Major Spoilers Forum
April 23, 2014, 12:06:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New to CH  (Read 6220 times)
s_o_a_c
Egg

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2012, 02:13:11 PM »

Hello there everyone, as well as to the CH crew!

I simply adore the show, they make a 10 hour night shift of work zoom by and i even end up listening to the episode i am at on the way home, in the car. I find it dementedly funny, even though i feel for Rodrigo trying to keep things in focus and it just strays off and strays off.

I have yet to listen to the fen of winters but I can honestly say that the party as it is, feels like they have all knwn each other for more than just however long they've known in character. I mean by that each character seems to have this accomplicityas if they all have known each other since they were children

Rob and Bryan (Did I spell that one right) have that chemistry that makes them in such a great slapstick duo while Matthew and Steven seem to be a DnD Laurel and Hardy in their Orem and Torq back and forth gags

Keep up adventuring CH'ers !

Cheers,
Soac
Navarre
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Soac!   Cool

If you like to play D&D or other RPGs, if you love comics, or even if you just want to hang out and banter with us, stick around!
Beta Ray Bill Cosby
Administrator
Snorkasaurus

Bill?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »

Hello there everyone, as well as to the CH crew!

I simply adore the show, they make a 10 hour night shift of work zoom by and i even end up listening to the episode i am at on the way home, in the car. I find it dementedly funny, even though i feel for Rodrigo trying to keep things in focus and it just strays off and strays off.

I have yet to listen to the fen of winters but I can honestly say that the party as it is, feels like they have all knwn each other for more than just however long they've known in character. I mean by that each character seems to have this accomplicityas if they all have known each other since they were children

Rob and Bryan (Did I spell that one right) have that chemistry that makes them in such a great slapstick duo while Matthew and Steven seem to be a DnD Laurel and Hardy in their Orem and Torq back and forth gags

Keep up adventuring CH'ers !

Cheers,
Soac
Glad to hear you're getting into it. We have a lot more cool things in the queue.

AKA: Rodrigo
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 10:27:57 PM »

Anyone know what happened to some of the PICS from episodes from way back?

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
Beta Ray Bill Cosby
Administrator
Snorkasaurus

Bill?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 11:20:33 PM »

Somebody's scanning for a banning

AKA: Rodrigo
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 12:00:29 AM »

Somebody's scanning for a banning

Now he just has to ask if he can join the group.
s_o_a_c
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 09:29:18 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Soac!   Cool

If you like to play D&D or other RPGs, if you love comics, or even if you just want to hang out and banter with us, stick around!

I plan to stick around for sure! Personally I am more a fan of chatroom roleplaying but the podcasts are to die for, what with the crew being fun to listen to and all, it's pretty easy to do so.
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 06:41:17 AM »

Same situation for me exactly! I've always kind of wished I could play D&D, and found the books as confusing as I did interesting, but listening to the first six or so episodes made it clear enough that I started DMing my own game with guys from work. we started out with the Coppernight Hold module, and I've been making up my own for the last month or so.

right now I'm up to the episode where they're on the moon and Torq finally activates his dog for the first time. really enjoy listening to it to make driving to work, being at work, and washing the dishes around the house fly by.

Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 08:46:06 PM »

I miss Fluffy.  Considering that he can be unleashed outside of combat and possibly be used as a one hit distraction, I would like to seem him again.  Even if it isn't a tactical use, he could be there for character development.

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
s_o_a_c
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »

Well as far as Fluffy is concerned, even Matthew said himself it was kind of too out of character for Torq so...
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 06:05:36 PM »

Fluffy as a character name comes back in episode 164 or 165. It's the the same creature as before but torq names something else fluffy. I wont give it away for you because you're new I'll let you discover the awesome for your self.

Matthew
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 04:28:01 PM »

I have yet to listen to the fen of winters but I can honestly say that the party as it is, feels like they have all knwn each other for more than just however long they've known in character. I mean by that each character seems to have this accomplicity as if they all have known each other since they were children

Well, Stephen and I met in college, but there was about a 12 year gap in that interaction before the launching of Major Spoilers.  I believe Rob and Brian used to travel the country in a van with a dog and two girls solving mysteries, while Rodrigo and I first met in the ring in Mexico, where he was known as El Ranchero, friend to all children.

Though I have met and spent an afternoon in the presence of Rob and Brian (who each looks like the image that my mind had for the other, based on their vocalizations), I have never actually been in the same room as either Rodrigo or Adriana, who exists in an alternate dimension and consists entirely of ionic energy.
s_o_a_c
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 10:19:28 AM »

Heh, Matthew, somehow i felt i would have been disappointed if you did not go in one of your elaborations like you do in the podcasts, heh.

Also happy new year to all of the crew and everyone upon this forums! Fond wishes of health and such things trivial and whatnot
Navarre
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 10:24:02 AM »

Thanks, s_o_a_c. I hope your New Year's was great as well.
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 12:35:03 AM »

Glad you're a fellow fan the show s_o_a_c!

I'm on my 12th listen-through of the entire series, currently at episdoe 54 "Across the Lunar Landscape" again; I just can't help it, it's that friggin' good! Rodrigo's storytelling and mastery of the mechanics (even with the handful of mistakes), Rob's sarcastic number crunching and snarking, DnD Brian's hilariously pathetic dice rolling and pitiful character interactions, Miss Adriana's adorably frantic and morbid antics, and Matthew's magnanimous presence of comedy are all why I keep going back.

Really, the only one not phenomenal is Stephen (no hard feelings Mr. Schleicher) who repeatedly asks painfully redundant questions. I get that they have month long breaks between sessions, but he wouldn't forgive any of his students for doing the same thing, would he? (I am assuming of course, and have no idea if he would be forgiving) However, Orem is a hilarious character to witness interacting with the others, so Stephen gets points for creativity.

This show is 6-Stars worthy, but iTunes doesn't give me that option. I hope Critical Hit continues on well into the Epic Tier, and I hope to see a surge of new podcast content from Major Spoilers in the coming years (Rodrigo's Exalted Live-Play and a World of Darkness game run by Rob, for example).

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: