Major Spoilers Forum
July 25, 2014, 03:58:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Guardians-Prologue: "The Gathering Heroes"  (Read 32136 times)
sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 711



View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 02:25:42 AM »

"Vold, this symbol is somewhat of a mish-mash of a few things, the horse is the symbol of Magnus the Steed, and the symbol of Bane with it is some indication that King Nero Ouros the Carnifax is involved, but as the the true origin or meaning of the symbol, I can't truly place it."

I tuck the cloth scrap into Volds belt and turn to the Tiefling

"I have learnt from past trials that nothing is truly a chance occurrence; I'm craving a hot meal and as it seems I shall be eating with 2 strangers I see no reason why a 3rd would make a difference, lets go eat and maybe you can tell me more about you knowledge of Genasi militia, just use less words this time?"

I wince as Wingtip describes Vold as kind and Genital, but no-one else seems to notice so I decide to let it pass.
Logged
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors
***
Posts: 398


View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 08:47:09 AM »

Ultime nearly doubles over with laughter at Vold's goat comment.

"Oh.... Goat... Ahahah.... Whew... That was most amusing my bovine friend. I don't think I've ever been compared to a goat before. I'm a Tiefling. I won't go into the specifics of my heritage, but I can assure you that there are no goats in there."

Ultime tucks his crystal orb into a pocket, straightens his spectacles on the tip of his nose, and offers his hand in turn to Vold and then Dacian.

"Gentlemen, I am Ultime Fascient, Scholar of the Unseen, and member of the Arcana Academia of Hiza. I'd be honored to share a meal with you, and perhaps we can each tell what brings us here just before the momentous occasion of the meeting of the Guardians."

{sliksham, methinks you're a bit caught up on Vold's loincloth with that Freudian slip of Genital instead of gentle.}
Logged
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »

Vold returns the handshake and points to the sleeping pixie on his head.

"my sleeping comrade here is Wing, and he's a Pick-see, I'll ask you not to call him otherwise by mistake, as I've promised i'd horribly kill any that do, and you seem like a good-humored fellow."

"I'm Vold Crookednose, and I'd be glad to feast with you, I'll need to leave before it gets too late though, I've an errand to run, and wing here wants a ride to his Pa's house"

 Vold leans in and whispers while looking up at the Paladin

"I think he's homesick, he keeps talking about 'Im like he's here, and I haven't seen any others what can fly"
Logged

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 04:36:32 PM »

A tall wirey man appears before the group and addresses them, gentle folk welcome to Kynach, you all look like your in need of a guide.  What luck you have, oh the fates are kind to thee indeed, you've found Brin to show you around the turtles back.  Brin knows where to find the freshest meals, the sweetest ales, the cheapest merchants, the kindest ladies and softest beds.  Let Brin guide you and you'll never want to leave. . He finishes with a wink, smile and a bow.

The man is in his late twenties, with dark features and tanned skin.  He wears tight grey leathers covered by a dark coat.  Covering his black hair is a top hat that is more short than tall and in his hands is a solid cane, the size of a baseball bat with a head that is banded metal. 
Logged

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »

As the only member of the party that speaks eleven is asleep, the conscious trio stare at the newcomer. Vold looks at Brin's cane, eyeing the metal bands on it and draws his own mace for comparison, shrugging and looking to Ultime for guidance.

He leans in and greets the human in Giant


"you speak the language of my people? That's sure a fancy baton you got there."

{dunno for sure if you were speaking Elven, but here's the languages if you didn't see them,

Elven

Common
Giant
Primordial
Dwarven
Draconic
Goblin
OOC stuff is blue with the swirly bracket thingeys Smiley}
Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1666


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 06:19:45 PM »

My ears perk up having heard his fathers native tongue.

"Hello father I hear your call." I rubs my eyes as I open them and am surprised to see a human of all things. "How did one such as you come to learn my fathers language?"

"You said your name was brin? We need something to eat and I need to visit my fathers temple before the gathering of . . ." I let out a long drawn out yawn "of the guardian's champions."

I crawl out of the makeshift hammock scratch Vold be hind the ear as a thank you. My wings spread and I leap into the air and glide to the ground. "Where to then."

{I was waiting to post this but am going to do it anyway knowing there may be a retcon. sorry in advance}
Logged

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 07:42:08 PM »

Brin smiles. apologies gents my eleven is spotty at best, common suits my style much better.

He stares at Wing, then at the Minotaur.

 y'know I know a merchant that would pay big for your head piece.
Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1666


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 08:13:46 PM »

I look up at Vold "What is that awful noise? Are you speaking I've never heard such sounds"

As I hear the new comer mention a price on Volds head my right hand begins to travel with out thought across my armor until it finds the hilt of my sword. "This minotaur and I share an oath of loyalty. You shall not have his head so long as I draw breath."

"Some guide you are offering help then offering to sell out someone for a quick buck. Begone I will not tolerate this talk of senseless murder." My wings flare as I try to make my self seem imposing as possible.
Logged

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »

Vold grins broadly and holds out a hand to stay Wing,
"that's the language of my people, its not as pretty to hear spoken as some, but you ought to hear me sing in it sometime"

The Minotaur leans toward the newcomer, with eager eyes

"A larger brute once tried to take my head, and all he got was part of it"

Vold touches the end of his broken horn for effect, then flexes his mighty limbs

"My head would indeed fetch a great price, can you afford the cost of doing business?"
Logged

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors
***
Posts: 398


View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »

"Ioun forfend. Boys, boys, must we be so aggressive? I'm certain our human friend here meant what he said as a compliment and not a threat. Isn't that right, Brin was it?"


{I diplomacize the horses... I mean party. But just with words, and not with a roll because I hate rolling Diplomacy against other party members.}
Logged
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1666


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »

{I diplomacize the horses... I mean party. But just with words, and not with a roll because I hate rolling Diplomacy against other party members.}
(I LOLed for real at that one}

"Singing 'ay maybe when we're traveling to meet this "friend" for yours you'll get a chance to sing."

I ponder over Ultime's words and drop my wings and let my hand fall from my sword.

"Maybe you can reason with this Brin fellow. I will be keeping my eye on him for the time being."
Logged

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »

Vold chuckles to himself,

"you may be right, but at any rate, airship grub is poor fare, and the movement of that damned machine made all five of my stomach queasy. I'm for finding meat, as this horned fellow says, then we can...   'negotiate' "

Vold rehangs his mace on his back, and hands Brin a rabbit pelt {1 silver}

"Lead on human"
Logged

sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 711



View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 03:14:50 AM »

I raise an eyebrow at the banter with the newcomer and mutter under my breath

"At least we're not supposed to be incognito, a motley bunch and now being directed by someone who looks like they would steal my purse and then sell to back to me."

shaking my head in grudging resignation I raise my voice and start to usher everyone along;

"Right, lets get to eating and then maybe we can all be about our business on a full stomach at least, my gut grumbles louder than the great war-conch of La'mithrimalar Bay"

{I drop to the back of the group and keep an overwatch on everyone, its a new city with new people and I don't trust anyone further than I could throw them}
Logged
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 06:20:10 AM »

{Nice job guys! Loving the tension in the air, really rich character interaction.

Brin, you can know, as a native, that there are two establishments nearby where the group can get breakfast (it's still early morning after dawn); first is a little bed-and-breakfast run by a lovely couple, a middle-age Half-Elf and his 10 years younger Tiefling wife, just two blocks away in Tula Ward. Second, is an actual restaurant located on the other side of Loreh Ward, some 12 blocks for the group if you're straightforward about it, called the Fey Sisters (run by two Elf maidens and an Eladrin matron), where the group can get some slightly fancier fare. However, they then would have to find lodgings. I'll describe any as they come up.

As a native, you know the history of Adamant quite well, and despite appearances, the people of Tula and Loreh Wards are NOT poor; rather, the Republic has funneled money into Aeronaut Industries over the years, focusing on the shipyard rather than the living conditions surrounding it. The people of Tula and Loreh are not bitter, per se, but they are vocal about how their respective councilers, Micaiah the Half-Elf and Scar the Tiefling, are fighting for their comfort every day in Council. Most of the people in these two wards are dock workers and shop keepers, but Loreh Ward enjoys a small focus on the Artificer's Guild, which is where airship engineering gives the children of Loreh a better future.}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 09:47:54 AM »

{not sure what the protocol is for making actions for other PC's but I thought I could move things along a bit with some limited puppeteering with the other guy toys. If that's not kosher, then by all means feel free to disregard it}

Brin looks at the rabbit skin with dustain, but shrugs and leads the party on anyway, describing the locations and distances of the Two establishments, after hearing "closest" and "bed and breakfast" Vold turns in the direction described.

"Good as any, lets go here"

The older half elf opens the door to his charming home, as the friendly greeting on his lips disappears into a gasp as he sees the brute walking into his home. His teifling wife next looks and lets out a yelp as the Minotaur squeezes past her. On noticing her horns, Vold points and grins to Ultime with a "hey look!" expression. His pointing brushes a shelf near the door, disturbing a small vase that looks expensive, but is narrowly rescued by a swooping Wingtip.

Vold stomps past, following his nose, and, while not permanantly destroying anything, leaves a wake much like a tornado through the sitting room.

Their Tiefling host looks at the rest of the party imploring them to do something.

Upon entering the dining room, Vold grabs a large pot of stew that anyone else would clearly see was meant for everyone. He looks at the chairs and winces with dissaproval, then settles on the floor in a corner and begins pouring the contents of the steaming pot down his gullet.

The teifling hostess has a sinking feeling that he's going to want more once its gone.
Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!