Major Spoilers Forum
April 23, 2014, 12:07:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Have a question for Matthew, Stephen and Rodrigo? Send it to podcast@majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-OOC thread  (Read 24360 times)
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 17, 2013, 02:24:34 PM »

Yeah, I was trying to emulate the blue mist in the environment. I was aware that it might've been an issue, but I was hoping it wouldn't be. I'm still looking at the Grid and trying to figure it out.

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 17, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »

I think deep down Nav wants to play.

Navarre
« Reply #437 on: January 17, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »

I do!!

But I'm not gonna. I really think I need to find things to do for a while that are not D&D related.

As much as I'd like to play, I think I need to get the rest of my life in order. Besides, I'm probably moving to a new state in a month or so and I expect that to be pretty time-consuming.

But...yeah. #wannaplay
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 17, 2013, 06:25:22 PM »

And you're always welcome to join, Nav, whenever you are ready.  Smiley

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 17, 2013, 08:44:50 PM »

And you're always welcome to join, Nav, whenever you are ready.  Smiley

One of us! One of us!

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 18, 2013, 03:36:06 PM »

I've seen Digisam on a few times. But he still hasn't posted his turn yet  Undecided

On an off topic note is it just me or does anyone else get the moment from big daddy like i do when ever i see Digisam's name.

I've always wanted to post "I'm Digisteve, Digisam's father." It made me LOL a few times just thinking about it so i thought i would share.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 18, 2013, 08:04:37 PM »

I remember GeorgeDubya saying that after today he would be on a different shift, so hopefully he'll be on again soon.

Not near a computer at the moment, can't access the grid.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 20, 2013, 02:19:02 PM »

I don't have a true ruling on how Combat Advantage would work in that situation. My personal feeling is I shouldn't gain or grant combat advantage if I'm in a square with a creature. Forgive me if the wording has been changed in the errata but I always have considered flanking to be 1 creature in the middle and 2 creatures on opposite sides. While the imagery is funny and I no doubt have some of his attention in the square he shares I don't think it's "Fair" to have me count as flanking when I'm in the square with a creature.

I'd have to reread a few rules to have a better understanding of how that works but I'm trying to do a few last minuet things for my home game which is in about 3.5 hours so I just don't have the time do that right now. I say it's your call Eothr unless someone else knows for sure how it works.

sliksham
Denver

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 20, 2013, 03:17:20 PM »

My call would be as you have it Eothr, adjacent and flanking are not the same thing.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 20, 2013, 03:25:03 PM »

My call would be as you have it Eothr, adjacent and flanking are not the same thing.

Yeah I agree. I don't see how I can flank something that I share a square with.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 22, 2013, 11:12:31 AM »

{According to my interpretation of the rules, a Tiny creature within the space of a Medium creature is considered "adjacent" to that creature, and since 4 Tiny creatures fit in a single, Medium square, it's relative; ergo, Wingtip would be flanking with any other PC adjacent to the creature whose space he would be sharing, but the other PC would not be considered flanking.

Does this sound right?}

Yes I am Adjacent to any creature I share a square with as part of the rules more specifically it's under the pixie's description.

This is how Flanking reads in the Compendium. Based on this since I'm not on an opposite side of the creature I share a square with I would say no Flanking bonus. It's a cool idea and all but it would feel cheep for me to use it even if I could as part of the rules.

Flanking

One of the simplest ways for two allied creatures to gain combat advantage is for them to take up flanking positions adjacent to an enemy.

Combat Advantage: A creature has combat advantage against any enemy it flanks.

Opposite Sides: To flank an enemy, a creature and at least one of its allies must be adjacent to the enemy and on opposite sides or corners of the enemy’s space. When in doubt about whether two creatures flank an enemy, trace an imaginary line between the centers of the creatures’ spaces. If the line passes through opposite sides or corners of the enemy’s space, the enemy is flanked.

Large, Huge, and Gargantuan Creatures: A Large or larger creature is flanking as long as at least one square of its space qualifies for flanking.

Restrictions: A creature cannot flank an enemy that it can’t see. A creature also cannot flank while it is subject to any effect that prevents it from taking actions. If no line of effect exists between a creature and its enemy, the creature cannot flank the enemy.

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 22, 2013, 04:17:10 PM »

So could you pick a square for flanking purposes?  Days the rogue with sneak attack relying on CA?

So what is the advantage of being in there square?

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 22, 2013, 04:24:21 PM »

For a Pixie PC, there isn't a real advantage to sharing a space, but Tiny characters are otherwise supposed to have a reach of 0; meaning they can only attack in their same squares (so if, for example, I decide to send a horde of zombie-house cats after you guys, keep adjacent to them)

Now, I might house rule a few consequences for sharing a space (but I won't), like an attack that misses the enemy being directed at the ally.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 22, 2013, 06:07:54 PM »

So could you pick a square for flanking purposes?  Days the rogue with sneak attack relying on CA?

So what is the advantage of being in there square?

First yes in order to apply your sneak attack damage you must have Combat Advantage against the target. Which once per encounter you can make a Bluff check to gain Combat Advantage or the easiest way is to Flank something. There are other ways to get Combat Advantage. Melee attacking a prone target or using an ablity that grants you Combat Advantage.

2nd the only Advantage for me being in the enemys square would be for say my divine sancation after i use Majestic Halo or any other power that hits all adjacent enemys. Even though I share a square with him the power would still hit because he's adjacent.

But no as a Pixie I cannot flank something that I share a square with because as the rules are written I have to be on an oppside side of an ally with the creature in the middle.

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 22, 2013, 08:31:56 PM »

So would moving into an enemy square involk an aoa?  Surely it would be difficult terrain.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: