Major Spoilers Forum
April 24, 2014, 06:19:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-OOC thread  (Read 24466 times)
sliksham
Denver

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2013, 05:03:31 PM »

you don't have to end a charge adjacent, just in weapon range.
The only rules for charge are you must be at least 2 squares away and each square of movement has to take you closer to the enemy.
sliksham
Denver

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2013, 05:21:48 PM »

ok my bull headed friend, have another go at the tricksy elfses
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »

Well, with a +8 base attack, he'll be at +15 for the roll; pending he doesn't nat1, he'll end up dealing 2d6 + 10 damage [Str (5) + Enh (1) + Tact (4)]

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 13, 2013, 01:12:23 AM »

Just need DigiSam and GeorgeDubya to post their turns.

Hey Rev, by your interpretation of the rules, is a Divine Boon given to a specific PC or the Party as a whole? I know Ket had the Raven Queen's Shroud as a magic item until he got blacklisted, but the picture on page 139 of the DMG2 is confusing me.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 13, 2013, 02:35:23 AM »

They way it reads to me is that a Divine Boon is give to a character for very specific important events. For example in game Corellon might approach Wingtip before the tournament on sephraim and give him some sort of Divine Boon. Alternatively if Wing finds out that a temple of Corellon is about to be destroyed and would like to put a stop to it. Corellon might appear and grant him a Divine Boon.

I take it to mean that the party member who would actually be doing something intentionally to benefit at god or more importantly his/her own good and they Deity considers it extremely important that's when a boon should be granted. Each party member could have there own boon but I don't think that each party member gets the same boon. At least it didn't read that way to me.

If you want to give the party a Boon then it would probably be best to custom make one that's similar to one of the Legendary Boons on page 143-144

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 13, 2013, 03:52:54 AM »

They way it reads to me is that a Divine Boon is give to a character for very specific important events. For example in our game Corellon might approach Wingtip before the tournament on sephraim and give him some sort of Divine Boon. Alternatively if Wing finds out that a temple of Corellon is about to be destroyed and would like to put a stop to it. Corellon might appear and grant him a Divine Boon.

I take it to mean that the party member who would actually be doing something intentionally to benefit a god or more importantly his/her own god and the Deity considers it extremely important that's when a boon should be granted. Each party member could have there own boon but I don't think that each party member gets the same boon. At least it didn't read that way to me.

If you want to give the whole party one Boon to share then it would probably be best to custom make one that's similar to one of the Legendary Boons on page 143-144

^^ I think i fixed the most of the issues in this but It's 5am and I'm really tired so there are probably things that are still going to read wrong.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 13, 2013, 09:13:39 PM »

Thanks for the advice, Rev.

I had a thought; if this game goes well enough, should I make it "Living"?

I'm in the process of getting materials needed to run a group IRL. I think it would be interesting to work off 2 groups in the same Campaign...

Navarre
« Reply #352 on: January 13, 2013, 09:17:52 PM »

I was running my PbP game at the same time as my irl game. They were not the same campaign but they were both fun.

In the future I intend to run an irl campaign of the Shadow War though. I'll clean up a few things I'd like to improve (namely making sure the PCs don't kill my final villain halfway through the campaign!) and see how the two compare when it's all over.
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 13, 2013, 09:27:24 PM »

That sounds like a blast!

My PbP heroes are the "Chosen Ones" as it were, but it wouldn't be a stretch to have another group assist, compete with, or even antagonize the efforts of the group on here. It's really got me thinking!

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 13, 2013, 10:33:19 PM »

Even running the same game that you're runnin here as a PBP and switching it to an IRL game it will be a completely different experence. The hard thing about having the game "Living" is that one group may advance faster than the other and wouldn't be able to maybe play on silly interactions with each other.

Living games take a lot more work and effort in keeping teak of everything that has happened. Just keep that in mind if you decided to undertake that challenge.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 13, 2013, 10:37:24 PM »

That's definitely true.

I'm going to run a single-level campaign with pre-gens first, to get a feel for the players. I may determine that "Age of the Guardians" isn't for them.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: January 13, 2013, 11:48:19 PM »

That sounds like a blast!

My PbP heroes are the "Chosen Ones" as it were, but it wouldn't be a stretch to have another group assist, compete with, or even antagonize the efforts of the group on here. It's really got me thinking!

You talking about something like "how the other half lives" on CE?

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 14, 2013, 12:24:23 AM »

Just set it in your world.  It doesn't have to be the same time, place or dimension.  I think you've got a cool sandbox though, I'd use it. 

You could do some cool interaction stuff between the groups it's true, but you'd want to take time out of the equation somehow.  Pbps move incredibly slow.

DigiSam
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 14, 2013, 07:17:47 AM »

Hey sorry not popsted recently, been laid up in hospital. will post turn now
sliksham
Denver

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 14, 2013, 07:33:40 AM »

Just set it in your world.  It doesn't have to be the same time, place or dimension.  I think you've got a cool sandbox though, I'd use it. 

You could do some cool interaction stuff between the groups it's true, but you'd want to take time out of the equation somehow.  Pbps move incredibly slow.

I have 2 IRL games that I DM for, both of which are playing the 'same' campaign, but from different angles. The PC's work for an Majordomo and drive where their characters go / do from a list of options as usual, but the option list is wider and is shared between the groups, I've even had players jump between groups at milestones.
Both parties progression is pretty similar, thankfully, and both drive the world and possible futures for each other.
Its like juggling chainsaws whilst ice-skating, but its fun.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: