Major Spoilers Forum
April 20, 2014, 04:13:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-OOC thread  (Read 24111 times)
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2013, 03:53:32 AM »

even more tragic considering Wing and I are now friends..

oh crap, did I say that in front of the DM? crap! why can't i quit typing! and hitting post! darn you dark side!!!!

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2013, 03:56:18 AM »

on an unrelated note, how about putting the color code for all the languages on the stickied thread DM? I'm presuming you're keeping that one clear for referance purposes?

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2013, 04:01:37 AM »

Yeah, probably should. Good suggestion.

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2013, 04:13:07 AM »

Gotta get some sleep, I have to be awake in 4 hours...ugh...

Night guys, really great job!! Grin

sliksham
Denver

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 03, 2013, 04:17:19 AM »

time for do some work methinks Smiley
Navarre
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2013, 08:52:17 AM »

"You all meet in a tavern. A fight ensues but friendships are formed as you discover (gasp) a plot."

Classic! *applause* I love it!  Smiley
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2013, 08:53:55 AM »

Yep!  That was the plan Grin

It all worked itself out, but I'm gonna seriously reconsider the next combat scenario

Navarre
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2013, 09:03:43 AM »

The whole PbP combat thing was a new challenge for me as well when I started. One of the ways I checked it out was by having a tournament in the town the party entered.

It not only gave us all a chance to test things out in a less plot-central environment but added some fun to the game as well.

You could always open a new thread and throw together a quick combat scenario that uses the PCs and some  random threat; nothing actually related to the game. Although it would break the momentum of the current game a bit, you could probably run a short one in a day and hammer down some mechanics.

But either way you're getting things worked out. No worries.
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2013, 09:10:37 AM »

Thanks Nav  Smiley

Navarre
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2013, 10:42:50 AM »

I'm curious, I see in-game the PCs make easy reference to things in the world such as other lands, organizations, rulerships, etc. Are the players ad-libbing a bit here or is there an information source about such things?
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2013, 10:57:04 AM »

I'm curious, I see in-game the PCs make easy reference to things in the world such as other lands, organizations, rulerships, etc. Are the players ad-libbing a bit here or is there an information source about such things?

Somethings come from our back story which some of us put up on the character dev thread. other things come from the World thread that is pinned. Part of my back story was sent strait to Eothr and after we visit Corellon's temple if he would like he can post it on the character dev thread since I no longer can see it and honestly forgot what most of it said. The rest of it yes we just make up as we go along and hope that Eothr is ready to roll with the punches. 4e allows a better system for the players as well as the DM to create the environment that they're playing in. Obviously if we did anything to outlandish Eothr would step in and smack us down.

sliksham
Denver

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2013, 10:58:35 AM »

on my part I'm making it up, based upon a certain set of criteria, I've assumed that if I overstep a boundary then I'll get kicked.
My character is based upon a Mam'luk so I'm throwing in a few Persian / Ottoman references with regard to my rank, military organisation etc.
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2013, 11:02:16 AM »

I'm making up all my tribal and Minotaur stuff except for the labyrinth fixation, anything other than age of the guardians facts that Eorhr made up and vague raven queen facts I'm flying by the seat of my pants.

That's the beauty of being an uncivilized loner, I can make a Minotaur that worships Elven death gods and hairy elephants

Navarre
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2013, 11:06:39 AM »

Okay. Makes sense.

In my game worlds I have spent a lot of time getting a player up to speed with the culture and customs of a new game world and, specifically, their home area. I was wondering why it seemed so much easier here.

Thanks.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2013, 11:15:24 AM »

Okay. Makes sense.

In my game worlds I have spent a lot of time getting a player up to speed with the culture and customs of a new game world and, specifically, their home area. I was wondering why it seemed so much easier here.

Thanks.

Cause it's 4e duh!  Wink Everything is easier.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: