Major Spoilers Forum
April 17, 2014, 01:59:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you follow @majorspoilers on twitter you'll be the first to know when the new Critical Hit podcast goes up on iTunes.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Guardians-Prologue: "The Gathering Heroes"  (Read 25924 times)
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1365



View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2012, 06:53:12 PM »

Vold shovels his dishes down, then leans over to wing's nearly untouched plate.

"you gonna eat that?

He's here to meet his father, and I'm here to kill a man, I'm not sure what those two are doing,
Logged

Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2012, 07:11:52 PM »

{Frisky Pixie. Awesome Cheesy}

Raven giggles at Wingtip's offer, taking plates to and fro as Vold consumes the breakfast, though everyone is able to enjoy some.

"Rather bold of you, Sir Pixie, but I am very happy as I am. My dear Hawke is the only knight for my heart."

At Vold's declaration, Raven gasps and Hawke pauses long enough to catch Vold's eyes with a stern glare, "Son, I don't much care your grievances or vendettas, and we'll gladly have you for as long as you remain civil, but know this: the Republic doesn't take kindly to murderers, and any action on your part will bring the Honor Guard on us. Mind yourself, or you will deal with me."


Quote from: Hawke Intimidate vs. Vold's Will: rolled 1d20+12: 17
Reference: Hawke Intimidate vs. Vold's Will
You rolled 1d20+12: 17 | [ 5 ] 5+12

{Vold, despite your strength and size, you realize that Hawke is not to be trifled with, and that his intentions are only to protect Raven and himself.}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1365



View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2012, 08:34:44 PM »

Vold bows his head and holds up a reassuring hand

"Never fear sir, my aim ain't to skulk and murder him,"

Vold makes a sidelong glance at Brin

" I'm to challenge him to a fair fight, then be on my way with him dangling from my horn, but rest assured, his army may well kill me before I get my first blows in, Should it be in the Raven Queen's design"

Vold helps himself to a pot of coffee

"sides, Magnus won't even be here for several days, the Carnifax may send a band to finish me off first, I'll be sure to leave your hut first"
Logged

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2012, 09:26:11 PM »

Brin lowers his voice for the table, some friendly advice my brawny fellow.  Keep that goal of yours to yourself from now on.  Its not quite civilised talk for the people in the city y'know what i mean.  Your in some luck though.  I've been working protection for awhile and i can keep ya alive till you get a chance to poke a horn into your foe. 

He smiles a little and moves right along, Mr Wing, perhaps we should focus on your business with your pa for now, can I be of service with this endeavour?
Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1624


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2012, 09:42:44 PM »

"Yes it would just be a terrible shame if something were to happen to Hawke because of your business Vold"

{Bluff Check}
Quote from: Wingtip: rolled 1D20+4: 14
Reference: Wingtip
You rolled 1D20+4: 14 | [ 10 ] 10+4


Shamed by my misadventure I push some of my food onto Vold's plate and turn to Brin.

"You seem to have good heading of this place I need not company but will not refuse it. I need knowledge of my fathers temple. I believe you should know where the temple of Corellon is yes?"
Logged

Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2012, 11:06:28 PM »

{I'm not sure who you are lying to or what you're lying about, Wingtip...}

Raven moves her hands before her body in a strange motion, a gesture that seems religious, "Please listen to your comrades. The Carnifax is no friend of the Republic, Goddess knows, but he is the King of Angea; moving against him means moving against Magnus itself...please don't be so quick to seek your own death, even at Lady Winter's behest."

While she has a moment to collect herself, Hawke comes out from the kitchen; he wears a plain blue shirt and green pants, along with a white cook's apron. He places his hands on her shoulders, then addresses Wingtip,

"There's a temple to Corellon in Euryale Ward, but it's out of sight. Euryale Ward has a large church of Avandra; Corellon's Shrine is always in its shadow."


{Someone can roll a Religion check to recognize Raven's gesture}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1624


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2012, 11:36:46 PM »

{I PMed you what the bluff check was for sorry i'll try to be more obvious about it next time.}

{Religion Check}
Quote from: Wingtip: rolled 1D20+4: 19
Reference: Wingtip
You rolled 1D20+4: 19 | [ 15 ] 15+4


"My fathers grace can never be shadowed by anyone or anything. Though his presence may not be as welcome in this place it is never the less here. It is every where and in everything. Especially your lovely wife." My cheeks turn a little pink and I quickly drop my gaze when I realize I've been staring at raven for far to long. Clearing my throat I move on. " So the Euryale ward you say. Is that far from here?"

Logged

Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2012, 12:29:11 AM »

{Wingtip, you recognize the gesture as a crossing of Erathis, goddess of civilization and laws; it's a crossing to ward off chaos, the antithesis of order.}

Hawke nods to the Pixie Paladin,"Aye, just 10 blocks North of here; Euryale sets between Tula and Aien Wards."
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1624


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2012, 01:07:53 AM »

"Thank you Hawke for the food and the hospitality. Thank you Reven for well everything. Vold I need you to do something for me." With out actually asking a question or wait for Vold to respond I undo my armor. Drop my sheild and chest piece first then take off the gloves helm and boots. My leg and arm guards then last but not least my sword. Which upon remove returns to it's normal size. All that's left is a teal tunic with matching pants and my spiky blue hair.

"It's been a long time since I had a good run be a good friend and hold on to my armor while I visit my fathers temple. I'll make quicker time then you will by running and flying between roof tops anyway. I'll see you when you arrive."

I bid a final farewell to my companions and take my mark at the end of the table. I full on sprint to the opposite end then leap into the air and begin to swan dive till I'm nearly inches from the ground when my wings spring to life can carry me through the front gate and up to the roof. With a forward somersault my wings drop and I'm sprinting along the high beam of the roof. Jumping and flying from roof to roof I make my way to Euryale Ward.

After 10 blocks it is clear that knowing the exact location of the temple would have been more helpful. I'm not sure where the temple is located in this district. I begin to search for Avandra's church which isn't hard to find. Then I ponder the meaning if any of there the shadow of might be that my fathers temple is under and check the first place I can think of.

{Perception check to see if I can locate Corellons Shrine}
Quote from: Wingtip: rolled 1d20: 17
Reference: Wingtip
You rolled 1d20: 17 | [ 17 ] 17


« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:09:02 AM by Revenant Sorrow » Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1624


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2012, 01:11:24 AM »

After 10 blocks it is clear that knowing the exact location of the temple would have been more helpful. I'm not sure where the temple is located in this district. I begin to search for Avandra's church which isn't hard to find. Then I ponder the meaning if any of where the shadow of might be that my fathers temple is under and check the first place I can think of.

{Couldn't catch all my spelling errors in the first edit sorry. I fixed this one it's suppose to be where which is in bold so this line should make more sense now.}
Logged

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2012, 06:52:56 AM »

Brin looks to the others, im happy to guide the rest of you to the church
Logged

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1365



View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2012, 09:44:44 AM »

Vold looks at the expanding armor with some surprise, then begins tying it into a bundle with his various trappings.

He carefully selects some of the more exquisite furs from his selection, (mink, artic fox) and politely hands them to Raven (about 5 gold)

" i hope this'll cover me and my small friends stay for a few days, though I'm fairly certain he won't take up much room

He looks at the now normal sized armor

"I think so anyway, I swear on my dead tribe I'll try and bring no trouble to your hearth, by the way, those were fine eggs"

He turns to Brin

"We'll, lets be off, Guide. To the camp of wing's father"
Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1624


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2012, 10:24:04 AM »

Vold looks at the expanding armor with some surprise, then begins tying it into a bundle with his various trappings.

He looks at the now normal sized armor

{My Sword is the only thing that returns to normal size. the armor was made for me so it stays tiny.}
Logged

Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »

{Wingtip, you easily find the shrine to Corellon tucked down a side street.}

As Wingtip flies to the holy place dedicated to his Father, a soft, distant voice calls to him;

Eating and running, my child?

As the Pixie tries to open the doors, he finds them held fast; when he moves to the windows, they are sealed shut. After a worrying moment, you realize what your Lord Corellon meant: you were rude to run off like that, and it would be best to apologize to everyone.

Back at the Windy Morrow Inn...

Raven accepts the pelts, curious to Vold's method of payment. Her hand runs across the silvery fox fur longingly. Hawke raises an eyebrow at Vold, "A trader in pelts, eh? You never stop surprising."

Suddenly, the front door bursts open. Standing in the doorway, panting frantically, is what appears to be a child; the clothes are a well-worn leather, with straps and belts aplenty. At the waist dangled a stringed piece of fabric that looks like a weapon-a sling. The "child" looks up, and most of you are shocked to see an adult woman's panicked face.

The woman, now obviously a Halfling, rushes to Raven and wraps her arms around her waist, babbling frantically in Elven with a pitched, foreign accent,

"It's horrible, horrible, horrible!! They have him, they have him! I'm sorry, I know you told us to not trust those men, but we needed the money, and it wasn't supposed to be like this, and now they're blaming him, and hurting him, and it's all my fault! We gotta save him, Rae!"

As Raven tries to soothe the hysterical Halfling woman, Hawke quickly discards his apron and moves to a coats closet on the side of the room, unlocking it to discover a very ornate suit of silvery plate armor and heavy shield, a symbol that looks like a half-cog upon the shield's face. Surprisingly quickly, the Half-Elf dons his mighty Paladin's Armor, and walks back to Raven holding two weapons--a large broadsword and a needle thin rapier. He kneels before the other woman, and gently asks, "Who's got him, Francesca? Who has our friend Bharnash?"

Before she can speak, a loud collection of steps sound from the front. In walk nearly a dozen men wearing padded leather armor and armed with an array of weapons--maces, longspears, battleaxes--before a tall, gaunt Human male strides behind them, wearing more ornate clothes than his men. He leers at the three, his slitted eyes like a snake's, "That would be me."; his voice is raspy and dark, almost like he rarely speaks.

Behind him walk in two men carrying a body; hanging limp between them is a large humanoid with ochre yellow leathery skin, similar to a reptile's. His head is a long, lizardy snout with a collection of rope-like tendrils trailing down from the back of the skull. The chainmail on his body is tarnished with dried blood, but a symbol of a fist holding a sword can still be seen on the tabard. The Dragonborn is unceremoniously tossed towards Raven and Francesca, a loud groan escaping the apparent Bharnash's throat. As the girls see to him, Hawke stands protectively before the man, his face set in a grimace,

"...Pierce...it's been some time...

The gaunt man, Pierce, snickers, "Indeed it has, old friend." Upon finally noticing the party, Pierce seems to grow cautious and defensive. He motions for his men to clear a way. "This is a private matter; please vacate the premises."


{Anyone not trained in Religion can give me a roll to recall the deity symbols, as our resident holy man has skedaddled.

Brin, you recognize both Francesca and Pierce as fellow Rogues of the Republic; Fran is an old friend and Pierce an old rival. Though you haven't had contact with him in a number of years, it seems he's climbed the ladder a bit.

The situation is not looking good; what will you do?}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1624


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2012, 11:39:18 AM »

{Yay for being out of the room when important stuff that I should be a part of is happening. Awesome job Eothr you're proving to be an excellent DM.}

Furious I tug at the doors harder, as if they were only stuck instead of sealed. "Why do you deny me entry father. You told me to come when I arrived. That you would have a gift for me. That it would take time to make, and it would be ready when I got here. I was only doing as you asked father." Slinking to the door and pouting to my self for a moment I think over my fathers word to me. "I said goodbye and that I would meet them here." Panic runs through my face in a moment of sudden realization. "They're in danger!"

No time for games this time I sprint and get leap into the air my wings beating as fast as they can I begin a mad dash back to the Inn where I left my friends hoping I'm able to arrive before it is to late.
Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!