Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 07:19:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Geek Friends  (Read 1189 times)
ManglesMcgee
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »

Do any of you have friends that share in your nerdy interests? I was wondering if anyone has found it hard to find friends who have a love of comics and sci fi, as I have. Most of my friends and I share interests in music, film, and other aspects of pop culture, but then I want to talk about comics, I just get crickets.
Pearce
Rootwalla

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 11:30:30 PM »

Yeah, we've got a solid group of 4-5 people who can generally meet once a week to throw down some D&D. I also have two friends who enjoy reading comics. One is a Marvel whore, the other a DC slut, and I couldn't care less because they both give me good recommendations.
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 04:47:35 AM »

except for the occasional movie discussion with my father in law the majority of my nerdity is conducted via the internet.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 05:50:18 AM »

I have 1 comic book buddy who is always asking me if I've read every comic out there. Even though I only got into comics about 3 months ago. My D&D group is pretty solid. I just keep finding more people to convert and add them to my group. I'm up to 6 Players right now so I'm pretty sure I can't add anymore unless I was run more then 1 game.

Navarre
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 06:57:25 AM »

I think it will only take finding one good friend with your interests to meet more people. If your friend has friends of his/her own, they likely share at least a few common interests for you to share as well.

Also, if you're open to new interests, meeting a variety of people can be good for you.
Hirimno
V

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 12:31:14 PM »

Unfortunately I don't have any local comic friends. My buddy here talks about LOL to me and I talk comics to him. It's pretty fun.
Marvel2099
V

Spider-Man is still trying to headbutt Wolerine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 05:28:07 AM »

I had a friend once who was a huge Iron Man fan.  But now the only time I get to geek about anything is when a movie comes out or when on the internet.

However thanks to the jump in popularity of comics, more people are looking into them and on a couple of occasions I have been asked what ones to read. 

If I had the powers of Multiple Man, I would send one of the dupes to work, one to revise, one to clean my room and one to walk the dog.  While I would stay at home reading comics.
Bob
V

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 12:12:33 PM »

I imprinted my geekness on my 3 boys; I take my 11 year old to Heroclix Tournaments with me (and he beats me as often as I beat him), my 9 year knows most Weird Al lyrics by heart, and my 7 year old asks me to check out "Marvel Zombies" from the library about every other month...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: