Major Spoilers Forum
April 18, 2014, 08:16:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
  Print  
Author Topic: 'ECLIPSED' Chapter 1 - What is a Soul Worth  (Read 10043 times)
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: December 18, 2012, 09:29:13 AM »

{are there any other Soulless, or people, in the room other than the one lumbering out the door? Is that soulless one of the people in the pictures? Does the room have any windows?}
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 18, 2012, 09:35:16 AM »

{There are no other souless or people in the room. Only the one soulless in front of you. You cannot tell if he is in the pictures as his back is facing you right now.}
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: December 18, 2012, 09:37:17 AM »

{Windows?}

{Also, he was in front of me when I opened the door, so I saw his face for a fraction of a second before ducking behind him. I'm sure I could have some idea of his appearance, even if not enough to be certain, I can make an educated guess.}
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 18, 2012, 09:51:22 AM »


{No there are no windows. Also with the face being as worn as it is and sunken your best educated guess would be that there are certain similarities.}
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 18, 2012, 02:02:03 PM »

{is that the turn order? I didn't realize you were going to roll our initiatives. Not complaining though, less I have to remember the better.} Smiley
Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 18, 2012, 02:03:24 PM »


{Yes. The map building Sab created actually rolls initiative each round on it's own so that it is randomized and always attached to the grid.} Smiley
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: December 18, 2012, 02:05:56 PM »

{it's also a floor wax AND a dessert topping!}
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #262 on: December 18, 2012, 09:33:56 PM »

Seeing that the house to be searched by Mouse is now open, I step toward the soulless exiting. We cannot afford enemies within our line of defense.

Adrien Latif moves E (5 foot step) to P21


As I do, I spy Mouse just behind him.

"Mouse! Do not go in there alone!"

"What is the situation in there?"


I take my readied shot at the soulless.

{Adrien's crossbow attack on soulless S19: 1d20+5=18. Hit.}
{Damage: 1d8=5. Damage would be 5+2=7 if they still count as "Human".}


{I will still get my normal initiative order this round, just after the soulless. I will not be able to move, however, as my 5-foot step negates that for the round.}
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 19, 2012, 08:28:48 AM »

Adrien, as you take your shot into the souless leaving the building. You know this pray was once human but you are yet unsure if your bolt did anything to the creature. It does not stop or even appear to ackowledge the hit. It silently continues to move forward.

{Top of the round. Aurelia your move}
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
indelikatt
Sleestak
**
Posts: 101



View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 19, 2012, 08:12:13 PM »

*panics at the nausea and death and moves back*

Aurelia Isidorus moves SE, S, S (15ft) to U19


*shouts out for the party to hear*

Don't get near them! I don't know about individually but in groups it feels like they suck the life out of you!

*frantically repeats it in Elvish for Viela*
Logged

Eclipsed - Aurelia
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #265 on: December 19, 2012, 08:20:34 PM »

I nod.

"Indeed! But we are beset by them and cannot afford to lose the line."

"Step to the eastern eave and try to slow their advance. Thomas seems about to take action but he needs the cover your elevated guard can afford."
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #266 on: December 19, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »

I study the soulless in the doorway of the house, remarking at its complete disregard for the bolt that struck it.

"They seem to have no care for their injuries. We may not even be inflicting any damage upon these damned souls."

"I still believe these may not be our enemies. But we must contain them and protect ourselves."

"Smokey - - Thomas! Perhaps fire will give them pause, yes?"
Logged
indelikatt
Sleestak
**
Posts: 101



View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 19, 2012, 08:29:51 PM »

*swallows*

*mutters*

I. Hate. Everything.

*steps to her right and fires off a shot*

Aurelia Isidorus moves NE (5 foot step) to V18


{going for the soulless at w16. 1d20+1=7 faaaaaaiiiiiillllll.}
Logged

Eclipsed - Aurelia
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #268 on: December 19, 2012, 08:34:05 PM »

As I hear the arrow of Aurelia snap against the unyielding rocks, I attempt to encourage my team.

"It was a fair shot, Aurelia. You have their distance now and will not miss again."

"Keep a sharp eye out for other danger. You are our best scout."

"Thomas, what can you bring to bear where blade and shaft might fail?"
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 20, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »

Adrien, as you look to Thomas you become worried. His face is crunched in pain and he is grabbing his stomach hunched over. You see his hammer glowing on and off with the same pale blue light. He begins to scream out. but as he does he begins to fade away into nothing.

A loud clang of his hammer hits the floor where he stood. Nothing is left except except for the weapon he carried with him.


{Next up the ray of sunshine Wink Cleo.}

Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!