Major Spoilers Forum
July 23, 2014, 11:17:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Have a question for Matthew, Stephen and Rodrigo? Send it to podcast@majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-OOC thread  (Read 29234 times)
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2013, 11:19:32 AM »

Eothr's put some time in giving us some guidelines for each of our regions, but we've each got our own little sandbox to play in as it were, I prefer the K.I.S.S. system for remembering my own backstory, "keep it simple stupid!"

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2013, 11:21:43 AM »

simply stupid is always easier Tongue
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2013, 11:25:54 AM »

Aww but I like complex backgrounds that allow me to explain everything away. I like the light/dark side banter too that's fun and intriguing since the only character Wingtip is really likes is vold. The rest he's just tolerating.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2013, 11:32:32 AM »

Aww but I like complex backgrounds that allow me to explain everything away. I like the light/dark side banter too that's fun and intriguing since the only character Wingtip is really likes is vold. The rest he's just tolerating.

I know!!  I'm loving that aspect of  their interaction

I'm hoping Vold's dislike of Brin will be the same amount of enjoyment, looking forward to more interaction between the streetwise city boy and hairy dude from the mountains

And I can't WAIT for the dwarf to get here, lol!

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2013, 11:40:02 AM »

One Tiny detail that Eothr left out of your Bloodclaw weapon. "use this power when you hit with this weapon"

You can only use the encounter power if you hit. So there is no risk of accidentally spending it and not getting the bonus damage out of it.

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2013, 12:02:06 PM »

I may not have worded it that way, but I presented generally the same concept

Okay. Makes sense.

In my game worlds I have spent a lot of time getting a player up to speed with the culture and customs of a new game world and, specifically, their home area. I was wondering why it seemed so much easier here.

Thanks.

Cause it's 4e duh!  Wink Everything is easier.

Now, now. There is no such thing as easier; everyone adapts differently to different games. For Navarre, who's been playing Dungeons & Dragons 3.5, can more easily explain the nuances of a Grapple against an opponent 2 sizes larger than the attacker while blind than he can the nuances of Utility Powers being either At-Will, Encounter, or Daily.

I can explain, in great detail, all the mechanical options of a 4E Dragonborn fulfilling any single class, but I'm utterly baffled by the prepared spells concept of 3.5.

See? Different adaptations for different people.

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2013, 12:12:33 PM »

I may not have worded it that way, but I presented generally the same concept

Okay. Makes sense.

In my game worlds I have spent a lot of time getting a player up to speed with the culture and customs of a new game world and, specifically, their home area. I was wondering why it seemed so much easier here.

Thanks.

Cause it's 4e duh!  Wink Everything is easier.

Now, now. There is no such thing as easier; everyone adapts differently to different games. For Navarre, who's been playing Dungeons & Dragons 3.5, can more easily explain the nuances of a Grapple against an opponent 2 sizes larger than the attacker while blind than he can the nuances of Utility Powers being either At-Will, Encounter, or Daily.

I can explain, in great detail, all the mechanical options of a 4E Dragonborn fulfilling any single class, but I'm utterly baffled by the prepared spells concept of 3.5.

See? Different adaptations for different people.

Nav knows I'm just yanking his chain. Believe me I've played 3.5e and 4e I know the complexity of both games and how hard some of the concepts can be to grasp when you're trying to teach someone a different rules set.

In my Home game i'm trying to introduce someone who's Played 2e for so long when he said he wanted to play a drow but couldn't be swordmage because of class restrictions. I had to remind him that this is 4e and there is no race/class/alinement restrictions anymore.

Navarre
« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2013, 01:06:02 PM »

Nav knows I'm just yanking his chain.

heh Yeah. Rev has made a new hobby of poking at me. T'is all good.   Smiley

Thanks for the support though, Eothr. DM Solidarity!

I do like that 4.0 has done away with class/race/alignment restrictions. Other than requiring my Paladins to be either lawful good or neutral good, I do not have any restrictions on what my players can play. The rules seem to have lightened up on such constraints over the years and I definitely approve of that.
DigiSam
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2013, 01:57:31 PM »

Can I ask if it is possible to use a less bright colour for the Dwarven Language as the particular yellow that the forums use can be very hard to distingush from the orange that is used at a glance. Also it is terrible bright.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »

Can I ask if it is possible to use a less bright colour for the Dwarven Language as the particular yellow that the forums use can be very hard to distingush from the orange that is used at a glance. Also it is terrible bright.

To get get gold instead of Yellow you can use the change color option and change Yellow (or whatever color you want to gold)

color=orange would instead ready color=gold just make sure it's in the  [] brackets and end it like normal with the /color in the [] brackets.

yellow
gold

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2013, 02:17:32 PM »

I think he means changing the color that identifies Dwarven rather than just how to change the color itself

He's right, that yellow is dang hard to see.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »

I think he means changing the color that identifies Dwarven rather than just how to change the color itself

He's right, that yellow is dang hard to see.

That's my point Dwarven is suppose to be in gold not yellow.

Gold is still a tad difficult but much easier on the eyes than yellow.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2013, 02:33:46 PM »

Oh, right, that is a good point

On a related note, start Rping already dude! Our party is dwarfless!!  Cry
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:36:12 PM by Cowboy Centaur » Logged

DigiSam
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2013, 02:45:29 PM »

My net has been down all day, and I was typing my first post when I can to the colour thing which I wanted to put across.
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2013, 02:54:44 PM »

Well there is beige, maroon, & navy

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: