Major Spoilers Forum
August 31, 2014, 03:29:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel comic better now then ever before...  (Read 3907 times)
_brad_
Sleestak

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2012, 09:08:28 PM »

So I was listing to the podcast talking about Age of Apocalypse, and it got me thinking I have never read the whole series of that, so I started picking it up to finish it. Bit I also started reading the New x-men series, Avengers, Cable, and Avengers arena, and wow I am impressed so far, the Story, the Art, and it is all put together very well, better then anytime I could remember. Granted I stopped reading comic for about 5 years, and I thought since I am working on getting into the business because I love telling stories, I should read more, and It was a good time to Jump in the Marvel universe again, and I am loving it.

Anyone else think the same as me or not, please share your thoughts on how the new stuff is turning out.

Marvel2099
V

Spider-Man is still trying to headbutt Wolerine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 04:01:11 AM »

Marvel Now and all its titles are great.  The only issue I can see are for the long term readers.  For example the Avengers comic is slowly turning into the movie universe.  This is pointed out in the reviews.  In issue #2 they went around asking heroes to join the Avengers, even though they're already partof the Avengers.  Also over small changes.  The Hulk/Banner were on speaking terms at the end of Incredible Hulk, now Banner doesn't seem to control the changes anymore and the Hulk has said two words in both issues.

Marvel Now is a great jumping on point for new readers, but it can be a bit confusing for longer term readers.  I am still waiting for my Amazing Spiderman #700 to see how they are planning to finish the series and how Supreme Spiderman will take over next year.

If I had the powers of Multiple Man, I would send one of the dupes to work, one to revise, one to clean my room and one to walk the dog.  While I would stay at home reading comics.
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 01:14:36 PM »

The early showing for NOW! is wonderful.

I won't go as far as saying its "better than ever before" but I've been reading for awhile.

I can see the comparisons to the Avengers movie universe in that one book, but with 5 different Avengers titles I think that's okay Smiley

Extremes are always wrong.
SpiderLover
Dragonborn Multiclass Fighter/Warlock

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 12:17:43 AM »

This got me to thinking about re-powering up some villains. With Marvel now can't we go back to smaller villains like the wizard or dr. claw. Making them actually get some sort of offense in while, letting guys like Dr. Doom not only get the upper hand but win more often than not. Now yes superheroes are supposed to win in the end and thats great, but  having the villain go over isn't a horrible idea. Spider-man isn't far off from that concept except they went to the extreme.
SmarkingOutAdam
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 09:24:01 AM »

I don't know if it is better than ever before, because I don't have the frame of reference for that.  I bought comics extensively in the late 80's though the mid 90's, then quit until recently when my 4 year old son got excited about Marvel cartoons and reminded me how much I loved comics.  That led me to this podcast, which led to purchasing comics again.  While I can't say that things are better than ever before, I can certainly say that I enjoy it more than I ever did.  I also have a subscription to the Marvel Unlimited thing where you can read tons of back issues.  I find that the further I go back, the less I enjoy most of the comics.  That certainly isn't across the board, but I like the newer art and the newer writing style as a whole.  Unlimited has been great for someone who has missed so much because I've been able to watch it all evolve.  I know what I like, and we happen to be in a real prime time for the kind of stuff I like right now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: