Major Spoilers Forum
July 23, 2014, 07:17:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Guardians-Prologue: "The Gathering Heroes"  (Read 31990 times)
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2013, 08:16:41 AM »

{Ultime, your Insight check tells you that the two women's relationship is deeper than first glance, most likely that they are close childhood friends; Lune's blushing seems to be a mixture of embarrassment and attraction to Raven.

Brin, unfortunately you don't know much else about the current group aside from what they've told you and Pierce has been too good about covering his tracks (covering all bases since a lot happened).

Vold, your attunement to nature allows you to identify the spirit possessing your mace: Bloodclaw, an entity connected to the Spirit of the Bloodhunt. It is a demanding spirit, brimming with malice and bloodlust; it won't speak to you, but it does communicate subtly: a vibration when you approach a hunt, slight flexing of the claws when you're about to make your kill. You also sense that this spirit does not care about you-only the blood which you feed it; finally, you sense that Bloodclaw is not as powerful as it could be.

Ultime, the magic of Vold's mace is ancient, older than most of what you have studied, and it is primal evil; a purely malicious force of predatory instinct focused on the drinking of blood. For now, it is engaged in a mutually beneficial, if painful, symbiotic relationship with Vold, but the spirit has the capacity for untold carnage.}

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2013, 08:39:06 AM »

Across Tula Ward, at the shipyard...

A rather conservative traveling vessel, the
Stone Delver, docks in Kynach, bearing the coat of arms of the Kingdom of Valestia, a mural of red and gold depicting a crossed hammer and axe above a fiery anvil. From out of this vessel walk a dozen Dwarves, merchants, bodyguards, and a young Dwarf Artificer.

The Artificer, surveying his surroundings with curious eyes, observes an odd sight of 11 armed men carrying 11 unconscious men towards the Eastern section of the city. The young Dwarf's natural deductive reasoning point him towards the West, in the opposite direction of the strange group.

{DigiSam, go ahead and describe your character and introduce yourself at the Inn when you are ready.}

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2013, 08:57:08 AM »

Vold Listens to Ultime and Nods gravely

"I felt that spirit was not a friendly one, agreed, but even a Rabid wolf can help guard a camp if one is careful with it,"

He pats the Mace with a malicious laugh, as the claws seem to reach for him

[/color=green]"I'll feed you soon...[/color]

His grin widens

[/color=red]"... Bloodclaw"[/color]

The gaze of the brute hardens as he nods to Brin

"Well, I still don't trust you a lick, human, but you didn't stab me in the back this time, you still up for showing us the path to Wing's father once we sort this affair out? It seems he got lost and came back to find a fine time"

Vold throws his head back and laughs, not having a clue as to why Wing really came back
He nudges the pixie as gently as he can manage to let him know he's just giving him a rough time,

[/color=green]"at least one of us didn't fall on his face, in fact, I don't know that I've ever seen one of you civilized folk EVER fight without some form of armor, if you'd have shown a bit more've your flesh and drooled a little I'd have taken you for a Berzerker!

What a grand day! New compatriots, a fine brawl, and a demon in my mace! Who's up for a rousing victory song?"[/color]

He starts clapping loudly, and stomping his feet to keep time, then trails off as he sees no one's as giddy about things as he is, so he puts his hands down and turns to Bharnash

"So what manner of beast are you? I've seen Lisard-folk before my people left the desert, but you strike me as something different,"

{sorry guys, he's had quite an exciting day, and he hasn't even met the Dwarf yet!}

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2013, 09:00:52 AM »

{gah, screwed up the colors, stupid iPhone!}

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 03, 2013, 09:09:34 AM »

Bharnash chuckles a bit at Vold's question, "Aye, my people are not accommodating to Angea, since we almost always perform hara-kiri before suffering slavery. I am a Dragonborn, one of the dragon-blooded. I'm from Seraphim myself, but Rae, Fran, Lune, and Hawke are my friends; we used to adventure a few years back, before we settled in the Republic."

Lune blushes again as attention is drawn to her, and Fran giggles at her friend.

{Ultime, you recognize the word as self-kill a.k.a. suicide
Lol, I understand CC; I have Asperger's, so I'm anal about my spelling, but even I have problems on the iPhone}

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2013, 09:34:53 AM »

"I was not lost at least not in direction. My father spoke to me which is rare but when he does it's because he has something very important to tell me. He sealed the doors of his church and wouldn't allow me to enter. Then he told me I was rude for leaving you all behind and should return and apologize." I think for a moment trying to remember before the battle. "I guess I still owe you all that one. Sorry for leaving you all to such a mess. Had it not been for my impulsive nature I may have gotten a higher seat in my fathers church."

My ears dip low, lower than they normally would as I think over what happened in the last few hours. "Are you ashamed of me father? I'm not worthy to call my self one of your creations." My eyes glass over as if I'm drifting off somewhere else. My ears perk up when I hear Bharnash mention my home. "Say Bharnash are you one of the gladiators? If so then we have business to take care of. When you're well of course."

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2013, 09:42:49 AM »

Fran regains her breath and looks up solemnly at Brin, slipping into her native Elven, "Bharnash and I were doing a job that was botched; Pierce was taking it out on him when I slipped away to find Raven. Thank you for your help Brin, but...why are you in Tula? You said you'd never come back..."

{Tondi-, you are free to do some world building here, make up NPCs, and flavor Kynach a bit.}

Bharnash starts at Wingtip, before bowing his head, "Honored Gladiator, I am humbled; nay, I am not but a simple diviner of the gods' will, most especially the more subtle elements of the storm god."

The Pixie Paladin feels, unseen to everyone else, a glowing warmth fill his frame, and the familiar whisper sounds in his mind, brimming with pride,

You have learned from this, dear child...as all must do so...

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2013, 10:40:33 AM »

Dacian rips into another haunch of meant from his plate, savouring every mouthful of the unusual fare;

"What did you say this meat was called? Its akin to Rapier Fish in its texture but has a much more iron-blood tang, very nice, very nice indeed"

He pushes a fresh plate towards Luce and bids her help herself to the fare

"So, 'Sarge', what will happen to Pierce now, I am expecting that one of his ilk will not be for long in the cells, will these good folk be safe enough once it comes time for us to move on do you feel?
I don't wish to disparage your fellows, I'm sure they do fine work, I am more accustomed to brigands such as this Pierce fellow finding a new life in the Jannisary corp, but as I am rapidly learning, this is not the Empire."
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2013, 11:14:53 AM »

Crookednose snorts as he bites into a piece of meat and simultaneously chews and converses,

"I've heard some talk of your ways of dealing with offenses,

in my tribe there were but four punishments, restitution, beatings, banishment or death, and any combination of them. Holding an offender and providing shelter all while stationing a guard seems a waste and an utter bore."

He continues with a further description of the sand walker mastadon tribes justice system, but there's too much meat in his mouth for anyone to understand him

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2013, 11:51:06 AM »

Lune looks a bit startled at Vold, then shudders at his lacking table manners. She turns to Dacian, "The Cap'ain  is a stickler for the rules, bu'...it's the Merchant Lords tha' rule Daro, an' Pierce is often the knife o' their mach'nations; he's bin bought outta the brig more'n once..."

She looks down dejectedly at that, almost guilty of that fact.

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2013, 12:09:21 PM »

"there is no cause to fret about any part of yours in those machinations, orders are orders and it takes a great person to see the folly of those rules and orders, and greater still to work against them".
If Pierce is indeed to be freed then I am sure we will cross paths once again, maybe this time I will be conscious at the end of the meeting, perhaps...

Dacian chuckles to himself.

You seem a true enough enforcer of the judiciary, you need not be disheartened further, He indicate Raven and the others and winks, and your friends seem to like you well enough

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2013, 12:15:00 PM »

Raven places a gentle hand on Lune's shoulder, offering the Genasi woman a smile, to which the Sergeant responds with a blush. Curling her tail forward, the Tiefling addresses Dacian,

"That corruption is what we were fighting, years ago. Lulu just wishes we had made a bigger difference." Lune's face seems to completely darken as she looks down at the sound of that nickname.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2013, 12:45:49 PM »

Having heard my father speak to me my spirit is lightened. I look upon Raven and Luce with interest and try to understand the nature of their relationship.
Quote from: Wingtip's Insight Check: rolled 1d20+2: 5
Reference: Wingtip's Insight Check
You rolled 1d20+2: 5 | [ 3 ] 3+2

I am more confused than ever before by there interactions nothing they do seems to make sense to me.

"Don't mind my friend he's the last of his tribe. Lucky for you he didn't finish of pierce and drink his blood right off the floor." I give a halfhearted laugh as this is meant to be a joke. Then I realize that this might be something that was accepted in Vold's culture.

"Corruption is something we must all deal with."

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2013, 01:06:03 PM »

After Wing makes his apology for Vold, the brute leans forward and continues the thought with earnest conviction, punctuating each point with a thrust of his huge finger

"Exactly! And even though I was still HUNGRY, I showed RESTRAINT!"

With a smug smile he places his hands behind his head and leans back with satisfaction

"think upon THAT when you townsfolk claim that the kingless tribes have no class or refinement"

His argument is rendered moot by the loud belch that emulates from within him

Upon seeing his pixie friend's confused glances between the females, he leans close and in his quiet way whispers:"I THINK THEY KNOW EACH OTHER ALREADY"

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2013, 01:25:43 PM »

Something finally sink to my tiny little skull.
"Oh so they're like friends or something. They're acting awfully weird as friends but who am I to question a minotaurs judgment."

I look around the room and address my compatriots.

"Are we almost finished here. I would not want to be rude again and fly off but I really do wish to get to my fathers temple quickly."

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: