Major Spoilers Forum
July 31, 2014, 06:40:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Distractions for the recently single?  (Read 2996 times)
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 08:20:46 PM »

I got quite a bit distracted by the TF Beta last night as well as geeking out with a couple of people in Second Life (who were barely dressed as Asian Star Sapphires).

Ultimate Spider-Man is now on Netflix, you should check it out, it's basically joke-joke-fight scene-joke-action-joke-joke they completely put the MJ/Peter relationship in the backseat for the first handful of episodes too.
Oooh, thank you for letting me know!  I lost Disney XD from my cable package right about the time that got announced so I have yet to see a single episode of it. 

I've been enjoying watching old episodes of Justice League Unlimited on youtube.
I'll look at that too, since that is one of my favorite series.  I was happy to see it return to TV recently as part of the CW's Saturday Morning program block.

I recommend NOT looking under the bed, the last time I tried that I was set upon by a pack of feral dust bunnies and barley escaped with my life (and some Exiles back issues).

If you are in the mood for something a bit more "lean forward" you might enjoy a bit of papercraft. Try paperkraft.net for templates print cut glue hey presto cool model for your bookshelf.
Under my bed is my cat and bunny's shared toys as well as all of my things they have claimed (including a couple of Transformers my cat likes to push across the floor and throws a fit if I change them to robot mode).

I may have to look up the papercraft stuff.  I've seen it around, I've just never given it a try yet.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Beta Ray Bill Cosby
Administrator
Snorkasaurus

Bill?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 07:38:59 AM »

Under my bed is my cat and bunny's shared toys as well as all of my things they have claimed (including a couple of Transformers my cat likes to push across the floor and throws a fit if I change them to robot mode).

That's the funniest thing I've read in recent history

AKA: Rodrigo
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »

I got quite a bit distracted by the TF Beta last night as well as geeking out with a couple of people in Second Life (who were barely dressed as Asian Star Sapphires).

I just signed up for TFU Beta. It looks awesome I would personally have liked to seen some more retro graphics rather then the TF Prime style graphics but that's just a minor personal issue.

Did you pick Autobot or Decepticon? What kind of toys do you get to tinker with Weaponds/customizations?. . . oh so many questions i should have signed up for beta sooner.

Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 10:32:12 AM »

I just signed up for TFU Beta. It looks awesome I would personally have liked to seen some more retro graphics rather then the TF Prime style graphics but that's just a minor personal issue.

Did you pick Autobot or Decepticon? What kind of toys do you get to tinker with Weaponds/customizations?. . . oh so many questions i should have signed up for beta sooner.
Can't say too much cause of the NDA, but I went with Decepticon.  My wheelchair has Decepticon decals, so I felt like I kinda had to (plus, being bad is fun).  It was pretty limited at the moment since it is all in early testing and only a fraction of the content is currently available, but despite being laggy as all heck I had a blast.  According to info on the site and other articles, there will be some customization of weapons and such when the game goes live (or later in beta). 

I'm kinda hoping they'll release some skins/modes like in some games where you can unlock another version of a character, so I'm hoping they will integrate some of the classic looks (and possibly other incarnations) down the line to break up the monotony along with customization options (since you play not as a class exactly but as a character that fills a specific class-like role).  It certainly wouldn't break the immersion just because you have a Prime style character and a G1 style side by side.

That's the funniest thing I've read in recent history
One of these days I'll have to borrow a camera to record it.  It is even funnier to actually see it.

SpiderLover
Dragonborn Multiclass Fighter/Warlock

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 10:33:03 PM »

Well I usually go to movies or the beach. Cliched yes but it gives me time to reflect or you could always play a video game or two.
Navarre
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 06:55:00 AM »

Well I usually go to movies or the beach. Cliched yes but it gives me time to reflect or you could always play a video game or two.

SpiderLover is right about one thing. A change of scenery is great for perspective and your spirits.

I know when I'm bummed and sit around my house I just dwell. But when I get out somewhere for a while, especially around people, things seem less gloomy.

So while it may take some effort, you will feel better if you get out for a while. Spend time with a friend if you can but focus on the visit and not the past.
Patrick
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 05:46:24 AM »

SWTOR! Smiley

I'm on the Jung Ma server
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 08:18:04 AM »

Best thing about SWTOR is when people talk about bacon in GEN chat. It's by far the least offensive topic that is ever talked about and people seem to get the most upset about it.

Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 08:30:59 AM »

SWTOR! Smiley

I'm on the Jung Ma server

Once I get my sub funds (because they extended the date, I stopped rushing to gather them and am waiting for xmas money from relatives) I may make a character over there and say hi.  Which side are you on (or if both, which do you prefer)?

Best thing about SWTOR is when people talk about bacon in GEN chat. It's by far the least offensive topic that is ever talked about and people seem to get the most upset about it.

Gotta love crazy.  At least it is a step up from the weird anti-RP rants that were all over the RP servers chats the first month of release.  I honestly can't understand why some people get so fussy about it.  The trolls I get, the people who are legit upset are the ones that confuse me.  Noone is forcing them there, why can't they just play on another server?  Does the idea of using your imagination offend them in some way?  Do they not realize that unless they really are a Chiss Bounty Hunter or Twi'lek Jedi or whatever else that they are essentially roleplaying a bit just by playing the game? 

Patrick
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 08:50:27 AM »

I on both sides on the Jung Ma server. Definitely stop by and say hi Smiley

As for a preferred side, the few dark side characters seem to have some pretty dark storylines at times, so my preference is light side. However, it is interesting to see how the other half lives and their storylines.
dantemarx
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 11:35:57 AM »

I just played through Dragon's Dogma. Its a pretty cool action RPG. I like that the monsters are often enormous, and it feels like you are getting beat up when you are getting beat up. Only problem is that you can go down really quick, and there are few second choices. I got more than a month at two or three hours most days.
Bob
V

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 12:04:17 PM »

If you are into Facebook games, I've gotten hooked on "Marvel: Avengers Alliance".  Free to play and has a nice variety of characters to pick from (although it seems like they have more X-Men than Avengers).
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 02:06:21 PM »

If you are into Facebook games, I've gotten hooked on "Marvel: Avengers Alliance".  Free to play and has a nice variety of characters to pick from (although it seems like they have more X-Men than Avengers).

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: