Major Spoilers Forum
April 18, 2014, 08:47:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-OOC thread  (Read 23980 times)
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2012, 05:32:09 AM »

Yay. Now all we need is for 1 personal who thinks hanging out with friends is more important the a D&D game to get his butt back online so we can start this shindig.  Grin

Navarre
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2012, 07:41:05 AM »

Not even Navarre and his 30000+ post can edit his stuff after 5 minuets.

And this infuriates Nav to no end Sad

You have no idea...  Angry

It makes DMing a terrible "better get it right the first time" kind of thing. I don't understand why things are this way here but I have stopped asking for it to be changed.

Acceptance is the last stage of grief.  Smiley
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2012, 08:11:57 AM »

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!

Actually kinda surprised this day is here; after growing up with the 2012 prediction most of my formative life, the fact that we face 2013 tomorrow is a bit mind blowing; this gives me hope that I'll one day visit another planet during my lifetime!

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Navarre
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2012, 08:19:55 AM »

this gives me hope that I'll one day visit another planet during my lifetime!

I have a similar hope; that my people will return for me from my home planet.
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2013, 07:58:57 PM »

{Do we go in our initiative order? Brin, Wing, Ultim, Vold, and Dacian. Just wondering for when combat starts.}

Can i suggest no, PBPs work well when people can post when available. It also discourages game stalls by putting a timer on the last post.  EG.  24 hours since last post and we move to the next round.

Just my suggestion though.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2013, 08:03:39 PM »

I haven't fully decided.

Just so you guys know, that 5 on Initiative is for EIGHT Minions.

...it could've been a LOT worse...since Pierce is an enemy Rogue...with First Strike and Sneak Attack...

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2013, 08:20:43 PM »

...it could've been a LOT worse...since Pierce is an enemy Rogue...with First Strike and Sneak Attack...

And I have no armor. Thank god they're not planning on killing us cause I'd be dead for sure.

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2013, 11:24:17 PM »

I want to make sure I've got this right before posting. Since the party goes at the same initiative, we can post up our moves in whatever order, then once everyone in the party has said their intended move, you'll go through those moves in initiative order to determine what happens. Then you'll do the same with the enemies.

So, for example, Ultime could drop a blast in the middle of the enemies, but if Brin or Wingtip posted a move that moved one of the enemies out of the blast, that enemy wouldn't be effected by the blast because their initiative is higher, and thus their attack takes place before Ultime's, right?
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2013, 11:29:35 PM »

You got it, friend Grin

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2013, 11:33:01 PM »

Awesome, writing up my move now.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2013, 11:34:06 PM »

The problem with that is lets say you lay down an AOE on 3 guys after I've charged in there. Now you can't place it so it wont hit me and have to roll against me as well. Or between the first 3 attacks we kill someone that Vold was going to charge. Now he has to redo his turn. I'm not saying we can't try it but I can see some edits happening a lot. Also it's completely up to Eothr but that's just my opinion of it.

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2013, 11:36:41 PM »

Well, I think the best thing will be for people to make moves that others can work around if they go first (I'm planning to drop a burst, but others should be able to work around it), or people who have higher initiatives should look at what the lower initiative people who've already posted want to do before they post.
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2013, 11:37:54 PM »

The problem with that is lets say you lay down an AOE on 3 guys after I've charged in there. Now you can't place it so it wont hit me and have to roll against me as well. Or between the first 3 attacks we kill someone that Vold was going to charge. Now he has to redo his turn. I'm not saying we can't try it but I can see some edits happening a lot. Also it's completely up to Eothr but that's just my opinion of it.
I'm okay with callouts; you can claim a specific target for your next turn if you so desire.

Also, it just takes a little planning, and cooperative consideration; we all know how the PbP works, and adapting to any one player's absence is essential for a game like this to run. We'll make it work, trust me Smiley

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2013, 11:40:29 PM »

I understand what you're saying and yes it will speed up battle but part of having the higher initiative is the lower initiative players have to go after you and plan their more around yours not the other way around.

It makes the batter feel more meta/power gaming than a real in the moment fight but that could just be me.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »

I want to make sure I've got this right before posting. Since the party goes at the same initiative, we can post up our moves in whatever order, then once everyone in the party has said their intended move, you'll go through those moves in initiative order to determine what happens. Then you'll do the same with the enemies.

So, for example, Ultime could drop a blast in the middle of the enemies, but if Brin or Wingtip posted a move that moved one of the enemies out of the blast, that enemy wouldn't be effected by the blast because their initiative is higher, and thus their attack takes place before Ultime's, right?
I was gonna ask the exact same thing, ^__^

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: