Major Spoilers Forum
April 18, 2014, 08:12:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Art thread with a clever title  (Read 10569 times)
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 06:48:38 PM »

Whats that type of sculpting called?  What material is it?  I'm on the hunt for a new hobby and that looks extremely cool.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 07:07:15 PM »

I dunno what type it is other than just regular sculpting, I just made a skeleton out of wire to give it some framework then just flopped it on in the rough shape I wanted then started adding detail with an exacto knife, a toothpick and a looped over paper clip then smoothed it a bit with my pinky

The stuff is a brand of super sculpty called "sculpty III" I got at hobby lobby, its quite soft and mallable and doesn't dry out or harden till you put it in your oven at 400 degrees I believe. I think you can sand it a bit afterward.

Stuff like the shoulder armor and straps I made out of little bits of sculpty and carefully pressed it on.

I wanna try and make several, and maybe sell a few custom ones at some pounce depending on how well they turn out. Gonna paint it once its all baked. Just wish I had an IRL game to use it in. Sad

If you do any be sure to post 'me up!

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 08:20:02 PM »

Details all done on Vold and he's fresh out of the oven!

I poked some holes in his maul and superglued toothpicks to it AFTER baking him, as I was afraid they would break off.

He's all cooked and ready for paint!

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 03:14:41 AM »

So throughout the whole Minotaur thing my kids have been bugging me about when I'm gonna make THEIR D&D characters, so since I can't bring all my paints to work, I can bring a few paper clips and a lump of sculpty, and get started on Lilly's changeling wizard PC.

Wireframe, I sodered it a bit for stability, hopefully improved flaws and potential breaking points on my last one.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 09:43:06 PM »

Eyes seem a bit more menacing that I wanted, still needs some tinkering.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 09:24:31 PM »

My son's Warforged fighter "Zoltar"

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 01:56:34 AM »

I would see about conscripting you to make Wingtip but he would be such a small miniature and I doubt it would hold up very well in the mail.

Your mini figs are pretty awesome though sir. These are awesome you kids will hopefully enjoy them.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 03:33:14 AM »

I could sure give it a try making him! He might be maybe half gnome size, hmm...

I actually thought of putting him on Vold's head with his sword out but chickened out.

The kids seem to like them, Owen especially.

I'm gonna have to make them some bigger action figure sized versions of their characters for them to hold when we play or I'll never get them to quit trying to move the miniatures around during combat. Lol

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 12:44:29 AM »

Taking a break from miniatures for something a bit larger. Definitly much more challenging . Trying out sculpty firm as well. Breaking out with my cowboy centaur character from my comic.

Tonight's work, fixed the legs a bit, worked the hooves and worked on the hat and face

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:46:20 AM by Cowboy Centaur » Logged

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 09:22:12 PM »

My latest miniature, Wingtip from our M.I.A. "Age of the guardians" PBP D&D game

Trying out the super sculpty firm, its darker but a bit easier to work with.

Wingtip and Vold Crookednose, the Turner and Hooch of their era.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 01:28:06 PM »

I thought I commented but i may have done that on the wrong thread which probably have gotten miss understood. I really like it great job. The details are amazing.

AresThePaladin
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 04:37:16 AM »

Dude your work is AMAZING. i hope my art turns out like urs one day Smiley
Keep on sculpting and drawring!!!!
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 08:29:27 AM »

thanks man! thats kind of you,  Cheesy

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »

just for fun, I made up this Pamphlet for my Half elf Cleric of Melora. he hands them out like they're raffle tickets, and i thought it'd be fun to have the real deal.

print it out front and back and pass them out to make strangers and your neighbors look at you wierd. spread the sea goddess' gospel!

I did NOT paint the watercolor! i just found it and thought it was cool

again, I DID NOT PAINT THE WATERCOLOR

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 11:32:34 PM »

Oh damn those are cool. Hopefully we can revisit this campaign after my child is born. It's been a crazy past few months working late hours and trying to make sure everything was perfect in the house.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: