Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 07:20:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you follow @majorspoilers on twitter you'll be the first to know when the new Critical Hit podcast goes up on iTunes.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-OOC thread  (Read 29300 times)
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:43:31 PM »

You guys know the drill with this one Wink

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 02:23:07 AM »

as far as aquiring items, how will that be done? do we let the DM know what reasonable leveled item we want  or as i tell my kids, "git what you git and don't throw a fit?" just curious as to how that will be fit into RPing,

for example, Vold's Maul has intricate laberynth patterns carved into it, and as he solved a maze on it, an locked enchantment could be activated perhaps, or say instead of a helmet/headband maybe he got a prostetic horn.

of course should you decide to hand over stuff more in theme with what you've got in mind storywise thats cool too, I'm a pretty agreeable guy. Smiley

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 02:56:23 AM »

A great question. This one really is the DM's choice. I've done everything to finding magical items laying around in dungeons to having to get them enchanted by powerful wizards or even having receiving them as rewards for completing tasks.

I personally Plan on taking Weapon Prof. (Bastard Sword) at 4th level so hopefully any magical weapon will not hinder that choice. Though if the DM wanted to give me a Magic Sword sooner I could swap my 2nd level feat with my 4th level feat.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »

Sorry for the delay, everything's been insane the last two days (so bad, in fact, that I didn't get to play a single video game T-T)

As far as magic items go, I take a lot of inspiration from Critical Hit; so, it won't be like "we killed this horde of Kobolds, how many +1 weapons do we get?". Rather, I intend to match weapons with a character's personality.

Vold's Maul is a specific weapon tied to his backstory; because of that, I will never force Cowboy Centaur to replace it or destroy it. That kind of character building is integral to good RP and storytelling, and it's my duty as DM to encourage that.

Navarre
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 09:34:21 PM »

Congrats on getting the game started, Eothr! Looking forward to seeing where it goes.   Smiley
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 09:35:51 PM »

Congrats on getting the game started, Eothr! Looking forward to seeing where it goes.   Smiley

Thanks Nav! Been looking forward to it myself! We got a really diverse group with this one, and I'm really looking forward to the character interactions! Cheesy

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 10:19:25 PM »

Woo! It begins!
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 10:22:54 PM »

Now the true question do I wait for someone else to go or do i talk back to her now . . . ooo this is so exciting.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 10:28:11 PM »

Your always free to make rolls; Tondi- has a dice roller link in his sig.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 10:35:26 PM »

I just didn't want to hog the interwebs with all the RP I could be doing. Everyone should get to express what there character is thinking and doing before I run off in one direction and hope the party follows me. Oh carp i already flew off didn't I.  Wink

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 10:40:27 PM »

Gauntlet Legends. Just sayin'.  Wink

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 10:40:50 PM »

Have at it. Ultime will likely just sit and watch things at first (and be pleasantly surprised by things as they happen).
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 10:44:23 PM »

Well i just addressed Vold so unless the genassi chick wants to yap at me some more I think we're on hold till Cowboy Centaur or sliksham get's on.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 10:46:53 PM »

Well, I unfortunately am beat. So, I'll continue on tomorrow; hopefully the other two will respond.

We're gonna have to go on without Tondi- for the time being Sad

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 10:49:37 PM »

I think I remember him saying he wouldn't be able to get on much this week. His character can join us at some point. I'm personally a bigger fan of rescuing the new PC but that's just my DM preference of introducing a new PC with out a guy walking up to you in the woods and saying "hey I'm the key master are you the gate keeper."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: