Major Spoilers Forum
April 18, 2014, 11:31:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you follow @majorspoilers on twitter you'll be the first to know when the new Critical Hit podcast goes up on iTunes.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Guardians-Prologue: "The Gathering Heroes"  (Read 26182 times)
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »

{Um...thanks for the enthusiasm, but please don't. The point of PbP is that it'll be slow-going. Please just be a little patient.}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1365



View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2012, 10:13:40 AM »

{oop, sorry about that, I'd edit the post, but my count must not be high enough}

/DREAM SEQUENCE

Vold's eyes glaze over as he remains standing with the others at the docks and daydreams about that soup.

"Mmmm... Stew..."
Logged

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2012, 10:20:05 AM »

Brin looks from person to person then bow low, a thousand and three apologies my gentle friends, I am unaccustomed to the smaller raves and though your companion to be an ornament not a person.  Please forgiven I ment now harm.  As a gesture of my regret let me treat you to breakfast. Brin starts leading the party to the closest establishment.
Logged

Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2012, 10:43:40 AM »

The group, consisting of a hungry Minotaur, a smiling Pixie, a curious Tiefling, an exasperated Watersoul Genasi, and a smooth talking Human, make their way down the Main Street of Tula Ward; the buildings are in poor shape, but the citizens opening up their stalls and children playing in the street are in good cheer.

As you approach the establishment, you see a two-story wooden building, with pastel blue window shutters. Hanging above the door is a swinging plaque that reads "Windy Morrow Inn"; from outside you can smell the savory scent of eggs and bacon.

Upon entering, you hear a jovial "Good morning, and welcome!" from the back of the large dining area. Through a line window, you see a brunette Half-Elf man, his green eyes shining with honest mirth, his well kept beard split in a grin.

From out of the kitchen walks a beautiful Tiefling woman in a peach blouse and skirt, which complements her rust-red skin nicely, with long raven-black hair flowing to the floor; her horns are curved gently upwards. Her eyes, a shocking opaque blue, look at you with warmth, and her sharp teeth are set in a surprisingly gentle smile. She greets you in a soft, yet husky voice, "Welcome, Travelers, to the Windy Morrow Inn Bed-and-Breakfast; how may I help you?"


{Dacian, Ultime, Wingtip, and Brin-please give me a Wisdom check. Evil

Anyone who gets my reference can add +1 to the check (a reference bonus, lol)}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1624


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2012, 11:09:03 AM »

{I mssed the reference sadly so i only get a 5 ugh i wish i could use dice. I'm so much better with dice.
Quote from: Wingtip: rolled 1D20+2: 5
Reference: Wingtip
You rolled 1D20+2: 5 | [ 3 ] 3+2
[/color]

"The Breakfast part would be lovely. Brim here said he knew a good local place for some grub."
Logged

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors
***
Posts: 398


View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 11:09:30 AM »

"See now, isn't that more enjoyable?"

Ultime follows the human to the inn, jovially chatting with any of the others who seem to be willing to hear him ramble about various topics. As they enter the inn, a smile breaks across his face.

"Good morning good innkeep. Good morning m'lady. We are but a few travelers seeking a warm meal."

{At least they didn't call us n'wahs or fetchers. If my reference to what I believe to be your reference is correct, my roll is below. If not, subtract 1.}

Quote from: Ultime Wis check: rolled 1d20+2: 20
Reference: Ultime Wis check
You rolled 1d20+2: 20 | [ 18 ] 18+2

Logged
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2012, 11:11:43 AM »

{Well, Rev failed and GD succeeded, just waiting for the other two. Go ahead and say in OOC what you think the reference is.}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors
***
Posts: 398


View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2012, 11:14:22 AM »

{I don't want to give it away... I'll send a PM to you.}
Logged
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2012, 11:24:43 AM »

Brim nods at the proprietors in greeting and says to the group try the eggs, they will impress

Quote from: Wiz: rolled 1d20: 15
Reference: Wiz
You rolled 1d20: 15 | [ 15 ] 15
Logged

sliksham
Denver
****
Posts: 697



View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2012, 12:17:33 PM »

No idea for ref, and don't have access to my char, so straight f20 roll.


       
Quote from: dacian wisdom:  rolled 1d20: 2
         Reference: dacian wisdom

         You rolled 1d20: 2 | [ 2 ] 2

     
   
Sorry about format, phone is crap
Logged
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2012, 12:37:03 PM »

The young Tiefling giggles, bringing her hand to her mouth as her eyes shut in mirth. Her lilting laugh sounds through the Inn, and both Wingtip and Dacian find themselves captivated by this beautiful creature. Brin, wise to her charm, Ultime, immune to her beauty, and Vold, focused on the smell, watch their other companions become slack-jawed and dreamy-eyed.

"Of course, please have a seat. My name is Raven, and my husband, the chef, is Hawke. Three eggs, bacon, and toast for everyone? You boys look like you can eat...especially you, good Minotaur," she says, looking at Vold in particular, "Probably double that, yes?"

You hear Hawke give a hearty laugh, and the sound of over two dozen eggs sizzling on the grill.


{Dacian and Wingtip, you are infatuated with Raven until your next extended rest. You take a -2 penalty to Insight and Perception checks, -5 while in her presence. You cannot make another Wisdom check to recover from infatuation until you take an extended rest. *evil DM cackle*

The reference was to The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1365



View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »

Vold gives a single nod to Raven,

"that'll take the edge off, I'll bet, fine hut you've got here, and a nice touch covering the floor with wood, keeps the food much cleaner should someone drop a hindquarters of Elk on it I suppose,

Vold leans over to Ultime raising his hand to whisper, which dispite his best efforts really isn't very quiet

is she one of your kind? I don't want to offend the matron of the tent by calling her a goat or a bug. I'm guessing by those two's mooney eyes she's quite a handsome gal"
Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1624


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »

My eyes glaze over and I begin to stare lonely at Raven {anime huge eyes}

"My word you're an enchanting creature I would normally not make a pass at a woman of your size but when your shift is over would you like to accompany me to my father's temple. Tis truly a wonderful place."

I hear the order of food and think to my self there is no way I can eat that much food if it is "normal" size. Not wanting to doubt my lady I simply respond

"If you think that will be enough for me then yes that should be sufficient for a meal."

Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1624


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2012, 05:39:54 PM »

My eyes glaze over and I begin to stare lonely at Raven {anime huge eyes}

"My word you're an enchanting creature I would normally not make a pass at a woman of your size but when your shift is over would you like to accompany me to my father's temple. Tis truly a wonderful place."

I hear the order of food and think to my self there is no way I can eat that much food if it is "normal" size. Not wanting to doubt my lady I simply respond

"If you think that will be enough for me then yes that should be sufficient for a meal."



{one of these days i'm gonna learn how to spell It should read i stare longingly not lonely}
Logged

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2012, 06:17:25 PM »

Brin, grins at the smitten men, so what brings a group like ye all to the turtles back?  You said something about meeting a relative?  For the meeting of the eildions no doubt.  Well don't miss your chance while your here, make sure you check out the merchants, we have the best in the world.  Was there anything anyone was looking to buy? Let me know and I'll guarantee finding the cheapest price in town.

He nods at the food that was offered.
Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!