Major Spoilers Forum
July 31, 2014, 06:40:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your dream DC/Marvel crossover (or dream Amalgam merge)?  (Read 2735 times)
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »

With the retro review of the JLA/Avengers book, I've been thinking once more about my dream crossovers with DC and Marvel.  We've seen a lot of interesting crossovers over the years, from the Superman/Spiderman crossover, DC v.s. Marvel, JLA/Avengers and so on.  We've also seen a rather fun look at a "What if?" style setting where they were both one merged universe, Amalgam.

But with so few pages to tell the stories, not everyone's dream crossovers have happened.  Is there a meeting (or more likely, a fight) that you want to see?  Is there an event you think would have been different with another character from the other company?  Is there an Amalgam you think would be interesting?

These are a few ideas I would love to see:

Crossovers
- Batman Beyond/Spidergirl:  We've seen a Spidey/Batman crossover, so why not have the next generation meet?  
- Black Lanterns/Marvel Zombies:  There are hundreds of ways this could be played out.  Personally, I'd like to see a battle of the two zombie types, perhaps given equal footing by one of Marvel's cosmic beings imparting a bit of power to the Marvel Zombies (maybe Galactus splits a bit of the power cosmic?).  And all the while, a group from both worlds (maybe Challengers of the Unknown and Fantastic Four?) are trying to stop some other threat.
- Dex-Starr v.s. Lockheed:  Because the idea amuses me.

Amalgam
- Ambush Bug 2099: Ambush Bug + Spiderman 2099.  Not all Amalgam characters were combinations of similar characters (Lobo the Duck, for instance), but I thought this one kinda does make sense in a strange way.

Those are just a few of the many that have bounced around my head for years.  Got any of your own?

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 01:16:03 PM »

I don't have one of these myself. I like my stuff where it is, and I don't mix my carrots and potatoes. Smiley

But, Black Lanterns/Marvel Zombies could be an awesome thing

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 01:36:06 PM »

Legion of Superheroes vs X-Men might be fun.

Braniac-5 vs Cyclops
Saturn Girl vs Emma Frost
Ultra Boy vs Colossus
Phantom Girl vs Kitty Pryde
Wolverine vs Timber Wolf
and so on

Sheer numbers and the presence of Bouncing Boy will turn the tide in the Legion's favor.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 06:06:03 PM »

Legion of Superheroes vs X-Men might be fun.

I always thought if that happened, it would be an event that came about because reality was altering and would involve not only various members of each team, but each team would have members from different incarnations (such as those from previous Legion timelines that were rebooted or X-Men from other realities like in Exiles).  Like the Legion would find something going terribly wrong in their time and Legion members would disappear, but they would also find strange "artifacts" from the Marvel Universe (such as a Sentinel head from the "Days of Future Past" time).  On the other side, Cable, Bishop and Rachel Summers would all be experiencing or noticing shifts in reality (as they are all time travelers and exist slightly outside the normal flow of time like how Bishop continued to exist when reality changed to "Age of Apocalypse").  They'd meet, fight and finally team up to stop whoever/whatever is causing the timelines to go crazy (probably one of the villains who uses time travel from one of the universes).

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 09:54:38 PM »

My dream DC/Marvel crossover has already occurred, but I love it so much I want to see it over and over. That is the team-up of Captain America and Batman. In both Avengers/JLA and Marvel vs. DC it was these two who tipped the scales in some way. The idea of the two of them teaming up just makes me smile.
Hirimno
V

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 01:06:05 AM »

I'd want to see a team-up of Batman and Iron Man. You have Batman be the pre-fight brains and Iron Man for the during-fight brains. Also, their combined wealth would be mind-boggling.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 11:32:15 AM »

My dream DC/Marvel crossover has already occurred, but I love it so much I want to see it over and over. That is the team-up of Captain America and Batman. In both Avengers/JLA and Marvel vs. DC it was these two who tipped the scales in some way. The idea of the two of them teaming up just makes me smile.

I'm actually a bit surprised that they hadn't tried a Batman/Cap amalgam at some point.  After the original event, the meeting of the JLA and X-Men led to a new batch of Amalgam merges by Doctor Strangefate (such as the unlikely combo of Bishop and Superman):

So I'm curious what a merge of Batman/Cap would be like, and if it would include any other characters in the backstory (such as how Spider-Boy (Spidey + Superboy) came about by trying to duplicate the serum that made Super Soldier (Superman + Cap)).

Navarre
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 11:40:03 AM »

I am so intrigued by the idea I think I might do a sketch of this amalgam.

Captain Batmerica?
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 12:15:34 PM »

I am so intrigued by the idea I think I might do a sketch of this amalgam.
Captain Batmerica?

A bunch of the Amalgam names actually take no part of the character name and instead take more from descriptions (Batman + Wolverine = Dark Claw, for instance).  So I would think his name might be more like "The Unknown Soldier" (since Batman likes to hide and Cap is a soldier) or something else that combines aspects of each character.

They didn't exactly stick to just one merge per character, either.  They had Iron Lantern

as well as a merge of Nova (the herald of Galactus Frankie Raye) and Green Lantern Kyle Rayner into Frankie Rayner, Jade Nova:

Navarre
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 01:30:29 PM »

Maybe something like this?

The Dark Shield

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »

I think the biggest issue with a Bat/Cap Amalgam would be finding a way to reconcile how very different they are about public notice and such.

Batman has, for the most part, been much more of an in the the shadows striking down evil but not being a part of the system type of her. Cap on the other hand is very much a part of the system and in the spotlight.
Navarre
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 01:41:52 PM »

That might be the interesting thing about the character though. They would need a good writer to explore that conflict.

I dunno. I only draw lame pictures and sometimes write stuff.  heh
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 07:58:54 PM »

I think the biggest issue with a Bat/Cap Amalgam would be finding a way to reconcile how very different they are about public notice and such.

A Bat/Cap merge could always end up being created by a secret government experiment (possibly a second branch attempting to replicate the serum that created Super Soldier) and be totally covert ops, keeping both the secrecy of Batman and the soldier aspect of Cap. 

Not all Amalgam merges were like their source characters beyond a few aspects.  It makes sense to me since they aren't the source characters, but someone else with a few similarities from another timeline.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: