meet you Runeblade,

As for me, I'm Vold Crookednose of the cowardly slaughtered Sandwalker Mastadon Tribe, and I'm here in town to brutal-

he stops himself, and looks at Dacien, Brin and Wing somewhat annoyedly, and folds his arms

"I'm looking for a human fellow whom I have business with"

to himself he mutters

"stupid damned spineless pussyfooting around, what is it with these people and skirting the issue?"

thinking a moment he adds
"thats Cowardly slaughtered as in the manner inhow they met their end, they all died quite bravely, screaming Death upon their enemy as the last calf fell clutching his knife
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:57:47 AM by Cowboy Centaur » Logged

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 04, 2013, 09:16:44 AM »

im Brin, a guide of sorts, if I can be of service please let me know

Brin heads into the kitchen as the introductions continue and finds Hawke.

ya wouldn't have any blue potions I could borrow from your younger days mate?

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 04, 2013, 09:37:03 AM »

"The name is Wing and it seems as though we're all hear for our own reasons but we fight well together."

Rather displeased that another person has come to the Inn. I try my best to be patient.

"Most of us are here to take part in the meeting between civilazations. Others such as Vold have a personal matter to attend to. Brin it seems is just killing time and figures he can hide with us. So far all we've managed to do is stick out like a sore thumb. We were actually just about to leave and take a trip to my fathers temple. You're welcome to join if you'd like."

There's a sound of annoyance in my tone but not wanting to displease father again I wait.

Much to volds confusion {I assume} I stare up at the ceiling.

"It takes them forever to leave a place and you really wish that I stay with them. This is another one of your tests isn't it father?"

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 04, 2013, 09:56:36 AM »

{Wingtip, you can see, by his clothes and accessories, that he is a skilled Artificer from Valestia, which differs from the Artificers of Nyroth, who are much more ornate}

Raven smiles and turns back to the kitchen to get the young Dwarf a plate of breakfast. Fran gently pats Brin's arm and gives him a consoling smile, before she looks at Bharnash expectantly. The Dragonborn nods before standing, "Sorry to eat and run, but Fran and I need to check our contacts; we may need to disappear a few days. Raven, Hawke, always a pleasure. Great to see you again, Lune."

The Halfling and Dragonborn wave farewell and leave the Windy Morrow Inn, as Raven brings Runeblade his plate, stacked with eggs and bacon.

Hawke, in the kitchen turns to Brin with an amused smile, "Sorry mate, just got the one left, and that's Raven's and my retirement plan; you know as well as I do that those mana potions are worth a dreadnought's weight in platinum."

{There is no response to your statement Wingtip, but you're pretty sure you know the answer Wink}

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
DigiSam
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 04, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »

"I will take you up on that offer Wing, I have always wonder about the other gods temples interior. I have only ever been to a shine to Moradin and even that is open air. But first let me eat this wondrous breakfast brought to me by an even more beautiful lady. Runeblade says winking toward Raven then tucking in to the food.
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: January 04, 2013, 01:28:29 PM »

As wingtip stares at the ceiling, Vold leans too close and follows his gaze.

After a long moment, wing notices him and how uncomfortably close he his and is startled

Vold moves closer, looking him eye to eye and grinning softly

He gently whispers to the pixie

"it is a splendid ceiling, isn't it? Have you ever seen such rafters?"

Streightening up and still grinning he addresses the group

"seriously though, my friend, quit daydreaming, your pa's expecting you! You really should stop dawdling and get a move on"

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 04, 2013, 01:51:46 PM »

{Vold is indeed my comedic delight}

I sit there waiting for a reply that I know will not come. Father is much to busy to answer me every time I speak. A warm sensation starts to wash over me almost as if I were washing in a warm spring.

Vold speaks and I jump the sensation was not comfort it was he's breath as his snout rests near the base of my head.

"I really wish you wouldn't do that. Now I smell like wet fur. Do you have any idea how long it takes to clean this armor?" I take a deep breath and try to relax. "My father wouldn't wish for me to leave with out the rest of you. I fear if we do not travel there together then he will seal his doors once again."

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 04, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »

{Hungry Dwarf + food, mmm, I reckon we'll be out of here in 2 hours or so...}

Dacian leans back in his chair and rests his foot on the edge of the table;
Master Dwarf, I am Corbaci Tidebreaker of the Fyral'ean Armada, although these here know me by my given name of Dacian, temporary supervisor of this hairy lummox" Gesturing towards Vold, " and thoroughly out of my depth in this place.
I am glad to make your acquaintance, may your time here be trouble free and profitable"
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: January 04, 2013, 03:08:05 PM »

After hearing Wing's explanation, Vold looks toward Runeblade and patiendly waits for what seems like an eternity

Precisely two and one eighth of a second later, Vold begins tapping his hoof in the floor. He leans over the dward to see his progress, but due to his height somehow manages to stay out of his personal space. He begins trying to whistle non-chalantly, but not having much in the way of lips it's pretty much a failure

"Y'know, if you quit using those little knives and spears you'd get the food in your mouth a lot faster, just some friendly advice,

What did you say your title was again? An artiwhatsis?"

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: