Major Spoilers Forum
July 31, 2014, 02:36:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-OOC thread  (Read 29869 times)
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2013, 12:26:52 PM »

As long as Tonid- is fine with it I say roll with it for this combat but for next time if you're ever unsure about a rule check the source material or ask me I'm a bit of a Rules Snob for 4e. I'm always rereading the Combat section of the PHB to make sure what just happened was ok even in my home games.

Off topic even a seasoned DM like me self screws up once in a while. I missed the whole part about someone having to be helpless in order for a player to preform a Coup De Grace and ran 3 games where players were 1 hitting monsters cause I thought they would die if a player did more damage than 1/2 bloodied value in 1 hit. I reread the rules and felt like an idiot.

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2013, 12:27:23 PM »

carry on regardless, we are all going to make a mess of things now and again, best thing to do is just carry on, the previous 'bad thing' is just one more twist in fates strange design Smiley
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2013, 12:28:23 PM »

YAY players turn!!!!

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2013, 12:31:23 PM »

I'm reading and responding from my phone right now, so sorry if I missed something, but shouldn't Pierce and company have taken the initial 12 damage from my attack? It doesn't look like the lackeys took anything but the 4 for starting their turn there.
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2013, 12:36:40 PM »

Ah crap, I thought the burst was just the zone...

Okay, then the 2 Lackeys are at 12 hit points, and are bloodied...

Now I'm convinced; inductive combat is too difficult to keep track of

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Navarre
« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2013, 12:39:31 PM »

It's also a chore for you as a DM, having to post so much all at one time. If you allow each character to act in order of their initiative you can narrate results and double-check everything before proceeding.
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2013, 12:40:02 PM »

Yeah... Also, if you didn't factor that in, would Pierce have even been up to make his attacks?

Methinks Rev might have been right about at least posting in initiative order within our grouping.
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2013, 12:47:04 PM »

I factored the 12 damage on pierce, which combined with Brin's 30 and Vold's 9 made 51 of his 66 hit points

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2013, 12:51:02 PM »

Yeah... Also, if you didn't factor that in, would Pierce have even been up to make his attacks?

Methinks Rev might have been right about at least posting in initiative order within our grouping.

Just so Eothr doesn't have to retcon the whole fight we may have to roll with this combat in the current status that it's in.

The confusing part of combat now is I know what i want to do but since Brin goes before me in initize order I can't post until he does because what he will do is going to effect who I go after in my turn. Either way though Dacian is getting a LOH.

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2013, 02:50:45 PM »

I just woke up to see my beautiful crit stolen!!!  Cry

I'm going back to bed.

Don't know what's going on with init, if for some reason your waiting for me I delay.

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2013, 04:46:48 PM »

OK I've had my coffee now.  I believe the current status is Pierce is still alive, i'm prone but alive.

Is there anyway to increase the size of the grid?

Also although this first combat has been buggy i'm still having heaps of fun and really like all the characters / players / DM.

We'll get there.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2013, 06:18:20 PM »

Well Tondi-, you have a present at your feet once the combat ends. If Ultime misses his attack, which is unlikely, then I'll probably just have the poor sap surrender and answer questions.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2013, 06:37:10 PM »

Did I take more than the 5 fire damage? Didn't see an attack roll, with my 22 HP, (healing surge 8+raven's 14) that'll put me at 17 after the firebomb, right?

Still new to this and figgerin' this out, fun fight though!

Navarre
« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2013, 06:41:23 PM »

{argh i forgot i was blind.  my atk wouldn't have hit.  apologies. DMs call, probably not to late to retcon}

There have been some interesting times in my irl game by having a player with a blind Wizard PC. She's been blind since birth. Her opposition schools are, understandably, divination and illusion.

She fares well for the most part, thanks in part to having a bat familiar and a custom spell called Sounding that is similar to Daredevil's radar sense.

But I did once cause her no end of problems by dropping her into a room (alone, with not even her bat) where she actually already knew how to bypass the trap there: a room with a dozen different levers.

... all she had to do to pull the two red levers.   Wink
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 02, 2013, 06:45:20 PM »

In my IR game i increase the difficulty of blind condition.

I get the player to roll random to see where his attack hits in a burst one of the target.  There is a chance of hit but it's very low.

I can be a cruel DM though....from that comment though so can Nav.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: