Major Spoilers Forum
September 03, 2014, 01:59:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Have a question for Matthew, Stephen and Rodrigo? Send it to podcast@majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-OOC thread  (Read 31822 times)
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2013, 11:49:12 PM »

See, this way we can all post up what we want to do, and everyone should be able to work around what has already been posted. I think it will speed up combat because we won't have to wait for each person in order.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2013, 11:50:29 PM »

Well apparently I'm the only one that doesn't care for it so I'll grumble in the corner quietly while I smack a minion.

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2013, 11:53:19 PM »

Well apparently I'm the only one that doesn't care for it so I'll grumble in the corner quietly while I smack a minion.
My apologies. I'm open to suggestions for the next encounter, if you have any.

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2013, 11:59:54 PM »

I hope everyone else is as tickled as I am by Wing's little dot on the map Smiley

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2013, 12:00:35 AM »

Tiny PC is Tiny Wink

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2013, 12:02:00 AM »

I would rather post in turn because that's how a normal fight would go. You said it your self this is PBP it's suppose to be slow at times. I'm fine with 1 group vs the other to cut down on time but to me this is just a bit much. It's fine if the group wants it the way you have it I'll just enjoy combat a little less.

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2013, 12:12:47 AM »

I would rather post in turn because that's how a normal fight would go. You said it your self this is PBP it's suppose to be slow at times. I'm fine with 1 group vs the other to cut down on time but to me this is just a bit much. It's fine if the group wants it the way you have it I'll just enjoy combat a little less.

If you have moves you really want to make, you can call them out in here during enemy turns and such (I do as much when I'm lower in initiative while playing face to face with people by telling them what I'm planning). As it is, I think that I'm the only one who has any unfriendly bursts (and I've been looking to the future to see what I want, and will probably steer clear of too much unfriendly stuff), and I'll do my best to post either innocuous moves that won't affect others turns too much, or post my bursts right off the bat that way people know what I can and can't do to decimate the enemies.

As it is tonight, I'm hitting the hay, for I have my first day at my new job tomorrow. Take care gents, and I'll talk to you later.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2013, 12:19:45 AM »

I lost all RP feel at the start of combat running this way. Again it could just be me that feels this way and if so that's my personal issue and I'll deal with it. All of our out of combat stuff happening at random was fine cause that felt like how a real interaction would go. This just feels off because rather than looking to see what Brin did to make my move now I have to make sure my move doesn't effect anyone else in the party. It just jars me out of the RP of the combat. I feel like instead of doing what would make sense for my character I now have to do what would make sense for the party and those 2 things aren't always the same. I guess I would feel better if my Initiative was 1 and I waited for everyone else to post before I did anything.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2013, 12:24:34 AM »

All right. I understand your concerns.

Next time, it will be a "by post" focus; the cumulative Initiative is still a factor, but all actions will be deductive, as opposed to the inductive style for this fight. Please just bear with it for now Sad

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2013, 12:26:55 AM »

see, as all of our moves are hypothetically happening at the same time this system makes more sense to me, Ultime's spell may move an enemy out of the way, and make my charge ineffective as I've already committed myself.

Granted, our PC's are masters of combat and all, but letting our moves potentally screw up each others moves better simulates the chaos of battle.

not that i intend to jack with anyone intentionally, BTW

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2013, 12:28:41 AM »

Revenant Sorrow does make a good point though, I'm content with either system.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »

All right. I understand your concerns.

Next time, it will be a "by post" focus; the cumulative Initiative is still a factor, but all actions will be deductive, as opposed to the inductive style for this fight. Please just bear with it for now Sad

You don't have to change the combat style just for me. As I said if I'm the only one who feels it's an issue then leave it as it. I just had a different expectation going into combat.

Also Cowboy Cenetaur Vold would need to back up 1 square to be able to charge. You have to room to do it but make sure you make note of that for next time. i.e. {as vold} I take a step back making sure I have enough room to build up speed lower my horns and charge Pierce with all my might.{or something like that}

That gives you the minimum 2 square movement you need for the charge since where you are now you only have 1 square of movement to get to Pierce.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2013, 12:37:06 AM »

derp, thats a good point, we'll just say i used my move action to do that?

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2013, 12:43:36 AM »

Yep as a move action you can move your speed or Shift 1 square. Either would be fine. How it would look on the grid is you step back to N9 then charge to P10. Just make sure you have 2 squares of forward movment between you and your charge target. Also you have to charge to the nearest adjacent square. So you couldn't charge to Q9 and attack him you would have to do either P9 or P10 because they're closer. But you've already chosen P10 so you're good.

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2013, 12:50:10 AM »

My 2 penneth on 'initiative order'..
I would rather that we just went in the order we posted, it makes it easier for me as a player, but I can also see the benefit of doing it the way its being done at the moment too, it makes sure we have to be a lot more organised as a group this way.
Whatever way it eventually end up running I'll be happy either way, so no complaints from me in any case.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: