Major Spoilers Forum
August 21, 2014, 06:57:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-Charcter creation & development thread  (Read 10969 times)
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »

Cool back stories guys! This is gonna be fun!

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing your character in action. Also looking forward to seeing your character sheet once you're finished it.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2012, 04:49:52 AM »

I'll have it up by tomorrow, but in the meanwhile, here's a look at what Vold looks like. Want to use it for a more finished piece, but haven't gotten that far yet. Smiley

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2012, 09:51:04 AM »

Sorry, I am alive, I promise. I just haven't sat down at a computer for more than a couple minutes since Thursday night.

Looks like we're filling out the party rather nicely, but we've yet to get someone from Aurora or a controller. As such, I'll go with a Tiefling Wizard. I'm actually heading away from my computer again, but I'll be back to post up some backstory (hopefully tonight) and character stats/info (tomorrow afternoon).

Sorry for the sparsity of my presence lately, but this week is a crazy week for me.
sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »

Christmas is a manic time for everyone, don't fret about it.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2012, 06:19:16 PM »

Paladin
Wizard
Barbarian
Warlord

pretty well rounded party that leaves just Tondi- who has free reign of any 2ndary he wants. A pisionic character would be fun just so we all had a different power base. Eothr is right thought their powers are weird and I don't much care for them my self.

RecentRunes hasn't been on since they day he asked about playing. It may be safe to assume that he's out.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:21:17 PM by Revenant Sorrow » Logged

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012, 01:08:05 AM »

hope this is remotely correct, looking forward to getting started tomorrow!

Vold Crookednose, level 1
Minotaur Barbarian,
Build: rageborn
Background: Native of Magnus
speed 6

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 20, CON 16, DEX 11, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 14, DEX 11, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 10

AC: 17 Fort: 17 Ref: 11 Will: 10
HP: 31 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +9, Intimidate +5, Nature +7,

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –1, Arcana -1, Endurance +4,(native of Magnus) History –1, Insight +2,(native of Magnus) Perception +2, Religion -1, Stealth –1, Thievery –1

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Minoraur racial features: Ferocity, Heedless charge
Barbarian Feature: Rageblood vigor, Feral might, Barbarian Agility, Rage, Rampage.
Minotaur Racial encounter attack: Goring Charge
At Will 1: Devastating Strike
At Will 2: Recouperating Strike
Encounter 1: Avalanche Strike
Daily 1: Bloodhunt Rage

FEATS
Level 1: Hide Armor Expertise

ITEMS
Maul x1
Hand Axe x2
Adventurer's Kit
Equivalent of 15 gold in pelts

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2012, 01:47:07 AM »

I would suggest taking Howling Strike as one of your at wills if you intend charging a lot, its one of the best at wills out there.
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 02:15:13 AM »

thats a good point, seeing as i have a +2 to AC against opportunity attacks when I charge. I was planning on basically just hanging out there and thwacking with me maul, but being able to pinball around bellowing and clobbering has a certain appeal. thanks man! I appreciate it!

on thinking and reading up a bit more, I believe ill also swap for howl of fury and get rid of bloodhunt rage in exchange for Tyrants Rage,

any thoughts or suggestions?

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 02:53:10 AM »

Tyrant's Rage Would be nice for you to be able to push enemys around in the combat you used it it. Minor action push move action set you're self up for a charge and Standard Action Charge with Howling Strike (If you switch that is).

I personally like Bloodhunt Rage because of the extra [W] damage and you get to do more damage based on your con mod (+3) if you or your target is bloodied.

Also if you plan to charge a lot i recommend Defensive Mobility at 2nd level. It will increase your bonus to AC when charging to a +4. +2 racial and +2 feat bonus so they stack. It's handy when you want to charge through a bunch of enemy's to whack one guy on the other side.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 03:07:58 AM »

Hmm actually on 2nd thought I'm going to chance my Feat.

I'm switching out Devoted Paladin for Weapon Prof (Bastard Sword)

That way it wont interfere with any magical items. Also it gives me an extra +1 on my attack rolls so that should help a bit.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2012, 03:13:00 AM »

keeping Bloodhunt rage, as 3 W is hard to beat, and swapping out both my at will's

Vold Crookednose, level 1
Minotaur Barbarian,
Build: rageborn
Background: Native of Magnus
speed 6

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 20, CON 16, DEX 11, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 14, DEX 11, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 10

AC: 17 Fort: 17 Ref: 11 Will: 10
HP: 31 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +9, Intimidate +5, Nature +7,

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –1, Arcana -1, Endurance +4,(native of Magnus) History –1, Insight +2,(native of Magnus) Perception +2, Religion -1, Stealth –1, Thievery –1

POWERS
Minoraur racial features: Ferocity, Heedless charge
Barbarian Feature: Rageblood vigor, Feral might, Barbarian Agility, Rage, Rampage.
Minotaur Racial encounter attack: Goring Charge
At Will 1: Howling Strike
At Will 2: Howl of Fury
Encounter 1: Avalanche Strike
Daily 1: Bloodhunt Rage

FEATS
Level 1: Hide Armor Expertise

ITEMS
Maul x1
Hand Axe x2
Adventurer's Kit
Equivalent of 15 gold in pelts

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2012, 09:26:06 AM »

Excellent work, everyone! I really appreciate everyone pitching in and helping; I think this group is gonna be great!

My apologies for my absence, but Christmas was unpleasantly hectic this year. The beginning post of the game will be posted this evening, some time between 8:00 and 10:00 CST (20:00 to 22:00 military time); this'll give Tondi- enough time to post a character and give me time to introduce each of you into the setting.

Just a heads up, the meeting place for the party will be Adamant the Tortoise, in the Daro Republic Capital of Kynach, since it's already closest to the crater, but still 3 days before the meeting.

Here's my thoughts on each characters reasons for going there, feel free to add or change it;
Dacian, with the blessings and warning of the Empress, goes to Kynach seeking the ones who will stop the encroaching shadow foretold by the nature spirits
Vold, sneaking aboard a merchant ship's cargo hold bound for the Republic, looking for a way to get closer to Nero Ouros, the Berserker King
Wingtip, upon receiving a premonition from his High Father, the god Corellon, sets out to find and help his new "family" that the Elven god told him would be the next heroes of the World
GeorgeDubya's Tiefling Wizard, a scholar from the Hiza Union's Arcana Acedamia, who foresaw a change in the stellar alignments, and went to the Republic where the signs pointed to the changing fate of the World

For Tondi-, my only recommendation is to consider being a Native of Adamant; that way, your PC can easily meet up with the group. A Human, Elf, or Halfling Rogue would really round out the group, IMO. But it's up to you, so feel free.

See you guys this evening!

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2012, 08:27:08 PM »

The suspense is killing me!! I'm excited to play an actual PC for a 4e game this will be a first for me.

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2012, 08:29:19 PM »

Some info for my character - Ultime, Scholar of the Unseen

Born and raised in Rune upon the back of the majestic Aurora, Ultime has been a student of history and lore since he was old enough to find his father's arcane library. He devoured the contents of his father's library in less than a year and quickly came to find affinity with the teachings of Ioun regarding knowledge. The years have done little to curtail his thirst for knowledge, and despite having graduated from the prestigious institution, Ultime spends most of his time studying the mysteries of the universe at Hiza Union's Arcana Acedamia. Though the majority of his studies have focused on illusion and history, he has turned his eye towards the meeting of the Guardians and the potential portents of such an event. Worried by what he has seen and the implications that the fate of the world will be changed during the events of the gathering.

Ultime, level 1
Tiefling, Wizard (Arcanist)
Arcane Implement Mastery Option: Orb of Deception

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 14, DEX 10, INT 18, WIS 13, CHA 16

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 14, DEX 10, INT 16, WIS 13, CHA 14

AC: 14 Fort: 12 Ref: 14 Will: 15
HP: 24 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +11, Diplomacy +8, History +11, Insight +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +0, Athletics –1, Bluff +5, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +2, Heal +1, Intimidate +3, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion +4, Stealth +2, Streetwise +3, Thievery +0

POWERS
Tiefling Racial Power: Infernal Wrath
Orb of Deception  Power: Orb of Deception
Wizard Utility: Light
Wizard Utility: Ghost Sound
Wizard Utility: Mage Hand
Wizard Utility: Prestidigitation
Wizard Attack 1: Wizard's Fury
Wizard Attack 1: Magic Missile
Wizard Attack 1: Illusory Ambush
Wizard Attack 1: Grasping Shadows
Wizard Attack 1: Phantom Chasm

FEATS
Level 1: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Phantom Echoes

ITEMS
Spellbook
Orb Implement x1
Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) x1
Fine Clothing
Dagger x1
Residuum x40 gold worth

BACKGROUND
Native of Aurora

RITUALS
Comprehend Language
Make Whole
Silent Image
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »

I feel like donkey from Shrek but the first thing tame came to mind was "I like that Tiefling that is a nice Tiefling."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: