Major Spoilers Forum
April 23, 2014, 10:14:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-OOC thread  (Read 24422 times)
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 11, 2013, 11:27:16 PM »

Sorry guys, but I'm going ahead at this point.

However, this will be the only time I go ahead without one of the player's initiative; I hate taking away a player's option forcefully. Sad Sad Sad

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2013, 01:15:32 AM »

That's a dms job mate.  I usually give a time limit if the game is waiting on someone.  Pbps die when you sit around waiting for everyone's roll.  Don't let the majority be punished for the minority but try be as fair as possible.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2013, 01:30:58 AM »

I meant nothing of the sort. By all means skip his init roll. I only meant maybe we should give him till Monday before we actually start the combat and if he hasn't posted anything by then we'll just have to move along as a group of 5 for the time being.

I agree with Tonid- we can only wait for so long before we have to just move on or the game will wither and die. I'm only suggesting we wait for another day or two if you feel we've waited long enough and want to move on then that is your call.

Either way don't feel bad. My little brother just abandon my home game. Players drop out of games all the time it's just part of playing.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2013, 01:35:50 AM »

Yeah, we can wait.

The map is up, and the party has Initiative; you guys have free reign.

I find myself more and more worried about Strifeter, too...

On a plus note, I picked up the Dungeon Master's Guide 2 for 4E, completing the Core Rules 2 set of mine. I'm actually getting some acetate markers and a mat, and preparing to LFG at a comic store in the nearby big city.

sliksham
Denver

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2013, 03:09:04 AM »

I'm trying not to be meta-gamey, but we do have some idea of how to fight, if not very well together...

So, whats the thinking with regard to this combat then?
I'm a great advocate of focus fire, but the archers might prove to be a pain in the arse while we deal with the closer issues, I think we can get rid of 1 or possibly 2 of the cats in our turn, as long as we hit Smiley
Brin is in immediate danger so maybe start with his opponent?
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2013, 03:25:44 AM »

They cats are a bitch. I use then against my PCs all the time fey step and can knock you prone when they charge. In this combat ideally I'll actually get to use my pally agro abilities to tie a few of them up so they will hopefully focus more on me.

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2013, 08:32:24 AM »

Wow, not a great start....at least someone will get Flanking.

Ps: I know that I will invoke but I was hoping to roll much better with my attacks and hit him with the immediate interrupt from my power....woefully wrong this time.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2013, 08:49:53 AM »

Move your self on the map and re post so there is an updated map to work with. Having an up to date map will help make sure they next player doesn't have to track all of our movements cause they'll already be accounted for.

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2013, 09:39:23 AM »

Too hard on the iPhone, and its way past my bed time sorry, hopefully someone will move for me.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 12, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »

Yeah, the d39 Grid is not iPhone friendly. I can't get to a comp at the moment, and I forget the Fey Panther's attack bonus for the opportunity attack against Brin...

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2013, 01:09:54 PM »

Did they change the rules on charge. I though you had to stop when you reached the creature. Vold would have to back up to charge 2 squared ending his movement at either L9 or L10 depending on where he wanted to go. There should be no opportunity attack. because he has to stop in the nearest adjacent square. Or at least that's how I thought charge worked.

He could either do this move

Vold moves E, W, W (3 squares) to L9

Or this move.

Vold moves SE, W, W (3 squares) to L10

I'm almost positive that he cannot end his charge on the other side of the enemy. Even more so I don't think Vold is allowed to move through an enemy square. 2 medium creatures cannot share the same space and you can only move through friendly creatures squares.

Those are the rules as I knew them unless they've changed in the in the errata.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2013, 01:12:28 PM »

They didn't change the rules.

However, this does fall under the "rule of cool", and it makes narrative sense.

If you want, Cowboy Centaur, you can request to be moved back, and I will null the opportunity attack.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: January 12, 2013, 02:48:26 PM »

Eh, it's no biggie, I don't really know why I thought I could do that, I'll take my lumps and chalk it up to a learning experience, and hope Corellon appreciates my enthusiasm.

Besides it makes sense from a RP perspective for me to take a hit during a failed charge.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 12, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »

Cool.

I'll just sit here in the corner hugging my core rule book set rocking back and forth whispering to my self "it'll be ok".

Eothr says its cool so that's fine but my rules lawyer 1/2 of my brain is having a physocitioc break.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: January 12, 2013, 04:57:49 PM »

Hats because your lawful good and I'm just good. Just be glad they don't use chaotic good anymore or I'd really spin your head around, lol,

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: