Major Spoilers Forum
July 31, 2014, 08:43:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-OOC thread  (Read 29894 times)
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: January 22, 2013, 08:56:22 PM »

It's not difficult Terrain because plenty of powers allow PC's to move through enemy squares and don't cost any extra movement. If i moved into the square yes it would draw and attack of oppertunity if I shift into the enemy square then I'm free and clear.

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 23, 2013, 01:00:02 AM »

Yes but powers break the normal rules.  We're talking about simple movement actions. 

I'd say that a tiny creature moving into another creatures square would be equivalent to a squeeze past two adjacent enemies.  You can do that can't you?

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 23, 2013, 01:17:00 AM »

I wouldn't have to squeeze by anything though. I'm about the size of a house cat maybe even smaller. I can easily move through spaces that other creatures share with out an issue. Them getting the opportunity attack against me is my punishment for attempting to move into the square they're in. Either way I don't really play to be sharing an enemy square all that much. There is also no official rule about entering an enemy's square being difficult terrain because other creatures that are tiny would be at a huge disadvantage.

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 23, 2013, 01:48:03 AM »

You have to "squeeze" past the enemies sword.  I could see no more difficult terrain then an enemy occupied square.

Mind you I haven't looked at the rules, it just doesn't sound right.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 23, 2013, 02:03:28 AM »

You have to "squeeze" past the enemies sword.  I could see no more difficult terrain then an enemy occupied square.

Mind you I haven't looked at the rules, it just doesn't sound right.

I've read every rule in the compendium I can think of involving movement and none of them list any type of penalty for moving into an enemy square. Difficult Terrain is more about the environment making it harder for you to move around. Creatures get opportunity attacks that's how they make it harder to move around.

A normal Tiny creature has a reach of 0 meaning it must be in the same square as it's enemy in order to attack it. Pixies are special and get a reach of 1 so we can attack like any normal PC.

On a side note if it was listed as difficult terrain I could fly into the enemy's square and then the terrain wouldn't matter.

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 23, 2013, 02:27:10 AM »

How do you figure?  Just cause your not touching the ground doesn't exempt you from aoa does it?

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 23, 2013, 02:39:13 AM »

How do you figure?  Just cause your not touching the ground doesn't exempt you from aoa does it?

I can still be hit by an attack of opportunity but if I'm flying I would ignore terrain.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: January 23, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »

Okay, I wanna use my hand axe, so I'll be rolling 1d20+5 (strength) +1 for group hi-five, then 1d6+3 hi-5 damage, I presume I don't have proficency with it as I can only have it with the maul I believe, do I have it right?

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: January 23, 2013, 07:17:14 PM »

Oh, and I'm gonna throw it, forgot to add that.

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 23, 2013, 07:36:46 PM »

Here's how your handaxe attack looks:
+5 (Str mod) +2 (proficiency) +1 (Power bonus) -2 (long range)=1d20+6

Now, handaxes have range 5/10 as a Heavy Thrown weapon, meaning any target between 6-10 squares from you places a penalty on your attack.

On a hit:
1d6+8 (Str mod + Power bonus)

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 23, 2013, 07:43:22 PM »

Your actually better off maneuvering 6 squares into the same row as the Archer, then using Howling Strike:
Attack breakdown (1d20+5 (Str mod) +2 (proficiency) +1 (Enhancement) +1 (Power bonus) +1 (Charge)) = 1d20+10

Damage breakdown (3d6+5 (Str mod) +1 (Enhancement) + 3 (Power bonus)) = 3d6+9

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: January 23, 2013, 08:04:51 PM »

That makes more sense from. RP perspective anyway, Vold's an up close kinda guy. Just didnt think I was close enough for another charge

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 23, 2013, 08:50:26 PM »

If the pixie can charge the minotaur should be able to charge.  Wink

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 23, 2013, 09:19:51 PM »

but if I'm flying I would ignore terrain.

Terrain not equals floor

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 23, 2013, 10:47:00 PM »

Terrain not equals floor

Yes actually Terrain is floor or ground for that matter. I can post the compendium rules later if you would like to read them on flying, difficult terrain, combat advantage, flanking, and what ever else suits your fancy.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: