Major Spoilers Forum
July 29, 2014, 07:56:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Guardians-Prologue: "The Gathering Heroes"  (Read 32462 times)
sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 711



View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 05:00:43 AM »

As Volds hand touches my shoulder I lay one hand over it in warning

'It is not wise to walk away from anyone guarding a dock before they give permission to do so, even 3 such 'easy kills' as you put it.
I have no authority here and thus your immediate future is still in the hands of the Adamant troops'


I turn the warning grasp into a warriors handshake;

"Nevertheless, I have been remiss in my manners, I am Dacian Tidebreaker, first Corbaci of the 4th Orta of Her Gracious Imperiousness's Jeemat, far-scouts I suppose you would call us, part of the Fyral’ean Armada. I am pleased to surmount unknowingness with you"

I follow your gaze to the divining stranger;

"And he, it would seem, is a mage of some sort, and he also likes to talk, a lot," a swift smile plays across my face, "Although maybe his sphere is more welcoming towards history lessons"

Releasing my grip on Volds forearm I turn towards Wingtip and nod my head in acknowledgement;

"Greetings to you also Sir Pixie, hail you from Nautilus as well? You seem a tad unfamiliar in your sight and demeanour to my experience of your people."
Logged
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 06:06:36 AM »

As Dacien greets wingtip Vold returns the handshake, eyeing Ultime warily on hearing the word Mage. He's impressed by the strength in the Genasi's grip

I'm Vold with Crookednose, once hunter and warrior of the sandy Mastadon people. Now avenger of their blood and seeker of a coward who leads from the rear.

Vold puts his right hand on his belt and waits for the guards men's final verdict, stamping his feet impatiently. His left hand is at his side ready to unleash his mace at a moments notice should the decision not be to his liking.
Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1666


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 06:16:57 AM »

"Aye tis smart man who waits for an all clear before bounding off to find more trouble" I give a quick look to vold to see if any of that made sense to him and try to rephrase "Maybe it would be better for the woman to say you were free to go before we leave."

I knell down and spring into the air I use my wings to carry me up to Vold's broken horn.

"You poor creature what happened here?"
Heal check to see if there is anything that can be done to help with pain or mending the horn 13+7= 20
Quote from: Wingtip: rolled 1d20: 13
Reference: Wingtip
You rolled 1d20: 13 | [ 13 ] 13
[/color]

"By Corellons grace you should no longer have to suffer." With my hands on the horn I turn towards the heavans once more "Father protect this man in his forth coming danger for I fear I may not be enough."
Vold has gained my fathers blessing and get's a +1 to all defenses till the end of his/our first encounter.

Having tended to the minotaur I step off his horn and gently glide down to the ships deck positioning my self between Vold and the woman. I see the genassi I shared a ship with and return his greeting.

"Well meet Dacian was it? You can rest a sure that my people hail from Nautilus yet we live in many places. I do not hail from thy home land but I wish to visit it some day. The name is Wingtip, Son of Corellon. My father saw fit to grace me with the rare honor. Very few of my kind are ever seen fit to be given the title I have achieved in his name."

Finally I focus back on the genassi woman.

Diplomacy check to see if we are free to go 26
Quote from: Wingtip: rolled 1d20+9: 26
Reference: Wingtip
You rolled 1d20+9: 26 | [ 17 ] 17+9
[/color]

"Surely the republic has better things to do that hold this oaf and sword point. We can keep a watchful eye on him for you."
Logged

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 06:29:55 AM »

Vold rubs the stump of his broken horn. Although it was an old wound it did often ache, now it feels as good as new, albeit still unbalanced. As the Paladin glides away, the Minotaur glances upward quizzically.

You've my thanks, Pick-see, and to, uh, your Pa as well.

As wingtip addresses the guardswoman Vold's eyebrow raises at the word "oaf" but his eyes twinkle with amusement. He's really quite fascinated by this small armored creature.
Logged

Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 08:51:23 AM »

{Excellent role-playing guys!

Dacian, you perceive the Genasi woman to be a less-traveled officer, likely not having served a tour on one of the Republic's vessels. As such, she is probably a Sergeant of the Honor Guard.

Ultime, your crystal ball tells you that you are on the correct path, but the magic of Adamant is somehow interfering with your arcane senses, keeping you from properly discerning the changing fate.

Wingtip, despite your efforts you realize that the wound on Vold's horn is a long-healed one beyond your skill.

Also, your Diplomacy check successfully pacifies the Genasi Honor Guard and her fellow troops.}


The Sergeant holsters her longsword and beckons her two companions away from Vold. She nods at Wingtip in confirmation of his request, then stares warily at Vold for a moment longer. As her mooks move on, she stops perpendicular to Dacian, and utters a language incomprehensible to the Pixie or Minotaur; it is chaotic and guttural, reverberating in their very souls as something un-Worldly. Dacian however, even if he himself had not spoken it in some time or ever before, immediately feels his cool blood boil as the words of his race's ancient origins wash over him; the language of Primordial,

"I leave him to you, Far-Scout Imperial. May your eyes not be blind should he be untrustworthy."

With that, the Genasi woman marches on, passing by the Tiefling mage without a second glance, leaving the four to themselves as the dock workers finish up clearing the toppled and broken crates.


{From here, you can decide whether to make your way to one of the specific wards or marketplaces, or to gather information. Currently, you are in the shipyard docks of Kynach, bordering between the run down Tula Ward and the less-so Loreh Ward.}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1666


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 09:23:58 AM »

I flare my wings.

Intimidate check on the genassi woman walking away 25
Quote from: Wingtip: rolled 1d20+9: 25
Reference: Wingtip
You rolled 1d20+9: 25 | [ 16 ] 16+9
[/color]

"Yeah that's right you better keep walking unless you want to learn why they call me the winged blade of Corellon"

I turn to Vold.

"You need not address me as Pixie just when you speak of my people we hate being called faeries or butterflies and things of that nature. You may call me wing. Now this creature you're looking for it might be best if we try to find a bit more about him before we charge after him. I know how much you like to charge into battle but my father cannot grant me all of his wisdom this is information we need from others."
Logged

sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 711



View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 09:40:36 AM »

I galnce back over my shoulder at the retreating guard;

"It seems, Minotaur, that you have been released upon my trust, and since you have not yet earned it, we are forced to be companions for a short while, at least until you can disprove the reputation others of your race have already earned you.
Luckily for you my mission here is specific and yet vague at the same time, and thus my stewardship of you shall not be a burden unto me... yet.

Where are you bound? I would suggest procuring lodgings and getting a decent meal should be the order of the day, that airship fare was poor at best and I find my stomach grumbling with me already."
Logged
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »

Vold pulls a torn slate grey piece of cloth from the pouch on his belt, on it is the symbol of bane, and beneath, although partially torn and obscured by green orc blood, the image of a horse.

"I took this off one of the band that sacked my tribe. As I tracked them, elves I met told me who this symbol belonged to. As j searched, i I saw it again on one of these crates and climbed onto that idiotic flying device."

{Vold does a nature check to look for food}
Quote from: Vold rolled a nature check: rolled 1d20 + 7: 12
Reference: Vold rolled a nature check
You rolled 1d20 + 7: 12 | [ 5 ] 5 + 7

The Minotaur sniffs the air, then shakes his head in disgust
"i smell food, but I'm unsure where, blast these unfamiliar smells, I doubt i could even track a crippled bear on this hard ground either.

I'd be agreeable with following you lot, you're the first civilized who haven't fled from me or pointed something sharp at me since I left the mountains. Even the wild elves I met seemed eager for me to leave their camp.

Once I find the home of this king though, you'd best take your leave. My aim is to fight him man to man, unless of course, your grudge be greater than mine.
 



Vold folds his arms and glares at nothing in particular.

" my issue with him is great though, and my rage will be terrible"

{Vold doesn't quite realize that the Berzerker king might live in a castle surrounded by guards, he pictures him as just another chieftain and expects to walk into his tent and fight one on one}
Logged

sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 711



View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 03:43:25 PM »

"Then I suggest talking to the ships crew or at least the harbourmaster, to determine where the crates with that symbol are bound.
Alternatively you could crack one open for a look, but thats going to bring those guards back and get me into trouble, you wouldn't want that would you?
Can I inspect the cloth for a second or two?"


{History check to determine if I recognize the symbol from my previous dealings - 17}
Quote from: Dacian - History on Volds scrap of cloth: rolled 1d20+9: 17
Reference: Dacian - History on Volds scrap of cloth
You rolled 1d20+9: 17 | [ 8 ] 8+9
Logged
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 03:54:31 PM »

{Unfortunately for you Wingtip, but to the luck of the others, your voice doesn't carry across the din of the shipyard. This is probably for the better, though, since your taunt would have spurred the Sergeant to arrest you.

Vold, your sensitive snout is overwhelmed by the pungent odors of this new land, of all the machinery, woodwork, and people.

Dacian, you recall that the horse is the symbol of Magnus the Steed, and that the symbol of Bane is indicative of King Nero Ouros the Carnifax, but you can't determine if this is an Ouros Militia insignia or simply a cloth of the Kingdom of Angea.}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1666


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 04:17:41 PM »

"If woman calls me a fairy next time we meet I may not be so kind." I look at the cloth and can already tell it's like nothing I've seen before. This symbol is strange to me unlike anything I've encountered. "Vold I respect your wish to fight this creature alone but would be remis if I didn't at least acompany you. If for nothing else to be sure you are extended the courtesy"

Looking around this place seemed rather large and in my armor it is hard to sustain flight for long periods of time.

"Tell me Vold while we search the town for this man would you mind terribly if i rested a bit on your horn? Before we leave I do have business to attend to at my fathers temple but that can wait for now."
Logged

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors
***
Posts: 398


View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »

Still looking into his crystal ball and frowning slightly, Ultime walks around the docks area for a few minutes before almost running into the young man he was speaking towards earlier. Catching himself, he stops short and starts speaking quickly.

"My apologies. I wasn't paying attention. You see, I'm just trying to track down some interesting anomalies I discovered while studying the movement of certain astral bodies indicating that... well you probably wouldn't care. Do any of you happen to know where a traveler could find some lodging in the city?"

As he asks his question, he lowers his crystal and glances up, actually taking in the sight before him. Realizing that none of those he is speaking to seem to be natives of Adamant, he clears his throat and continues on.

"Ah, well, pardon me again. I didn't realize I was speaking to more travelers. Hmmm... It is interesting that, despite the gathering that is soon to occur, we four ran into each other here on the docks. We're only missing someone from Valestia and a native to the republic then. Interesting... Quite interesting..."
Logged
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 07:02:32 PM »

Vold carefully considers the paladin, no longer with awe and wonder, but the look of one sizing up a potential ally, clearly though he is small, his mettle would rival any fighter.
 He pulls a leather thong from his belt and ties it around the base of his horns, leaving ample length on the end for a small rider to steady himself with

Vold pats his head with a grin, happy to have found a friend at last.
"weary eh? All that metal must weigh a fellow down,

climb aboard friend! Just show mercy with your spurs should I not be a swift enough steed for you"


As wingtip makes himself comfortable, Vold's grin disappears.

" I'd be pleased to have an ally to clear out my enemy's rabble should he turn coward and refuse to face me. And fear not, should anyone call you fair-ree, I'll decorate the ground with his brains and make you a saddle from his face."
Logged

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1666


Wingtip aspires to greatness


View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 07:11:11 PM »

"Thank you . . .  friend" This is a word I've not used in sometime. It's be many years since I've had someone to call friend.

"You are a kind and genital man yet your rage and anger make you rash and impulsive . . .  I think we'll make excellent allies. Now . . ." my eyes begin to droop and I let out a long yawn"where are we . . ."My head drops and fall asleep. It has been a while since I've slept and in Volds care I feel protected enough to drop my guard for a moment.

I'll be afk for a while just assume I'm asleep until i make it back to my computer.
Logged

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1431



View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 07:46:46 PM »

As the pixie slumbers, Vold follows Dacien to listen to Ultime, the teifling's horns interest him and the talk of astral bodies stirs his memory.

"the stars aye? Fire in his fists, our tribe's shaman spent much time staring at the night sky, he once talked about an alignment of lights that would be of some importance, our decision to make the mountains our home when fleeing the desert was his, so he could get a better look at 'em"

Vold cocks his head to the side, careful not to disturb wingtip,

" what manner'a beast are you? I often saw goats with horns like yours, but never one with the face of a man, and certainly never one that could stand or speak

Vold looks down at Ultime's feet, fully expecting to see cloven hooves like his own, and is disappointed to not see them
Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!