Major Spoilers Forum
August 28, 2014, 12:15:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
  Print  
Author Topic: 'ECLIPSED' Chapter 1 - What is a Soul Worth  (Read 12519 times)
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors
***
Posts: 398


View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2012, 01:51:29 PM »

Smokey moves to follow Adrien.

"If the beings in the alley advance much closer, I can unleash a gout of flames at them. Young elf, you might want to get back."

{If possible, I'll ready a breath cone for if the soulless get close enough for me to catch at least two in it.}

Smokey moves NE, E, NE, N (25ft) to N21

Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #241 on: December 13, 2012, 01:54:24 PM »

"Beware to the west, my armored friend. I saw more than one of those things advancing this way."

"Something was blocking the door of the western house as well. Could be anything,"
I caution.
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: December 13, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »

Cleo casts Protection from Evil on herself (+2 AC, +2 saves, warded from possession, no touching or whatever Smiley) and moves behind the warriors

Cleo de Ciderrise moves N, N, NW (15ft) to O23


"Take care, gentlemen, we seem to be outnumbered by quite a few."

Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #243 on: December 13, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »

"Mouse is in the...um...house."

I sigh, not meaning to rhyme.

"Take down that one with the sword who attacked him. If we can subdue him, all the better, though there may be no way to avoid killing these things."
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #244 on: December 13, 2012, 02:26:33 PM »

"Viela! We need coverage on our western flank! Help Aurelia."

I point Viela to move toward the western corner of the house.

"Thomas, we could use some mystic aid."
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #245 on: December 13, 2012, 02:30:04 PM »

I straighten myself and take aim on the soulless I had targeted previously. I make sure to present my badge of office, out of sheer habit.

"I am Adrien Latif! In the name of the Gardien de...hrrm..."

"In the name of peace I order you to halt! We will not fire if you halt at once!"


I will take a shot if, and only if, they do not heed my warning. {holding that action, as instructed}
Logged
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 13, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »

"Standing in the alley like that is somewhat reducing the effectiveness of my trap."
Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #247 on: December 13, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »

"I did not know you had a trap beyond attacking anyone who came within range. I can fall back a step or two and still take my opening shot if it would help."

"What is your plan of attack?"
Logged
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 14, 2012, 06:54:56 AM »

"As soon as they approach a little closer, which they are less likely to do with you standing there, I can cast a certain spell that should prove effective against these undead creatures. Like Smokey, I can hit more than one creature at a time."
Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #249 on: December 14, 2012, 07:19:29 AM »

"I make myself the target. If they are not desiring a conflict then they will not harm us anyway. If they are our enemies, then they will advance on me and be pulled directly into your path of attack, as I planned."

"Stand ready."
Logged
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 14, 2012, 01:04:47 PM »

Ronin grumbles and draws his Glaive.
Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
indelikatt
Sleestak
**
Posts: 101



View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 14, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »

*moves up to the north size of the house she's standing on and draws her bow*


{Initiative 1d20+2=7}



Adrien! There are bunches of them out there! Also four of them are coming down the alley. I'm counting at least 13 of them here. How did they know we were here?


*panics slightly, then remembers to translate for Viela*

*in Elvish*

Viela! Help cover me. We'll cover for each other, actually. Adrien seems to have taken the lead for now, meddling bugger that he is. Thomas is going to lay down some fire, I think.
Logged

Eclipsed - Aurelia
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors
***
Posts: 398


View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 14, 2012, 02:40:10 PM »

Smokey hears Aurelia's warning and question and mutters to himself, "The wizard warned us. Like moths to the flame they are drawn to your... our souls."
Logged
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2012, 10:46:09 PM »

Viela backs away from everything thats happening, her bow already has an arrow in it.  From the paniced look in here eyes anyone could be a target.

Viela moves E, S, SE, SE (25ft) to N28

Logged

Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 18, 2012, 09:24:19 AM »

Adrien you place yourself in direct vision of the souless heading towards you as you speak of who you are.

To no avail the creatures do not seem to stop.

Aurelia as you move closer to the edge of the roof you begin to you begin to feel strange. As if energy was being pulled from within you towards these creatures. The dry arid air smells of death of weighs heavy on your shoulders it makes you want to relieve the contents of your stomach but you grit through it.

As you look past your assailants you can see that this city your in reflects these creatures in whole. The city is dead. The city before you is grand and vastly out stretches your vision. This city you can see was once incredible and it is dying. Dying but not dead. You can see movement. You can see what you think is life but it could just be these creatures. Roofs remain intact and sprinkle out through the rubble. Not all but some.

Mouse you find yourself in the middle of a well lit warm room. Full of life. Beside you is a table adorned with a well-made cloth and cutlery typical of the rich and few where you come from. Around the walls frames hold pictures of a family. A father and mother and three children. All smiles and without worry. It is something you reconise, innocence. To the wall facing you the is a hearth lit with a fire and a pot hanging above it. The smells wafting from it make your mouth water . You realise though this fire must make smoke. It goes up what appears to be a chimney and yet while you were out the was no smoke. It all seems very curious.

As you all move into position it is clear the creatures do not ackowledge anything you speak to them and only lumber towards the nearest one of you.


{Adrien your attack you saved is still open I will let you take it before Aurelia takes the first attack of the round.}

Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!