Major Spoilers Forum
April 17, 2014, 10:14:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-OOC thread  (Read 23902 times)
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: January 06, 2013, 05:52:44 PM »

Brin is a doer not a talker.  If he wants your money he just takes it.  I don't think he sees pelts as money though.

Makes sense, I don't know that anyone else who he's tossed one to recognizes them as money either though, lol!

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 06, 2013, 06:06:17 PM »

Teifling Cleric main weapon scythe Deity of choice Raven Queen.

I was able to RP a cleric who was in essence the grim reaper yet took life from others to heal his allies. Turned out to be a lot of fun.

That sounds badass. The PHB Races: Tiefling book has the Turathi Weapon Training, which allows a Tiefling scythe wielder +2 feat bonus to damage, which is awesome.

I missed that Feat I never saw it. Thought generally I was more concerned with making my heals stronger since the party was reckless and more then once I was a step away from death in the middle of a fight and I had 2 critically wounded party members to heal up as well.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: January 06, 2013, 06:07:34 PM »

Then, to spend some time;

What is your favorite 4E race(s)?
What is your favorite 4E class(es)?
What is your favorite kind of weapon?

Mine are:
Dragonborn
Paladin, Sorcerer, & Warlord
I love swords (sword & shield, greatsword, hand-and-a-half sword, etc.)

I really want to try either a shard mind or a changeling as a dual wielding ranger,

Vold's actually the first character I've ever played, I started out DMing my other game ^__^

I'd like to try maybe a gnome Artificiar or a war forged sometime, it'd be cool to team up with another player as the warforged an the guy that created him.

I really prefer blunt objects for combat, they never get dull, and they never run out of ammo

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 07, 2013, 11:14:19 AM »

Gonna give GeorgeDubya one more day to post. After that, we're moving on to Corellon's Shrine and the next encounter.

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 07, 2013, 11:55:35 AM »

I like that everyone thinks that Wings real dad is going to be at the shrine/temple instead of just a likeness of Corellon. Wingtip is really annoyed that no one understands.  Grin

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: January 07, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »

Lol, yeah I like it too

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 09, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »

Need more RP, but not from NPCs  Tongue

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: January 09, 2013, 06:57:20 PM »

I'm tying hard not to hog it all just becouse I can post whenever I want from my phone,  Cry

'Cmon guys!

Navarre
« Reply #293 on: January 09, 2013, 06:59:52 PM »

Suggestion: Rework exposition from NPCs instead into open-ended dialogue between the NPCs and PCs. Instead of an NPC making statements about each other, have them speak more to the PCs with open-ended questions or by making statements that still deliver the information needed but as replies (that lead to the next dialog exchange) instead of soliloquies. As I know you are aware, NPCs should facilitate the story, not be the story.
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 09, 2013, 07:17:47 PM »

Suggestion: Rework exposition from NPCs instead into open-ended dialogue between the NPCs and PCs. Instead of an NPC making statements about each other, have them speak more to the PCs with open-ended questions or by making statements that still deliver the information needed but as replies (that lead to the next dialog exchange) instead of soliloquies. As I know you are aware, NPCs should facilitate the story, not be the story.

Yeah I know, I'm using the NPCs for world building at this time. I know the two current goals (one of which is tied to Runeblade's reason for showing up), but I'm wanting for some input on the others parts. I feel bad at how little interaction the rest of the party has (Wingtip and Vold have dynamically secured their places in the group), but Dacian and Brin are both fairly serious, comparatively, and the 2 magicky guys haven't had as much limelight.

So, I'm just feeling the impatience, a little bit.

Navarre
« Reply #295 on: January 09, 2013, 07:24:46 PM »

I think some players naturally step into the spotlight all on their own because of, usually, their personality. Others have to have more built around them.

I try to get a real feeling for what motivates a PC (and the player) and bring those elements in. But sometimes maybe a scene just isn't as focused on a given PC.
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 09, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »

Yeah. Right now we're in a specific place for a PC's "quest item", for lack of a better term, and it's kinda narrow in topic right now; but any questions asked to the NPC are a way for me to give in-game information that can then determine group options.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 09, 2013, 07:52:12 PM »

Grin I'm at work so its hard to post right now other wise I would be attempting to progress the game.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 09, 2013, 10:20:44 PM »

Question for the DM before I attempt to post something awesome. Are ok using the Astral sea or do you have some other place in mind where the gods live? It will affect what my sent story post is so when ever you get a chance to get back to me that would be great.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 09, 2013, 10:36:05 PM »

Good question, Rev.

For now, assume that all character knowledge about the gods is tentative, even Wingtip's. For now, where the gods exist is a mystery, and divine characters get mere glimpses of the realms of the gods.

If it comes to it, I will make a decision on the Astral Sea, if I include it in this game world.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: