Major Spoilers Forum
July 26, 2014, 12:06:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you follow @majorspoilers on twitter you'll be the first to know when the new Critical Hit podcast goes up on iTunes.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: "Age of the Guardians"-Charcter creation & development thread  (Read 10460 times)
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 10:22:25 PM »

All of the Point Buy Stat Arrays that are listed in the PHB are as follows. You can run with which ever one you like. There aren't many other combo's besides the ones i'm about to list

16 14 13 12 11 10 (Most Generic)
14 13 13 13 13 13
14 14 13 13 13 11
14 14 14 14 12 8
15 14 13 12 12 11
15 15 13 12 11 10
16 15 12 11 11 10
16 14 14 12 11 8
16 16 12 10 10 10
16 16 12 11 11 8
17 15 12 11 10 8
17 14 12 11 10 10
18 13 13 10 10 8
18 14 11 10 10 8
18 12 12 10 10 10

Character Builder online Stat Arrays

16 14 14 11 10 10

If you want a Custom Stat Array you start with

10 10 10 10 10 8

you get 22 points to spend improving stats.

Improving any stat up to 13 will only cost 1 point. For example From 10-13 that's 3 points from 8-13 is 5 points.

Improving a stat from 13-16 will cost 2 points. For example 13-14 is 2 points 13-16 is 6 points.

Improving a stat from 16-17 will cost 3 points. For example 16-17 is 3 points.

Improving a stat from 17-18 will cost 4 points. For example 17-18 is 4 points.

To take your 10 up to 18 that makes a grand total of 16 points with 6 left over to spend on other stats.

I hope this helps anyone who has/had any questions with how point buy works in 4e

My personal favorite stat array comes from the character builder that 16 14 14 11 10 10 but that's just my opinion.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 10:55:30 PM »

Tondi-
Something Rougish

GeorgeDubya
^^ 2 possible Characters

Revenant Sorrow
^^ 4 possible Characters

Cowboy Centaur
Minotaur Barbarian

sliksham,
^^ 3 possible characters

RecentRunes
Dwarf Warden

We'll see how things shake down but looks like i wont get to play my Thri-kreen there are currently 4 players with an interest in a Striker and 1 confirmed striker so I'll shelve that one and wait to see who else picks what role.

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 02:56:14 AM »

Here's my Warlord, Dacian Tidebreaker, hailing from the Nautilus;
I've taken the Heavy Blade Expertise feat from Heroes of the Fallen Lands, let me know if that's ok, if not I'll swap it for the older version.
I'll come up with a character bio  / intro thing when I get a spare few over the next couple of days.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Dacian Tidebreaker, level 1
Genasi, Warlord (Marshal)
Warlord Option: Combat Leader
Commanding Presence Option: Tactical Presence
Elemental Manifestation Option: Watersoul
Background: Native of Nautilus

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 12, DEX 10, INT 18, WIS 8, CHA 12

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 12, DEX 10, INT 16, WIS 8, CHA 12

AC: 18 Fort: 15 Ref: 15 Will: 12
HP: 24 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +8, Diplomacy +6, Endurance +7, History +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –1, Arcana +4, Bluff +1, Dungeoneering –1, Heal –1, Insight –1, Intimidate +1, Nature +3, Perception +1, Religion +4, Stealth –1, Streetwise +1, Thievery –1

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Genasi Racial Power: Swiftcurrent
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Warlord Attack 1: Commander's Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Intuitive Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Warlord's Favor
Warlord Attack 1: Lead the Attack

FEATS
Level 1: Heavy Blade Expertise

ITEMS
Longsword x1
Javelin
Hide Armor x1
Light Shield x1
Adventurer's Kit
====== End ======
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »

@Revenant Sorrow Thanks for the numbers, Rev Smiley

Also, haven't heard anything else from RecentRunes, so our primary defender slot is still up for grabs

@sliksham awesome stuff!

How does the Essentials "Heavy Blade Expertise" differ from the core version, exactly?

@Everyone So we have our primary striker and primary leader. Excellent!

It's going to be interesting watching Vold, who's lived by his own rules thus far, interact with Dacian, who's used to people following his orders. Fun times ahead Wink

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »

Thanks I had a free moment and try to be helpful when it comes to character dev as a fellow 4e DM I know how newer players can easily miss things in the PHB so figured posing it might help.

As for the difference between Heavy Black Expertise

The PHB2 Version is as follows.
Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)

You gain a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls with any weapon power you use with a heavy blade. this bonus increases to +2 at 15th level and +3 at 25th level.

The Heros of the Fallen Lands/Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms version is as follows.
Heavy Black Expertise

You gain a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls with any weapon power you use with a heavy blade. this bonus increases to +2 at 15th level and +3 at 25th level.
In Addition, while wielding a heavy blade, you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.

The bonus to defenses for opportunity attacks is the only change.

While I'm here I have a question for my seeker if I take Primary Controller. If I have the gold am I allowed to start with a Magic Arrow? I would only be able to buy 1 and if you say no it's ok I was just curious while i was looking at gear.

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 12:38:21 PM »

Plus it scales at 11 and 21 rather than 15 and 25.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 12:50:08 PM »

Ignore the Seeker question I'll just play Primary Defender.

Pixie Paladin (that's right boys I'm a Tiny Tank)
Paladin Option: Protecting Paladin
Selected Deity Corellon
Background: Native of Seraphim (if that's ok promise it will make sense in my back story)

Starting Ability Scores
Str 13 Con 14 Dex 10 Int 8 Wis 14 Cha 16
Final Ability Scores
Str 13 Con 14 Dex 12 Int 8 Wis 14 Cha 18

Trained Skills             Diplomacy 9          Heal 9        Intimidate 9     Religion 6

Untrained Skills Acrobatics -3 Arcana -1 Athletics -3 Bluff 4 Dungeoneering 2 Endurance -2 History -1 insight 2 Nature 4 Perception 2 Stealth -1 Streetwise 4 Thievery -3

Paladin Powers
Melee Basic Attack
Ranged Basic Attack
Ardent Strike
Bolstering Strike
Fearsome Smite
Majestic Halo
Divine Challenge
Lay on hands
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
Pixie Dust
Shrink

Feat
Devoted Paladin

Inventory
Plate Armor
Heavy Shield
Holy Symbol
Broad Sword

I think that's about it other then i need to work the name because I don't have one yet.
Also if you'll allow it I would like to use Armor Finesse instead of Devoted Paladin for my LV 1 Feat.

Armor Finesse is in the Heroes of the Fallen Lands/Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms essentials books. Description: You ignore the check penalty for wearing armor. It would be nice for my skills but not a deal breaker if you tell me no.

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 02:47:20 AM »

Here's my Warlord, Dacian Tidebreaker, hailing from the Nautilus;
I've taken the Heavy Blade Expertise feat from Heroes of the Fallen Lands, let me know if that's ok, if not I'll swap it for the older version.
I'll come up with a character bio  / intro thing when I get a spare few over the next couple of days.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Dacian Tidebreaker, level 1
Genasi, Warlord (Marshal)
Warlord Option: Combat Leader
Commanding Presence Option: Tactical Presence
Elemental Manifestation Option: Watersoul
Background: Native of Nautilus

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 12, DEX 10, INT 18, WIS 8, CHA 12

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 12, DEX 10, INT 16, WIS 8, CHA 12

AC: 18 Fort: 15 Ref: 15 Will: 12
HP: 24 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +8, Diplomacy +6, Endurance +7, History +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –1, Arcana +4, Bluff +1, Dungeoneering –1, Heal –1, Insight –1, Intimidate +1, Nature +3, Perception +1, Religion +4, Stealth –1, Streetwise +1, Thievery –1

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Genasi Racial Power: Swiftcurrent
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Warlord Attack 1: Commander's Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Intuitive Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Warlord's Favor
Warlord Attack 1: Lead the Attack

FEATS
Level 1: Heavy Blade Expertise

ITEMS
Longsword x1
Javelin
Hide Armor x1
Light Shield x1
Adventurer's Kit
====== End ======

Born to the Seas am I, from my first mewling cries as a babe in arms have the tides and currents coursed deep in my soul.
Born on the outskirts of our lands I serve as I am able, and as all who have gone before me have done.
The gathering approaches and work increases tenfold with its coming; as we move towards landfall more and more are we sent to secure the approach of the Great Serpent to this convention of the Eidolons. I trust not the intentions of this gathering and those who seek to bring it to being, but such is my nature and it is by such a nature that I still serve where others before me have fallen to whimsy and betrayal.
Let those elsewhere become excited and giddy by the prospects of the gathering, I shall remain stalwart in my duty and see what comes to pass as and when it does.
I am Dacian Tidebreaker, far-scout for the Imperial Armada of Fyral’ea.

Dacian is a touch shy of 6 feet tall and appears to all upon first sight as nothing more than a young soldier who maybe takes his duty too seriously.
Only the slight green tint to his skin and the dark black churning maelstroms that are his eyes serve show that his heritage is not of this plane alone.
All youth and vigor is stolen from his appearance by his perpetual frown and suspicious nature, but when, on occasion, a smile steals across his face it chases away the mask to reveal the young man beneath, but such occasions are becoming rarer and rarer.
Hi loyalties are Empire / Squad / Self, in that order.
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 08:37:53 AM »

Great job so far, everyone! Merry Christmas Eve to all!

@Revenant Sorrow If you don't mind your PC being the comic relief, how about Dinklemus Littlelog? Lol

Also, is your pixie the more humanoid, Tinkerbell-like pixie, or the insect like pixies from Brother's Grimm stories?

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 09:57:34 AM »

More human like. I picture my self more like a Tiny elf with wings. Short spiky blue hair, wings more like a dragonfly then a butterfly.

Kind of like that guy just with shorter hair and a little bit more of a hardened face. Least we not forget my Full suit of plate armor and my shield I'll be wielding with my bastard sword.

My favorite name I've come up with so far is Wingtip son of Corellon

Though his actual father is not Corellon he treats his relationship with Corellon as a father figure. His real parents gave him life but Corellon gave him purpose and cause. It was an easy choice to make when he heard that servants and priests of Corellon were needed to spread his fathers word. Not having connection with his peoples home of Nautilus Wingtip hopes that by serving his father he may one day be rewarded to see where his people came from.

That's about all I've got so far.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 01:09:26 PM »

My armor is something akin to this

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 04:28:13 PM »

Elves always have nice looking stuff, shame they are so annoying with it Smiley

I see Dacian as being like this guy (in his non-work attire), without the 'lightning' on his flesh, and equipped something like the second image 'for work';

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »

Nice gear.

Here is my history.

After the war many great species we're called to settle on Theocracy of Nyroth. Seraphim was known as a safe haven for those who chose to worship and many races though out of their natural elements quickly call the place home, one such race was the Pixie's. The ones who chose to leave their homeland of the Fyral'ean Empire and the protection of the elves came to this place seeking equality and purpose.

Many Pixie's chose to worship gods that were not seen in their home land most common among those was Bahamut. Most stuck to the gods of their homelands Corellon, Ioun, and Melora. Upon creation Wingtip Knew something big was in his future. Corellon had spoken to him when he was nearly minuets old and told him of the plans he had for this young pixie.

While his mother Silent blossom (servant of Melora) and father Golden Luxury (priest of Ioun) never pushed him into service. Wingtip heard the call and saw fit to be known only by Corellon pushing aside his past and forging his way ahead. Leaving his parents behind he joined his true fathers cause and pledged his life in service as one of Corellon's mighty paladins.

Though he often does not see is birth parents he's given up his true last name and has chosen to be known as Wingtip Son of Corellon. While not as physically strong as most of Corellon's other Priests there was no denying the strength within. He rose through the ranks and quickly was chosen to be one of the proud to be allowed to leave and spread the word of Corellon to others.

That's about all I've got. I plan to do most of the in game stuff in character but it's hard for me to write a back story in first person.

Also i noticed i forgot to post my HP and defenses so I'll do that here.

HP 29 Bloodied 19 Surge Value 7 Surges Per Day 13
AC 20 Fort 13 Ref 14 Will 15

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 10:56:23 PM »

HP 29 Bloodied 19 Surge Value 7 Surges Per Day 13
AC 20 Fort 13 Ref 14 Will 15

Bloodied Value is 14 sorry for the mistype

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 11:10:12 PM »

Cool back stories guys! This is gonna be fun!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: