Major Spoilers Forum
September 01, 2014, 08:58:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Guardians-Prologue: "The Gathering Heroes"  (Read 34480 times)
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors
***
Posts: 398


View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2013, 11:50:27 PM »

{I knew I'd forgotten something. Attack is Intelligence vs Will, and I will be going for non-lethal takedowns.}
Logged
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2013, 11:58:15 PM »

Brin's comment for Vold to refrain from killing is drowned out as the Minotaur lets out a deafening Bellow, braces his legs into a sprinting position and lowers his head toward Pierce

Quote from: Vold's Goring Charge Vs. Pierce: rolled 1d20+5+4: 20, rolled 1d6+5: 9
Reference: Vold's Goring Charge Vs. Pierce
You rolled 1d20+5+4: 20 | [ 11 ] 11+5+4
You rolled 1d6+5: 9 | [ 4 ] 4+5

{my attacks strength vs AC, and Vold utterly intends to kill everyone he attacks, and possibly eating all or part of them unless someone does something,

I've got a +2 racial bonus to AC vs opportunity attacks while charging, but at this point I don't think I'll need it.

Also, I'm not ignoring Brin to be a jerk, while Vold may not like Brin, Cowboy Centaur thinks Tondi's a cool dude.}
Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1671


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2013, 12:03:03 AM »

I find my self surrounded by guards quickly with out a thought I raise my sword and thrust it into the one that's closest to my beloved raven.

"Fear not we shall protect you!"

{Attacking Pierce's Gang Member(Mace) at R6 with Bolstering Strike Cha vs AC NL(Non-lethal)}

Quote from: Wingtip: rolled 1d20+7: 21, rolled 1d10+4: 11
Reference: Wingtip
You rolled 1d20+7: 21 | [ 14 ] 14+7
You rolled 1d10+4: 11 | [ 7 ] 7+4

{One Minion down}
"You shall live for tomorrow because Corellon wouldn't wish for me to kill you."

{That's it for me I don't need a move or a minor this turn.}
Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1671


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2013, 12:06:16 AM »

{I forgot I get 2 Temp HP from Bolstering Strike also so add that into any calculations when I get smacked on their turn.}
Logged

Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2013, 12:10:04 AM »

{So far so good, gang. One minion knocked out, 4 set to be strangled unconscious at the start of Enemy Turn, and Pierce is definitely feeling the pain while lying flat on his back, courtesy of Vold's charge.}
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:11:37 AM by Eothr » Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2013, 12:34:07 AM »

{oh, and my charge'll put me at P10, hope I read the map correctly}

a cunning linguist would translate Vold's bellow as

YAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGG!!!!!"
Logged

sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 712



View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2013, 01:12:31 AM »

Dacian glances around the room, calculating the dispositions and actions of all combatants, myriad possibilities running through his mind, stepping forward towards Pierce.

"Vold! watch your flank, smear the Republic lackey all over the floor and watch your blind sides, I'll not be having someone under my stewardship getting unduly hurt!"
{Move Action: E, E, E to P9
Standard Action: Commanders Strike - Grant Vold a melee basic attack vs Pierce with +4 damage bonus}


Turning to Raven, bowing slightly;
"And my most sincere apologies to you milady for any trouble or damage we may be about to cause"
Logged
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2013, 01:38:02 AM »

Vold grins at Dacien and raises his Mace over his head...

Quote from: Vold's Basic melee attack with Maul vs prone Pierce: rolled 1d20+7+2: 16
{+2 for prone target}
WHAM!!!!
Miss!
{can't even hit a guy who's laying down, :/}
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:39:48 AM by Cowboy Centaur » Logged

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2013, 05:42:22 AM »

There is a flash of movement from Brin and the gang member with the longspear behind Pierce falls to the ground with a groan clutching his groin.  With him falls a round metal disc and Brins sarcastic voice, I’d stay down if you want to practice reproducing some time in the future.  

Standard: Quick draw Shuriken & Disheartening Strike (non-lethal) vs Gang Member R11

Quote from: DStrike vs AC on PGMR11: rolled 1d20+7: 26(+2), rolled 1d6+4: 7(+2)
Reference: DStrike vs AC on PGMR7
You rolled 1d20+7: 26 | [ 19 ] 19+7
You rolled 1d6+4: 7 | [ 3 ] 3+4
{Forgot CA in the roll & rattling in the DMG}

Then swearing Brin moves through the battle to stand over his recently fallen victim to stand over Pierce and get in view of the others.

Move: R11, invoking attacks from PGM R7 & Mook R10

He slams his cane into the back of Pierces head hard but with the precision of someone who has knocked people out before.    

Action Point: Guarded Attack (non-lethal)
Crit: 20 DMG + 10 Sneak DMG

Quote from: Guarded Attack vs AC on Pierce (Flank CA + Prone) + Sneak: rolled 1d20+10: 30, rolled 2d8+4: 12, rolled 2d8: 10
Reference: Guarded Attack vs AC on Pierce (Flank CA + Prone) + Sneak
You rolled 1d20+10: 30 | [ 20 ] 20+10
You rolled 2d8+4: 12 | [ 4,4 ] 8+4
You rolled 2d8: 10 | [ 7,3 ] 10

{HOLY CRAP!!! CRIT - I think i may need to retire after this round}

If Pierce attacks me before end of my next turn the following attack occurs as immediate interrupt (part of guarding attack)

Quote from: Guarded 2nd Attack vs AC on Pierce (Flank CA + Prone): rolled 1d20+8: 16, rolled 2d8+4: 8
Reference: Guarded 2nd Attack vs AC on Pierce (Flank CA + Prone)
You rolled 1d20+8: 16 | [ 8 ] 8+8
You rolled 2d8+4: 8 | [ 3,1 ] 4+4

Brin shouts at Vold and Dacien with a venomous tone, restrain yourselves or we'll have to deal with more than this lot...murder will bring the guards and you’ve already seen how much they care for your kind.  A bit quieter he says, its also just plain rude to spill blood in someone else home, looking over at Hawke he shrugs, tourists.

{sorry for the longest post ever}
{obviously if the atks of op kill me on the way the crit won't happen}
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:44:02 AM by Tondi- » Logged

sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 712



View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2013, 07:00:09 AM »

I nod an acknowledgment to Brin, pull myself together and nudge Vold in the ribs;

"Our guide does have a point Vold, as much as it pains me to admit my loss of control, lets try to pummel this cretin in a more restrained fashion, the more trouble you get int,o the longer I'll have to watch out for you and I do not make a good wet-nurse, as I am rapidly finding out!"
Logged
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2013, 10:00:06 AM »

{Unfortunately Tondi-, you can't sit in an unconscious man's square, and I don't think you can move that far either. You can be at Q9, directly in front of Pierce, or R9, in front of Pierce's Lackey R10. I'll move you for now, but it's up to you where to start next turn.}
Quote
Player Turn
Dacian moves E, E, E (3 squares) to P9
Vold moves NW, SE, SE (3 squares) to P10
Brin moves NE, E, SE, S (4 squares) to Q9


Opportunity Attack against Brin from Pierce's Gang Member R7
Quote from: Battleaxe Opportunity Attack (Strength vs. AC): rolled 1d20+5: 13, rolled 5: 5
Reference: Battleaxe Opportunity Attack (Strength vs. AC)
You rolled 1d20+5: 13 | [ 8 ] 8+5
You rolled 5: 5 |
Enemy Turn
Current Enemy HP after Grasping Shadows effect damage
Pierce: 11/66 (bloodied!)
Pierce's Lackey R10: 24/28
Pierce's Lackey Q11: 24/28
Pierce's Gang Member R6, P11, R11: Unconscious

A flurry of activity erupts after the condemning call, to the surprise of Pierce, as the heroes surround him. Brin, using his superior speed and agility, nimbly dodges a cleaving battleaxe while flinging a blunted shuriken into the privates of a longspear toting goon. Pierce's eyes widen in surprise as the cane, now clearly a mace, swings at his face with incredible speed. Pierce spins in place, unfocused, before a dense, murky shape takes form beneath him and his gang; Ultime's Grasping Shadows spell. Wispy tendrils in the shape of hands reach up and constrict his throat, strangling him painfully. Eyes bulging and gasping for air, the Rogue can do nothing as a massive force pummels into him, sending him to the ground; a charging headbutt courtesy of Vold.

Wingtip valiantly swings his miniaturized blade, catching a Gang Member off guard as the glowing blade connects with his skull, sending him knocked out to the ground. The white energy coalesces around Wingtip's body, granting him shielding in his exposed form.

Dacian, watching everything, rushes forward and points his blade at the prone leader, ordering the Minotaur to strike. He does so, but Pierce is still coherent enough to dodge the falling weight, which -thrumps!- against the throng of murky darkness, surprisingly not smashing the wood floor.

As the enemy posse begins to counterattack, they watch in horror as the darkness seems to erupt in a frenzy. Pierce, his too closest lackeys, and a battleaxe toting mook are all targeted; scratched and clenched by the shadowy limbs, it is the gang member that takes the worst, as the grasping tendrils constrict around his entire form, blocking him from sight. In an instant, his cocooned body topples, and his revealed face shows he is unconscious.

Pierce coughs blood, glaring at the three in front of him, but especially Brin, "You bastards..." Shakily, he stands and slides swiftly to Brin's left, keeping the three in his vision, "You bastards...!". His eyes are furious, his red-stained teeth set in a snarl, and he leaps up, "YOU BASTARDS!!. From out of his jacket pockets he flings over a dozen small, circular disks with razor sharp wings--shuriken. One though, to Brin's trained eye, seems a little different.


{Pierce stands at Q10 then shifts to R9
Action Point: Blinding Barrage attack focused on Brin
Quote from: Windy Morrow Inn Encounter-Pierce Blinding Barrage attack (Dexterity vs. AC); Combat Advantage and Sneak attack: rolled 1d20+10: 27, rolled 2d6+5: 13, rolled 2d6+3: 10
Reference: Windy Morrow Inn Encounter-Pierce Blinding Barrage attack (Dexterity vs. AC); Combat Advantage and Sneak attack
You rolled 1d20+10: 27 | [ 17 ] 17+10
You rolled 2d6+5: 13 | [ 4,4 ] 8+5
You rolled 2d6+3: 10 | [ 4,3 ] 7+3
{Brin, Dacian, and Vold, take 23 damage and you are blinded until the end of your next turn (-5 to attacks, grant combat advantage)

Pierce is a Brutal Scoundrel with Str Mod of 3, to explain the bonus to Sneak Attack.

Pierce's Lackey R10 will shift W and attack Dacian
Pierce's Lackey Q11 will move SW, NW, N, provoking Opportunity Attack from Vold, onto the Table to attack Vold with Flanking Tactics (+1d6 damage against flanked enemies
Pierce's Gang Members R7 & S7 will both Attack Wingtip from where they are
Pierce's Gang Member P12 will Reach Attack Vold
Pierce's Gang Member N11 will move N, N, E and attack Dacian
Pierce's Gang Member O12 will move NW, W, NW, N to Attack Ultime.}

Quote from: Windy Morrow Inn Encounter-Pierce's Lackey Short Sword against Dacian (Strength vs. AC: rolled 1d20+5: 13, rolled 1d6+2: 6

Quote from: Windy Morrow Inn Encounter-Pierce's Lackey Short Sword against Vold (Strength vs. AC); Flanking Tactics: rolled 1d20+7: 22, rolled 2d6+2: 8

Quote from: Windy Morrow Inn Encounter-Pierce's Gang Members Battleaxe & Mace against Wingtip (Strength vs. AC): rolled 1d20+5: 9, rolled 1d20+5: 9, rolled 5: 5, rolled 4: 4
Reference: Windy Morrow Inn Encounter-Pierce's Gang Members Battleaxe & Mace against Wingtip (Strength vs. AC)
You rolled 1d20+5: 9 | [ 4 ] 4+5
You rolled 1d20+5: 9 | [ 4 ] 4+5
You rolled 5: 5 |
You rolled 3: 3 |

Quote from: Windy Morrow Inn Encounter-Pierce's Gang Member Longspear against Vold (Strength vs. AC): rolled 1d20+7: 10, rolled 4: 4

Quote from: Windy Morrow Inn Encounter-Pierce's Gang Member Mace against Dacian (Strength vs. AC): rolled 1d20+7: 18, rolled 3: 3

Quote from: Windy Morrow Inn Encounter-Pierce's Gang Member Battleaxe against Ultime (Strength vs. AC): rolled 1d20+5: 19, rolled 5: 5

Quote
Pierce moves NE (1 squares) to R9
Pierce's lackey moves W (1 squares) to Q10
Pierce's lackey moves SW, NW, N (3 squares) to O10
Pierce's Gang Member(Mace) moves N, N, E (3 squares) to O9
Pierce's Gang Member(Battleaxe) moves NW, W, NW, N (4 squares) to L9


{Vold, take 8 more damage
Dacian, take 3 more damage
Ultime, take 5 damage}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2013, 10:07:07 AM »

{I'll post the Neutral Turn later, the 3 NPCs get a turn, too}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2013, 10:38:38 AM »

The bladed disks fly, niching the eyes and faces of the three heroes, temporarily blinding them; Brin, however, is shocked as three of the shuriken impale his chest; perhaps they...underestimated Pierce's anger...

Wingtip weaves and bobs as a clunky mace and heavy axe swing away at him.

Dacian parries widely, luckily catching a short sword with his own weapon, but feels the blunt trauma of a mace upon his cranium.

Vold, braying in pain and confusion, lashes out at a fleeing enemy, before that same enemy drives a short sword into his side, sending him into darkness.

Ultime, caught off guard by the sudden assault, is slashed by a wicked axe.
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 712



View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2013, 11:02:33 AM »

I crumple to the floor, unconcious

{Current HP: -2 / 24
Current conditions : Blinded, unconcious}
Logged
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2013, 11:07:28 AM »

{I started giggling uncontrollably to myself when I realized that 3 of the PCs were down, one of which was the leader (sorry Dacian, ;P)}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!