Major Spoilers Forum
April 17, 2014, 04:39:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Have a question for Matthew, Stephen and Rodrigo? Send it to podcast@majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Guardians-Prologue: "The Gathering Heroes"  (Read 26006 times)
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »

Fran and Raven giggle at the two males' words, and Lune glares halfheartedly at them. Bharnash shakes his head in exasperation and shares a long-suffering look between Hawke and himself; obviously, there is quite some history and chemistry to these folks.

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2013, 01:37:43 PM »

Vold rises and pats his stomach

"Yes, Im eager to meet the man that raised a fearless and noble swordsman like this, maybe there'll be a welcome home feast"

Vold still has no clue Wings not referring to his paternal father

He turns to Raven,

"we may be back late, where shall we go to sleep should we make it back before morning? I hope my payment is sufficient for Wing and I for the time being,"

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2013, 01:43:43 PM »

Raven gives Vold her radiant smile, which incidentally causes Dacian and Wingtip to melt inside a little bit, and shakes her head, "For saving my inn, and for defending my dear friends, you all can stay as long as you wish, free of charge...though I hope you won't mind if I use those furs from earlier to make a few comforts for myself, he he!"

Hawke rolls his eyes at his surprisingly frivolous wife.

sliksham
Denver

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »

"Well if Volds going along then I'm in tow as well, we may have turned the opinion of the fine Sergeant here about our furry companion but I've a feeling the rest of the Honour Guard aren't so readily accepting as yet.

Rest assured Mistress Raven that we shall try our hardest to keep trouble away from you and yours this time"
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2013, 05:33:55 PM »

Fran regains her breath and looks up solemnly at Brin, slipping into her native Elven, "Bharnash and I were doing a job that was botched; Pierce was taking it out on him when I slipped away to find Raven. Thank you for your help Brin, but...why are you in Tula? You said you'd never come back..."

{Tondi-, you are free to do some world building here, make up NPCs, and flavor Kynach a bit.}

{I only speak common, i miscoloured in my first post}

Brin looks the other way lets just say i'm not welcome in Loreh anymore, he looks over at Lune you know how it is, insult the wrong merchant, humiliate the wrong guard, fall for the wrong lass he ends with a sly grin.

I thought mixing with this crowd might offer me some anonymity, i might have misjudged...

As the conversations are closing i address the assembly, before we go have an ear.  your all from different parts and do things different and thats fine but here on the turtles back there rules and laws.  I ain't a stickler for most of em but don't kill no-one and don't eat no-one. he looks at Vold.  Here in Tula something like this will pass quickly, but in the other wards its things can get mighty serious.  Oh and try to remember, if you pull a weapon on a guard, they have rights to kill you.

Brin makes a quick sign with his fingers to Fran as they leave.

{3 surges spend}

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2013, 05:42:33 PM »

{Humans get a bonus language; unless you want something else, Elven is something you're fluent in...}

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2013, 05:46:58 PM »

{look at that, i do speak elven  Grin}

DigiSam
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2013, 06:01:44 PM »

Surveying the line emerging from the west, the young dwarf flattens his unkempt black hair before stroking his hairless chin.
"Just arrived in town and already found interesting things, I think I am going to like this place already!" he mutters to himself before slinging his pack onto one shoulder, bumping the large axe attached to his back and checking the small crossbow attached to his belt.

Heading toward the west, Runeblade relies the growling sound that has been following him all morning is his stomach. "Hahaha, I knew I had been neglecting something, I should find somewhere to break my fast before I head to hand over the plans I was bringing." Sniffing the air and licking his lip, Runeblade's keen dwarven senses lead him to a wooden home with shutters of the most pastel blue.

Walking through the door, he spies a gathering of many races sat around the table in what seems to be a deep discussion. Coughing to get their attention, he questions "Don't suppose there is any food left for a poor, hungry and very lonely dwarven traveller?"

{Finally, after 6 hours I have done it. Looikng back I feel very unsatisfied with it but I don't want it to seem too forced which I think it was beginning to sound. Just the perfectionist in me I guess.}
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2013, 06:19:26 PM »

Raven lets loose a trilling laugh and a bright smile at the newcomer's appearance, "Of course, come in!"

{Runeblade, roll me a Wisdom check (I am so bad, lol)}

DigiSam
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2013, 06:45:12 PM »

[spoiler=Runeblade Wisdom: rolled 1d20+3: 5]
Reference: Runeblade Wisdom
You rolled 1d20+3: 5 | [ 2 ] 2+3
[/spoiler]

{Welp, looks like she got me as well, oh well}
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2013, 07:18:38 PM »

{Runeblade, you fall for Raven like Gimli fell for Galadriel, roflmao, I expect you'll request a lock of her ebony hair before day's end, lol  Cheesy Grin Wink

You take a -2 penalty to Perception and Insight checks, -5 while in Raven's presence, until your next extended rest. You cannot make another Wisdom check to recover from infatuation until after an extended rest.

Just so we're clear, Dacian, Wingtip, and now Runeblade will have to each roll a Wisdom check after your next extended rest to see if they're still infatuated with Raven; they actually get a +2 to that check. If they fail again, they're still infatuated until the next extended rest, when they'll get a +4 to the next Wisdom check.

Is that understandable?}

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2013, 11:10:05 PM »

Vold strides up to Runeblade and before he can react sweeps him up and places him on his shoulder

"Of course my little friend! Lets get you a snack! Are you lost? Where are your parents?"

Vold sits at the table and places the dwarf on his knee, bouncing him occasionally

"A fine hatchet you've got there, I bet you help Pa with the woodcutting, don't you?

Say, can't we get this lad something to eat? Why are you all looking at me like that?!?"

{Vold's honestly convinced that Runeblade's a child, and is being very earnest and as friendly as a slightly bloody and burnt Minotaur can appear, regardless, Digisam,feel free to smack him, as he won't attack anyone he believes to be a child}

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2013, 11:13:18 PM »

{Hello there. I'm Rhtoe, from the World-Reversed. Eothr just died laughing. Sorry for your loss.}

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2013, 11:42:24 PM »

{bizarro DM? aww crap!}

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2013, 01:42:54 AM »

It takes me a minuet before I'm able to react to the situation unfolding in front of me.

"Vold that's a Dwarf not a child . . . Children don't have beards. Well maybe dwarven children do but he appears to be a full grown adult."

There is something familiar about this lad but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Quote from: Wingtip's Perception Check: rolled 1d20-3: 15
Reference: Wingtip's Perception Check
You rolled 1d20-3: 15 | [ 18 ] 18-3

Noticing some of the tools and rough hands I beckon "Are you by chance an artificer? I've seen a few before back home they carry similar items to yours."

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: