Major Spoilers Forum
August 02, 2014, 01:32:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest check for a new PbP game (4th Edition D&D)  (Read 7039 times)
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 11:23:21 AM »

Well i can tell you that my available play time would be between 1-4pm EST on weekdays and the occasional Saturday also. During that time it's not like I'll be parked at my computer either. I'm interested in playing but I don't want to hold the group back if everyone is waiting for me to do something.

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 12:27:03 PM »

That's perfectly fine. Smiley

I have an iPhone, so I have ready and frequent access, but I'm lucky if I can get once a week on a laptop for Internet (for the sake of battle maps). So I can RP and inform easily, it'll be the combat that gets slow, especially on my end ^_^'

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 04:58:04 AM »

I'd sure be interested in playing! I'm pretty dang new to D&D but i'm up to episode 81 on CH, and have been DMing a game for a couple months now. it'd be fun to be a player for once.

Races:
     3. Carte Blanche

Classes:
   D. Carte Blanche (I really want to be a minotaur)

Levels:
     £. Level 1

Orientation:
     2, Neutral party, everyone out for themselves.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 06:48:18 AM »

Well, welcome 'board partner! Be mighty fine ya have ya 'long!

So, the trine is now a quartet. This is fantastic since that means all roles can be covered. I'm going to be busy today with my college graduation, and I'm still waiting on a response from Rodrigo. The actual game will start Dec. 26, that way everyone who celebrates Christmas can focus on their families and presents, lol.

A full campaign setting and rules will go up by the weekend.

Some intel on classes;

Everything is available, with varying degrees of commonality within the setting, but the 3 Psionics (Ardent, Battlemind, & Psion)* are extremely rare; if you decide on one of these, I'll have to work with you on a backstory suitable for it. As far as Hybrids go, that's up to you, but please keep them within the same role (ex. Sorcerer/Rogue). This is for the sake of party balance, unless and until we get a 5th PC.

*Truthfully, I just really, really hate the power point systems of Psionics and I don't think the Monk should be considered one of them.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 07:11:19 AM »

Where do these races fall

Pixie
Thri-Kreen
Kobold
Kenku

I'm leaning Warforged right now but if any of those 4 races are available I may change my mind

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 07:47:28 AM »

I may be interested, but between now and the New Year I will have almost no spare time at all, so that would put the kaibosh on trying to get stuff sorted from my end.

Id vote;

Carte Blanche
Carte Blanche
Level 1
Neutral (with good tendencies)

What the limit on feats / themes / backgrounds / items? Are all rulebooks fair game or just the Players / Powers?
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 08:21:01 AM »

@Revenant Sorrow Wow, I totally forgot about those...

Okay, Pixies are found in the Fyral'ean Empire and Hiza Union, usually very close to their Fey kin (Eladrin, Elves, & Gnomes), but they are RARE.

Thri-kreen are an Old World race not found on the Eidolons

Kobolds and Kenku are monstrous humanoids found in the Kingdom of Angea alongside Goblins, Gnolls, and Orcs

@sliksham That's fine. A party of 5 would be fun!

I'll have a full set of rules shortly

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 08:31:38 AM »

I'm feeling Pixie Paladin. That just sounds fun. I'll have to wait for the full set of rules before i set my heart on him though.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 09:51:44 AM »

The actual game will start Dec. 26, that way everyone who celebrates Christmas can focus on their families.

That's my birthday! Cool!

I would be delighted to be a Minotaur barbarian, but I would happily switch to a different class if someone has their heart set on being a striker. As long a I get to bash things with a mace I'm quite content.

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 10:07:35 AM »

I'll wait to hear Tondi-'s preference because I'd be fine as either a Controller or Leader. I'm thinking either Dwarven Invoker or Dragonborn Warlord.

As far as starting on the 26. I'll be up at my girlfriend's that day, so my posting will be minimal. Just a warning.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 10:45:23 AM »

I'm not set on being a defender either. If anyone else would like that role please feel free.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 03:16:20 PM »

No response yet from Rodrigo. Still typing up the campaign details.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 11:23:49 PM »

While we're waiting for Rodrigo and Rules I have a quick question. Are Themes and Backgrounds (Themes give you optional Utilities and some bonuses. Backgrounds give you optional skills to train in or just give you a bonus to skills)

I think I've created 4 characters so far and keep leaving that stuff blank because I don't know if it's allowed.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 01:19:37 AM »

Backgrounds are more prominent in Forgotten Realms and Eberron, while Themes popped up after Dark Sun and will be a defining factor of D&D Next (not violating any NDAs).

I will create custom background/themes for this game based upon the six Guardians. If we get a sixth PC I might insist on each player having a different one, but for now I'm thinking each player will roll a d6 at character creation to determine theirs (or leave it up to each player's decision)

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 10:54:42 AM »

I have no preference what I play to be honest, theres generally something in each role that I gravitate towards anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: